2021 49er in Mariposa,CA. Memorial Day Weekend

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Beemerguru, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Motopsychoman

Motopsychoman Not a total poseur Supporter

Oddometer:
    Two sets of books, eh?
  2. Beemerguru

Beemerguru Beemerguru...G/S guy

Oddometer:

2 sets of options
  3. StmbtDave

StmbtDave AKA Invisible Dave

Oddometer:
    Same thing...

:hide
  4. Beemerguru

Oddometer:
    except one gets you in a small room until they let you out and the other is prudent planning
  5. Beemerguru

Oddometer:
    We just added the Women's Adventure Training Classes... beginner, intermediate, and advanced. Women riders taught by women instructors. Classes limited to 10 per class

Students should sign up now for the class and Rally ..and get priority entrance in spite of the current Rally attendance limit in place.

Hopefully the max attendance limitations will be lifted in the next 4 weeks...Looking good so far

So please reach out to anyone you know who may want or should want to ride off road.
  6. Kefalos

Kefalos intrepidus savant

Oddometer:
    I believe I'm 3rd in line on the wait list. Filled up very fast. Hoping to make my first.
  7. BigNastybrp

BigNastybrp Big Nasty

Oddometer:
    Hope it makes it. Lol
  8. picknpluck

picknpluck Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    :photog:rofl
  9. idea man

idea man Remote Plate Spinner Supporter

Oddometer:
    In. Dyvking and I will be executing a pincer move coming from the north and the south. Really looking forward to it.
  10. Beemerguru

Oddometer:
    Just added the GS Giants and will be building the course. Great spectator event..or see how far you can take your adventure bike.

Also a Seminar with Phil Douglas from Aftershocks. And we'll be giving 2 sessions with Phil to have your suspension set up by one of the masters.
  11. Motopsychoman

Motopsychoman Not a total poseur Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is there a signup for the seminar?
  12. Beemerguru

Oddometer:
    Seminars are open to everyone... and the chairs will be spaced.
  13. Beemerguru

Oddometer:
    Just added the wizard from AfterShocks who will be doing a 2 hour seminar on suspension setup and alternatives. Also giving away 2 free suspension setup sessions with Phil to fine tune your suspension.

And it's looking good for raising the number limit so add your name to the waitlist to get the paperwork out of the way. I'll be able to make the determination by the 2nd week in May so you have a 2 week notice to get on the road.
  14. Beemerguru

Oddometer:
    And we just added the GS Giants to the list as well as the English Trials..both always a fun test of skills and great for watching.
  15. Beemerguru

Oddometer:
    I'll make the decision by May 14th but right now, under current conditions, I hope to open this up to around 450 attendees.

And if you have a lady friend who rides an adventure bike..we just added this class specifically for her so please pass this along.

=====

Yes, we're doing everything we can to compress a normal 6 month planning processes down into 2 months with lots of moving parts. But at least all the parts are coming together!

Pat Jacques is now on to deliver her Women's Adventure Riding Training Classes!

The same personalized instruction to help start or improve your riding skills where the confidence to go on off road trips, traveling through highway construction gravel sections, or heading to out of the way hot springs will now be part of your riding experience.

Go here to learn about her philosophy and what each course is about.

https://bmwnorcal.org/page-18202

Pat will be limiting her classes to 10 students this year on a first-come registration. The cost of each class is $250 BUT, you are also eligible for the BMW MOA Paul B Rider Education Grant which will directly reimburse you around $100 per class.

Because of the time crunch, we need to know we can fill the class, organize the training courses and staff the event support so you need to register before end of day May 10th - so register now.

https://bmwnorcal.org/event-3743039

The other benefit of registering for the event is that you will by-pass the 300 49er attendee limitation currently in place due to the Mariposa County Health Department Covad restrictions.

You register for her class and you and your group are guaranteed a pass for the 49er.

So register now for the class and also join us at the Women’s reception Friday evening.

Please call, text, or email me if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Greg Hutchinson
    49er Rally Co-Chair
    ghutchin@pacbell.net
    dyvking likes this.
  16. Beemerguru

Oddometer:
    Met with the fairground management and health department today..and I'm lifting the registration limit...so the current waiting list is in and people waiting to hear what will happen can now register.

I expect to party with around 500 beemer riders from all over..already have some from the East Coast and South heading over.

And we just added another food service and a speaker..raising the Poker Run prizes into the low 3 digits, Craft beer in the Bier Garten.

So if you were looking for something to do over Memorial Day weekend ..and want to ride the 8500' passes of the Sierras...now you have something to do.
    dyvking, Kefalos and Chip Seal like this.
  17. Beemerguru

Oddometer:
    What you can learn at the 49er - The seminars

Friday

4pm-5pm Scott Rosso Accident Scene Management

8pm-9pm Dr. Gregory Frazer HOW I BECAME A MOTORCYCLE ADVENTURE JUNKIE

Saturday

3pm-4:30PM AfterShocks -Phil Douglas Motorcycle suspension maintenance and upgrades

5pm-6:30 Fred Montara & Ed Perry 6 month Tour of South America

7pm-8pm Wynn Benti Australian Adventure Riding

8pm-9pm Dr. Gregory Frazer RIDING THE WORLD

Sunday

3pm-4pm RKA – Richard Battles The connection between luggage and communications

4pm-5pm Russ Brown What to do AFTER the accident
  18. Beemerguru

Oddometer:
    We're a go...registration is now open for everyone on the wait list so if you were waiting to register..do it now.
    dyvking likes this.
  19. DonniBoi

DonniBoi two wheel trash

Oddometer:
    are there going to be any meals provided with the fee? I saw a Saturday dinner option but that was all.

dyvking likes this.
  20. Beemerguru

Oddometer:
    We have venders for breakfast, lunch, and the Sat dinner option. Mariposa has some great places about 2 miles down the road. You won't starve or go thirsty for around 18hrs a day.
    DonniBoi likes this.