2020 V-Strom 1050

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by eakins, Feb 4, 2019.

1. BlueRidgeKat

BlueRidgeKat Daily Commuter

Oddometer:

That's the best looking one I have seen. Does anyone know when Suzuki is going to show their 2021's ?? I kept watching the website but the only 2021's are the GSXR's and a few dirt bikes.

916Rider likes this.
  2. ukiboy

ukiboy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Out for a ride this afternoon making the most of the nice weather.
    After 5 miles or so the engine cut out (luckily I was on a quiet road with no traffic) and the Master Warning Indicator Light ( page 2.29 of the owners manual), it’s a triangle with an exclamation mark inside, lit up.
    After parking up I tried starting the engine, no joy. Another attempt was unsuccessful.
    After a few moments of cursing and hunting for my mobile phone to call recovery I tried to start the engine again.
    It fired up with no issues. I carried on with my ride, another 30 miles or so with zero issues..
    The manual says to contact the dealer if the warning light is lit or blinking but it never came on for the rest of the ride.
    Anyone else had this? Something to worry about?
    I’m thinking it’s just a ‘running in’ glitch (bikes got 680 miles now), or dirt or moisture got somewhere momentarily. I plan on just riding the bike as normal and hopefully it don’t happen again.
    Grateful for any ideas,
    Thanks!
  3. realshelby

realshelby FLAKE

Oddometer:
    Any bike that quits on me while going down the road is going to be hard to trust till I find out the problem. I would take it to the dealer and see if they can bring up a code in it. Meanwhile I would double check ALL battery and electrical connections. If I found the battery cables loose....that would make me happy in that it should be what caused this for instance.
  4. ukiboy

ukiboy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Makes sense. I did attach a cable for my heated vest so I’ll double check the connections and see if I failed to tighten them properly.
    Thanks for the heads up!
  5. ukiboy

ukiboy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That garbage can sized OE exhaust is starting to annoy me. Has anyone replaced it and if so, what are the recommended replacements?
  6. AKStrom

AKStrom Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Indeed, I'm curious as well considering that there's almost no vendors here in the States that even have the 1050XT listed let alone have accessories available.
  7. BlueRidgeKat

Oddometer:
    Have been watching the Sargent seat website for a low or at least comfortable seat........ nothing there either. Still leaning toward finding a leftover 1000.

8. AKStrom

AKStrom Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I emailed Sargent a few weeks ago and was told that it's not planned for development yet, and to go order a custom seat.

Somewhat disappointing answer.
    BlueRidgeKat likes this.
  9. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 Just glad to be here.

Oddometer:
    I have seen a Yoshimura exhaust installed from the V2 on the V3. Stromtroopers. :D
  10. BlueRidgeKat

Oddometer:

Have 62k miles on a 2012 650. Think I'll just pass on the 1050 and go with another 650 when the time comes.

11. t-dub

t-dub Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    dtysdalx2 likes this.
  12. ukiboy

ukiboy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks! Looks great and sounds real good!
  13. lazos 990

lazos 990 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Givi hand guard deflectors
    20201119_142955.jpg 20201119_142707.jpg 20201119_141723.jpg
    No time to go for a ride today I have to wait until Sunday to see how they work.
  14. ukiboy

ukiboy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks good, that’s another accessory I’ve been looking at. Let me know how they perform out on a fast road. Looking at the bike from the front it looks like a lot of coverage from the wind and weather.
  15. Cactus67

Cactus67 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anybody know if the 1050 gets different colors for 2021? I can’t imagine they’ll change anything on such a recent model that’s already Euro 5.
  16. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
  17. smalls78

smalls78 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have a GIVI airflow and hand guards on order. Arriving Tuesday. Can't wait.
    lazos 990 and 996DL like this.
  18. smalls78

Oddometer:
    I have a production date for Russell Day Long seat coming up. There's not much on the market for seats to fit the new 1050 so going this route. Never had a RDL so kind of nervous. Received some good info from another Vstrom rider who did the RDL and loves it. I wish Sargent would hurry up and make one as I've had a Sargent on every ADV bike. Corbin has one in the makes according to their website, but no word on release. The stock seat on the 1050 is pretty awful IMO.
    V-Tom likes this.
  19. realshelby

realshelby FLAKE

Oddometer:
    You will forget all about Sargent.......
  20. smalls78

Oddometer:
    The difference is dramatic. I'm 6'1".

fullsizeoutput_175c.jpeg

GIVI

fullsizeoutput_175b.jpeg
    lazos 990 likes this.