2021 FIM Rallye du Maroc - Marroco Rallye - F5 race coverage thread.

Discussion in 'Racing' started by hubilado, Oct 2, 2021.

1. gearheadE30

gearheadE30 @LC8Adventures

Oddometer:
    That sprocket is wild. Wonder if he smacked it on a rock enough times to weaken it or something; there is a picture of Mason's bike on Instagram of a broken swingarm. he cracked the holes that hold the chain guide on hitting it on stuff. It does seem to be an awfully small cross section for a part that has to take the full load of engine power and inertia when landing stuff on the throttle, and still have a fatigue life since it is aluminum. Bummer.

This was Kevin's first race on the Husky, right? Looks like his little brother managed to edge him out by a few minutes, but pretty close between them. Same with de Soultrait, decent first outing for him and only expect him to get faster as he gets more time with the team and bike.

I'd love to hear what the riders think of the new KTM/Husky, but never saw (and didn't really expect to see) any detail about it online.
  2. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    VDG and troy safari carpente like this.
  3. DruncleWill

DruncleWill CRASH TESTED

Oddometer:
    On the old bike. Did we learn anything about the new bike? What is the old to new ratio going into the new year (Dakar)? So many questions to take to the Bivouac thread...
  4. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think we saw that Honda have their s*** together though and the earlier “electrical” days maybe long gone?

Their must have been some interesting behind the scenes chat in this Dakar pre run, what with Quint from “KTM” to Honda and Kevin B in the reverse switch?

It’s once again going to be a fascinating start to the year to see how this plays out?

For me I’m just hanging up the shirt and tie, so work certainly won’t be in the way of the enjoyment - see y’all in the New year :thumb:beer
  5. gearheadE30

gearheadE30 @LC8Adventures

Oddometer:
    Walkner said somewhere that he was sticking with the old bike and playing it safe because he wanted to make sure he brought home the championship. Who knows if there is more behind those words, but it makes some sense to me. This new bike is big, big changes from the last few generations.
    troy safari carpente likes this.
  6. Gian

Gian dreamer

Oddometer:
    On the "Italian" side, things have been OK in this Rally, most of the competitor made it. A pity for Gerini who had a bad fall and concussion and was adviced to rest and Luca Marinone who broke a wrist on the first day.
    Cerutti had a safe ride, being two years away from the last desert race, while in Rally 2 Lucci was an impressive 2nd overall, while Leonardo Tonelli and Carlo Cabini made a lot of experience and finished in the first 15.
    Good news this time for Winkler father & son, so I think we'll see them all at the Dakar!
    husqvarna likes this.
  7. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente Team f5oolery

Oddometer:
    gulfcoaster likes this.