2021 GPX FSE250S (thanks Navin)

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Pitching a tent, Mar 11, 2021.

1. trippin green

trippin green Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Perfect, that is good news. I have 5gal of Rotella left over from the wake boat days. We're set for life, hell I might need to buy another one of these for me!
    Navin likes this.
  2. Bt10

Bt10 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ordered a 1.125" Yoshi spark arrestor. The size refers to the actual spark arrestor pipe and screen assy, not the mounting ring. 2 are the same, order whatever is in stock, looks like I bought the -14.

bought.jpg

I can make whatever I need, so I first cut off the bend in the spark arrestor screen pipe, because the GPX muffler is straight, then made a mounting ring and drilled together with the spark arrestor pipe for the retaining screw. O.D. matches the 1.28" GPX FSE250S muffler. Lengths not critical. 5mm screw from Yoshi kit fits GPX as well. Slather of hi-temp RTV each joint and install.

Edit to add: I did have to use a die grinder to trim out some weld blobs and the tube seam in the muffler, nothing more than any other manufacturer.

made.jpg
    drilled.jpg

Remember to add your Yoshi/USFS sticker to the muffler.

Got my street title in the mail last night too!

Probably going to contact Henner mtrspts for some jetting recommendations, for a stumble off idle.
  3. trippin green

Oddometer:
    Obligatory top of Windrock pic 20210508_174602.jpg
    dp064 likes this.
  4. Bt10

Bt10 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone adjust the steering stop screws to let it turn tighter? Mine is quite restricted.
    :ear
  5. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    My GPX FSER stops are adjusted to match my steering dampers stops, but they are adjustable for a reason. Put them where you like them and check for interference. :thumb
  6. trippin green

Oddometer:
    We screwed ours almost all the way in.

This chain grows a lot. Have tensioned a little more than one mark on adjusters in 50 hard offroad miles. I noticed a few pops here and there under extreme loading like clutching over a log and realized the chain was loose. Cinch it up and no problems. The lower roller tensions it more than a straight swing arm so you can set it to nearly tight on the kick stand and not bind the chain and counter shaft at full compression.
  7. Bt10

Bt10 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Quick refresher if I may - my bike is idling way too slow at first cold startup and won't take throttle easily to stay running - Fuel screw? in or out?
  8. Bt10

Bt10 Long timer

Oddometer:
    14 mile sand, whooped, wooded single track in the wet today. Clutch adjustment went to the bars, no other issues. Love the wide pegs. Me and my older son commented yesterday that the bars needed more sweep, well one side got more sweep unintentionally today :lol3.
    As I age, I’ll never outride the suspension. I (250lbs) could use moar power uphill in sand, but it’s fine for the daughter purchased for. Actually, she wants moar power for Silver Lake ORV area, but it’s fine. May change the seat for a comfort KTM or something. May sell another bike and go for a 300, haven’t decided 2t or 4t yet.
  9. JDUBinCO

JDUBinCO Q-bald

Oddometer:
    Any idea what size range this bike will fit? I got an XR100 for the wife and tweenagers to ride and its clearly too small and will be holding them back within the year. Wife and daughter are both 5'4" and appreciate the ability to get both feet down solidly - maybe totally flat is not necessary but tip-toes is too much of a stretch for their comfort.
    Since we ride at 8,000'+ I'm interested in more displacement than typical and I'm also not a fan of the typically terrible un-adjustable suspension on the Japanese small bikes. I'm assuming the FastAce stuff is pretty good?
    Any other pro's/con's would be appreciated!
  10. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    One guy who finishes top five in senior National Enduros was racing one this year and he loved the micro KTM105 size chassie but found the suspension lacking. So, if they arent trying to win national titles, its prob pretty good! Bigger than your 100 but not full sized like a 250f.
  11. Bt10

Bt10 Long timer

Oddometer:
    It is bigger than an xr200, especially the seat to peg distance, which is always nice. My daughter is 5’- and gets one foot down on the 19/16 wheel set. A 6’ man can easily ride it. I think the motor is a little bit cruder than an xr, and vibrates a lot at high rpm, but has good trail riding power from the bottom, and electric start is nice. Suspension is fine for trail riding, generations ahead of xr stuff. 250lbs, see above. The seat is very hard and grippy. Lights are included if you need for your orv jurisdiction. Don’t laugh at a 16” rear, the thing is the widest tire of all my dirt bikes, helping in sand. Any specific questions I’ll try to answer.
    Navin likes this.
  12. Cuttlefish

Cuttlefish Riding to disappear.

Oddometer:

Comments section has many suggestions that the 250cc water cooled, fuel injected GPX model (don't recall its model name) would have been a more apples to apples comparison
  13. Bt10

Bt10 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did I ask what graphics kit may fit the aircooled S? Gonna need numbers for the daughter. Slow idle seems to have cured itself. Still gotta get my son onto Henner’s book of faces…
  14. Bt10

Bt10 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is there a specific facebook for this model or all gpx's? Just wondering how y'all are doin'. Anyone get a right footpeg spring yet? D. Rudder say how he ordered numbers?
  15. Navin

Navin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pretty good group. Most members are exceedingly helpful. DR had a graphics company he used to use but he might have gone over to my guy, Sean @ DecalMX.com as I think they have those templates now also. You can ask Dwight in there as he checks in often.

6437A9CF-1CE2-4B6A-ABEE-3BC051384253.png
    Bitingdog and Bt10 like this.
  16. trippin green

Oddometer:
    These are NOT protapers. I drilled and measured the bars in the clamp area and they came up very thin ~4mm not the 5 or 6 protaper claims. Also, there are no markings at all, another giveaway. Sorted now!

20210807_193749.jpg 20210808_165906.jpg 20210809_193644.jpg
    Bt10 likes this.