2020 Tiger 900?

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by ontheroad68, May 23, 2019.

1. Ljislink

Ljislink Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bummer, I thought that guy was gonna get that hop fixed. IMO I don't think you'd alienate the dealer your beef is with Triumph not him, maybe the dealer can get Triumph to bring in there regional rep. & see what He's got to say about it.
    When the dealer rode your bike is He claiming the hop is normal or they didn't notice it ? If that's the case than you probably will piss him off but so be it you should not have to keep chasing the problem on 16.5K brand new bike, maybe lemon law is the only way to go. Good luck with this & keep us posted.
  2. Night Falcon

Night Falcon Structural Failure

Oddometer:
    Wouldn't imagine Triumph are unaware of the problem if it's as serious and as common as people say. If you're wanting Triumph to take ownership of the problem, to avoid any potential hassle, I wouldn't get a third party to open up the forks.

I can't imagine what the problem would be but since I've been following the Triumph thread it has kept popping up on different models. tire wear, fork oil levels, air, wheel and steering head bearings have all been suggested but to date no definitive answer as yet. Good luck.
  3. Texasten

Texasten Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well, the suspension guy #2 was willing to go into forks and try some adjusting, but, like Night Falcon says, doing so just might make Triumph not want to honor warranty. So I picked up the bike and will try again with dealer. The first time the dealer rode bike, I think I did not get specific enough about the bounce. They said they rode it at 40, 50, 60, and 70 mph and it all seemed normal to them. Guess I did not stress that this issue is specific to 36mph thru about 45, only. It is so knurly that looking at speedo, even with giant digits, makes my eyes dance to try to read it! With sag set properly, the bounce was actually worse than when sag was just factory settings. I tried totally undoing the rebound and compression settings today, and unwound the rear shock preload all the way out. Going to unwind the forks preload also, back to zero, factory setting tomorro. All these changes make very little difference in the bounce, it just keeps on bouncing........:baldy
  4. offtheback

offtheback Chocolate Starfish Supporter

Oddometer:
    Did the last mountain ride I will probably be able to do this year in Colorado over to Moab via Rim Rocker Trail. I have only had the bike a few weeks and installed the Hepco tank guards and rear rack before leaving, easy install. I am waiting on the Hepco engine guards and skid plate to come in and thankfully kept the bike upright and the few rock strikes were deflected by the plastic stock skid plate. I ride fairly aggressive off road and blew through the stock springs in the suspension, especially loaded for touring. A metal ‘clank’ kept happening as the bike went skyward off jumps so I dialed it back a bit. I had contacted Konflict Suspension prior to the trip and I will be dropping it off to them tomorrow for their first look at the 900. They worked magic on my 701 and I am looking forward the same with this bike with some work and hopefully adding an inch or so to travel. The bike handles line a dream off road and the low end torque is incredible. I was able to lug it around in 2nd where it would have stalled other bikes. IMG_4792.JPG IMG_4762.JPG IMG_4759.JPG IMG_4744.JPG IMG_4747.JPG
    austxdan, Jarrett2, Don03st and 4 others like this.
  5. Blakduk

Blakduk Don’t be too practical.

Oddometer:
    I am very interested in what your suspension guy comes up with, I'm probably in the same boat and after 2000 kms, will be looking to have MPE work my suspension too.
    6.5x47L and Cruz like this.
  6. Ljislink

Ljislink Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey, nice taco sign ! I'm wondering on you Mosko bags what rack your using ? I had a tusk rack with Wolfman set up on my last bike but haven't seen many after market racks for the RP
    Thanks
    austxdan likes this.
  7. Jarrett2

Jarrett2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Rally Pro loves this stuff:

[​IMG]
  8. Jarrett2

Jarrett2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I took mine to Tony a couple of weeks back to do the 6,000 mile service and pull my knobbies/put the stock tires back on so I could take it to his trackday event. I mentioned to him that it was bouncing. When I got the bike back, I couldn't detect a bounce anymore.

They said they didn't do anything out of the ordinary, but it seemed to be fixed for me. I think mine mainly manifests with knobbier tires.
  9. austxdan

austxdan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Add myself as interested in which racks to go with those Mosko bags. I am shopping and RP #1 on my list. I noticed that the Triumph rack you get with the RP is for their hard panniers, but I want to go soft (Mosko prolly, maybe other) and I see Mosko has their own racks as well.

I'll have to figure out all these variables if the local stores ever get some inventory back in.

Cheers,
    Dan
  10. ScottyDog

ScottyDog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can't believe you take your Rally where you go Jarrett - I thought that is 790 territory - then you go road racing on it!!!:clap

I'd be applying for the job of Triumph Ambassador if I was you... :photog
    Jarrett2 and Blakduk like this.
  11. Xchemie

Xchemie Adventurer

Oddometer:
    austxdan and 23103a like this.
  12. FLYINGBURRITOBROTHER

FLYINGBURRITOBROTHER Life is too short to not ride...

Oddometer:
    Xchemie likes this.
  13. austxdan

austxdan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Being in "shopping mode" I've noticed that the Arrow exhaust that is listed as an optional add-on on Triumph's site is priced at $550. Between that and looking at other Akrapovic units on places like RevZilla, I'm guessing this would be in the same ballpark?
  14. FLYINGBURRITOBROTHER

Oddometer:
    A competitive $550 would be nice....but Akrapovic items are usually priced as if they're made from unobtanium from what I've seen.

How much weight savings is the Arrow exhaust?
    imzolo likes this.
  15. imzolo

imzolo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi austxdan

Nope. Akros for the Tiger 800s are in the $950 range. So I would expect at least the same for this one.

Zolo
    austxdan likes this.
  16. austxdan

austxdan Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Cannot find the $64 answer. Only that its Titanium. Found an old thread on an 800 XC forum - did some math to convert grams for this side of the pond, etc. On the 800's it was about 3.5 lbs. :hmmmmm
  17. Tomintoul

Tomintoul Hoopy frood

Oddometer:
    Can I suggest that if you want to lighten your ride by more than 5lb for less than 500USD, a week long prescription of chicken vindaloo and mutton phal should do the job :D
  18. FLYINGBURRITOBROTHER

Oddometer:
    Ha.....about what I expected. 1K.....not a chance I would spend that on a can.

Thanks for researching that. 3.5 pounds....not really worth it to me.

Oh man.... i LIVE for Indian food. Tikka Masala, Lamb Vindaloo.... I got my insides all acclimated to that diet long ago.
  19. Tomintoul

Tomintoul Hoopy frood

Oddometer:
    You have done well, my young Padawan. I see you're ready for the next step. First, put the loo roll in the fridge....
    Cruz and FLYINGBURRITOBROTHER like this.
  20. snakepilot

snakepilot Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have the Arrow on my 900. Sounds good, provided you are not looking for very loud .
    Weight savings is 3.5 lbs.