2020 Yokohama Sonora Rally

Discussion in 'Racing' started by SonoraRally, Aug 1, 2019.

1. SonoraRally

SonoraRally n00b

Oddometer:
    2020 Dates

We are proud to announce our dates for 2020. The Yokohama Sonora Rally will take place from March 15-20th and will be starting for the first time in the capital of Sonora, Hermosillo.

Sonora Rally has confirmed that it will once again be the North American round of the Road to Dakar. There will be additional exciting news to follow.

We will also be hosting two Rally Schools. The first Dec. 7-8 (location TBD) and the second Feb. 15-16 in San Luis Rio Colorado.

Look for more info shortly and enjoy the highlights of this years event. See you in Sonora in 2020!
    www.sonorarally.com

54220537_2285929431733402_3247056212771995648_n.jpg 54361825_2286158128377199_6625638536194293760_n.jpg 54433450_2286620724997606_3921279113746186240_n.jpg 54437127_2288226994836979_4118928990402510848_n.jpg 54524118_2289678731358472_8615631020554715136_n.jpg 54727629_2286620891664256_4017634265490522112_n.jpg 54730942_2285929301733415_6340553282989064192_n.jpg 55489178_2289673294692349_1809429057054441472_n.jpg
  2. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any idea where it will end for lodgistics planning on our end?
  3. SonoraRally

SonoraRally n00b

Oddometer:
    Although we cannot confirm the arrival town today, it will be in the north of the state. Look for a press release next week with more details.
    Big Tall Bastard and Yellow Pig like this.
  4. christian

christian Long timer

Oddometer:
    subscribed... really curious about "There will be additional exciting news to follow." ...

More logistics info would help to estimate time off ... hoping to give it a 2nd shot... (2017 #10) ...
    garfey likes this.
  5. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    :popcorn
  6. SonoraRally

SonoraRally n00b

Oddometer:
    We are in Sonora this week and will be releasing some more details on our return. We are looking at all sorts of new terrain and we promise a top class rally once again in 2020!
  7. HogWild

HogWild Scott Whitney

Oddometer:
    SONORA RALLY 2020 ENTRIES OPEN THIS FRIDAY, 25 OCTOBER !

Special $300 savings for the first 25 who register.

Keep an eye out for the NEW WEBSITE coming soon...

[​IMG]
  8. gagnaou

gagnaou Long timer

Oddometer:
    This should be fun!!!
  9. Konflict Motorsports

Konflict Motorsports TUNER Supporter

Oddometer:
    Rally Pan Am will be there bigger and better than before offering mechanical support/logistics and fly-n-ride packages featuring current model Husqvarna FE450’s and true KTM 450 Rally Replicas!

Visit our site, www.rallypanam.com for more information or to sign up.
    dooby, shooter_t1 and keepshoveling like this.
  10. keepshoveling

keepshoveling DNF

Oddometer:
    Don't sell yourself short - here's the info from your site. Looks well worth it for what's being provided IMO.

RALLY PAN-AM FULL SERVICE SUPPORT PACKAGE:
    ‘18-20 HUSQVARNA FE450/501-$5000.00 ‘17 KTM 450 RALLY REPLICA- $7500.00

Rally Pan-Am Prepared Fleet Motorcycles;

• F2R 750 Roadbooks

• F2R billet roadbook switches.

• RMS Rally Lite Roadbook Arms

• RMS Support Bracket

• Konflict Motorsports tuned suspension sprung and valved to client’s specifications.

• Renazco Racing suede seat.

• 4.5 Gallon IMS fuel tank.

• One set of new tires and mousses.
    LOGISTICS:
    • Transport of rider from designated location to and from event.

• (Limited space available, Baja Rally- San Diego California, Sonora Rally-Tuscon Arizona).

• Transport of gear bag, one tote (24x16x16), one personal bag.

• Race alongside Rally Pan Am team riders.

• Complete mechanical support including suspension setup testing, and bivouac support. (Includes camping equipment, chairs, easy-ups, snacks and drinks) *Please bring personal sleeping bag, pillow and pad.

• Misc. fluids and consumables are included.

• Extensive KTM/Husqvarna spare parts inventory including ICO/F2R/RMS/Tires/Mousses on hand for purchase.
    * Event entry/meals are not included.

* Damage deposit of $500.00 USD is required during/prior to tech inspection at event.
    MasterMarine and rkdwp like this.
  11. HogWild

HogWild Scott Whitney

Oddometer:
    SONORA RALLY COMPETITOR RACE INFO / EARLY ENTRIES OPEN FRIDAY!

SONORA RALLY
    MARCH 15th - 20th, 2020

EARLY ENTRIES OPEN OCT 25th
    $325 special savings to first 25 registered

Best of 2019 Sonora Rally Video - CLICK ME!

COMPETITOR INFO

REGISTRATION
    We are in the process of launching a new Bi-lingual website and registration system this year so thank you in advance for your patience! The registration site will allow competitors to create a profile that you can save and come back to, in order to edit your entry. The info can also be used to enter future events. You may be asked to update your entry information, leading up to the rally, based on info we may need for border crossing, emergency contacts, medical information etc. We will update competitors as we go. The new system has been made to make the process run more smoothly at the event and at future rallies.

HERMOSILLO START / SAN LUIS RIO COLORADO FINISH
    The 6th Annual Yokohama Sonora Rally, presented by Method Race Wheels, will take place
    March 15th - 20th, 2020. This year's rally will start in the Sonoran capital of Hermosillo and finish in San Luis Rio Colorado, Sonora, Mexico.

HOW TO GET THERE
    DRIVE
    Hermosillo is a three-hour drive south of Nogales.
    We will organize with Nogales Aduana to make your crossing as smooth as possible, but it is imperative that you fill out your customs forms when you register.
    You may also cross in San Luis Rio Colorado.
    We will make arrangements for vehicle storage in SLRC if you wish to leave a car there for the finish.
    Do not cross in Baja California Port of Entries- they will turn you around if you have a race vehicle.
    Must enter in Sonora.

FLY
    There are direct flights to Hermosillo (HMO) from San Diego (via CBX Tijuana) on Volaris and from Phoenix on American Airlines.
    There are direct flights from Mexico City on several carriers.

ROAD TO DAKAR
    For 2020, we will again be the North American "Road to Dakar" event, offering the class winner a free motorcycle entry to the 2021 Dakar Rally. Details upcoming.

NEW! Challenge RALLYE DU MAROC
    The UTV class winner of the "Challenge Rallye du Marco will win a free entry into Rallye du Maroc in October, 2021. Details upcoming.

REGULATION UPDATES
    VEHICLE REGISTRATION
    All racing bikes, UTV’s and Cars must have some form of registration to enter Mexico. Green Sticker (CA) or off road registration is fine but must be official DMV document showing legal registered ownership.
    NO GPS
    Only organization GPS units may be mounted on and in vehicles. All vehicles must remove GPS units before starting the rally. Heading repeaters are allowed but can’t show tracks.

NEW! THREE CLASSES FOR BIKES
    Rally Pro
    Open to top level riders and all Road to Dakar competitors

Rally Enduro
    Open to all bikes that comply with the specifications of the manufacturers' official catalogue with a maximum displacement of 520cc. This is a class aimed at amateur and first time rally raid enthusiasts using standard / lightly modified bikes.

Rally Adventure
    Open to bikes over 520cc. Specifically aimed at the new generation of adventure bikes
    (KTM 790, Yamaha Tenere, 701 Enduro)
    Eligible for Challenge Rallye du Maroc

NEW! THREE CLASSES FOR UTV
    Stock Production
    Stock Suspension
    Stock motor (both normally aspirated and turbo run together)
    Modified for safety purposes allowed
    31" Tire Max Size

Modified UTV
    Two sub-classes: Turbo and Non-Turbo
    33" Tire Max Size
    Stock Pivot Points and Motor Location

Unlimited UTV
    35" Tire Max Size
    Prototype vehicles not available to the public

ADVENTURE RAID
    Adventure Raid is a guided adventure designed for those who want to experience rally raid and navigation without the stresses of racing. 2020 will be available only to street-legal four-wheel drive vehicles such as Jeeps, Raptors, and Tacomas. There will be a 12 vehicle limit so register early.

RALLY SCHOOLS
    SPACE IS LIMITED TO 20 PARTICIPANTS - REGISTER EARLY
    The navigation school combines classroom training with practical application utilizing in-the-field road book exercises designed by Dakar veteran Scott Whitney, instructed by two-time Dakar Rally winner Darren Skilton. Perfect for an athlete looking to sharpen their skills or enthusiasts wanting to learn about navigation, develop practical on-course & off-course habits then apply them to a genuine, world-class competition like the Sonora Rally.
    Topics Covered: Road book basic / HP Navigation / Dakar Tricks and Dune Racing tips / Rally protocol / Rally Comp installation and use

DECEMBER 7th / 8th - SAN LUIS RIO COLORADO, SONORA, MEXICO
    FEB 15th / 16th -TBD LOCATION
    RSVP: erinlee@sonorarally.com with Name, Contact Info, Vehicle Type, School Date
    Cost: $600 per person with a $200 credit back on Sonora Rally entry 2020

DONATING SCHOOL SUPPLIES
    As a way to support some of the communities in which we stay, we will be organizing a school supply drive. We will send a list of needs to the registered competitors. Any size donation is greatly appreciated!

SONORA RALLY 2020 ENTRIES OPEN OCT 25th, 2019
    www.SonoraRally.com
    (NEW BI-LINGUAL WEBSITE ....COMING SOON!)
  12. HogWild

HogWild Scott Whitney

Oddometer:
    Entries will open today, in the afternoon. Keep an eye on the home page on SonoraRally.com for the link to the new entry system to go live.
    Yellow Pig likes this.
  13. Yellow Pig

Oddometer:
    Is Rodo still doing the southern part of the roadbooks?

Has he gotten his act together for the Motos?
  14. HogWild

HogWild Scott Whitney

Oddometer:
    Rodo is doing all of the roadbooks, and I will be reviewing them and providing feedback.
  15. Yellow Pig

Oddometer:
    :(
  16. HogWild

HogWild Scott Whitney

Oddometer:
    Who wants to learn how to navigate and rally?

Sonora Rally has a few spots open for this weekend's rally school in San Luis Rio Colorado!

Contact Erin via email for registration info!
    EMAIL: erinlee@sonorarally.com

[​IMG]
    Logger06 likes this.
  17. shooter_t1

shooter_t1 Adventurer

Oddometer:

I have a question. I won't make this years event, as I don't have enough time to train with my bike. However, I would like to attend a nav/rally school with the plan to race the 2021 event. Looking at the rules it appears that I would need to mount a roadbook reader and whatever the organizations GPS is. I don't want to tear my KTM's console apart. How are people mounting this stuff on a twin cyl adventure bike.? I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask.
  18. gagnaou

gagnaou Long timer

Oddometer:
    The least invasive way to mount a navigation set up is to use RMS set up.

[​IMG]

It mounts on the handle bar so no interference with your current dashboard except it hides it, IMO the hard part is going to be the roadbook and ICO switches accessibility as the turn signal/horn switches can be pretty on a twin cylinder bike.....

I see in your signature line that you also have a 520 or a 350, those may be a better options in the sand and dunes that are likely to be encountered at the training school.
    Stagehand likes this.
  19. shooter_t1

shooter_t1 Adventurer

Oddometer:

Ah. That makes sense, I'll look into that setup.
    And yes sir, I also have a 520SX and a 350 XCF. But... I want to run the Adv bike class. The 520 is the sx model so it's a 4 speed geared for MX/SX. The 350 is probably going to a new home next week as I have slowed down on riding MX.
    Thank you for taking the time to answer. I appreciate the help.
  20. HogWild

HogWild Scott Whitney

Oddometer:
    I concur with gagnaou, that RMS system is the hot setup, get it here:
    https://www.rallymotoshop.com/

If you can make it to one of the Sonora rally navigation schools, do it, you'll learn a ton and have a lot of fun doing it.

Also, if you're not connected with Mike Johnson (RallyComp guy) in El Paso, do it. He also has an occasional rally navigation school in that area.