2021 Inaugural Rally (Ride) In The Blues

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by SRC MOTO, Jun 14, 2021.

1. SRC MOTO

SRC MOTO n00b

Oddometer:
    CANCELLED CANCELLED CANCELLED CANCELLED CANCELLED

Hello, all.

After we had some hard conversations about the current construction of the overnight accommodation spaces (basically a couple of motel rooms in the firehouse), the opening of the motopub coming up, and running the warehouse, we realized we would be unable to make this event what we want it to be for the people who come. When we moved to Pendleton, all we wanted was to get together with other riders, but we realize that doing it this July is putting 10 pounds of potatoes in a 5-pound bag, and that doesn't work out well for anyone. :-) However, we are looking at doing a group ride that is maybe less formal in the fall and then really doing Rally in the Blues up right next year. If you are in the neighborhood of Pendleton, we invite you to stop by and say hello, have a beer in the new motopub (soft opening July 4th), and introduce yourself. But we sincerely thank all of you for your interest and we are really looking forward to meeting you folks in person.

Your Pals at SRC/Motostuff/BackFire Station

SRC Moto is holding our first Rally/Ride out of our new location in fabulous Pendleton, Oregon.

SRC and our sister brand Motostuff have taken over the old Pendleton firehouse as our new worldwide headquarters. Additionally, the firehouse is home to our soon-to-open motopub, BackFire Station. To commemorate the move and the opening of the pub, we invite you to join us for our first ever Rally in the Blues!

What: A 150-mile ride through the gorgeous Blue Mountains of eastern Oregon, live music at Pendleton's Roy Raley Park, available BBQ and beer garden.

When: Saturday, July 17th 9:00 am

How much: Tickets are $20 through EventBrite

Roy Raley Park is right next to Pendleton's world famous Round Up Grounds. The park is nestled under huge old shade trees, has an outdoor concert stage, and has been reserved exclusively for this event. Mojo the Party Band will play from 3:00 to 5:00, and the Midway Bar and Grill will be on-site with pulled pork, sausage hoagies, and adult beverages for purchase. When the band is done, folks are invited to make the short walk across the street to bench-race and swap adventure tales at the new BackFire Station motopub. After that, Pendleton has much more to offer in it's historic downtown--there's nothing like it in summer time.

Folks should arrive at the park gassed-up between 9:00 and 9:15 am (Dave's Chevron is right across the street). Riders will be staged and will leave in groups starting at 10:00 am. There will be an all-pavement option and a second route that will include an off-road mid-technical excursion up Kanine Ridge and then joining up with the pavement route for the rest of the ride. Gas is available at 135 miles (and possibly +/-90 miles, but not guaranteed). The ride will generally go over the Blue Mountains on the Old Highway, circle through the Starkey area over to Ukiah, over through the Battle Mountain twisties, and then 395 home to Pendleton, music, shade, beer, food, and fun.

Additionally, an SRC chase vehicle with gas, tools, and a motorcycle trailer will be sweeping the route for any stragglers!

Check out BackFire Station on Facebook or this link to tickets and hit us up with any questions. It's our first time! Hope to see you there!
    Ladybug and Mr. Fisherman like this.
  2. puncheur

puncheur Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thats in my back yard! dammit, I will gone that weekend.
  3. SRC MOTO

SRC MOTO n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey, puncheur.

Well, do not fret. We hope to make it an annual thing and even eventually expand it a bit to some camping in the mountains and some more varied rides. With the move from Portland and the opening of the pub, we're stretched pretty thin. But with the summer here and the country opening back up, we just couldn't pass up then chance to try to do something to get riders together to relax and have some loosely-structured fun in this great little town. You'll be there in spirit and hopefully you can join us next year!
  4. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    Hi,

That sounds fun - I'll attend your event if you will attend mine in Enterprise, OR - - -> Link
    Maybe that's not fair since that would be super short notice for you.

Is there camping at or near your location?

I had July reserved for some riding with a friend but it's not happening now so the majority of July is free on my calendar. Now all I need to do is decide if I want to ride the dirt route or the paved route so I know which bike to bring. :ricky
    Mr. Fisherman likes this.
  5. SRC MOTO

SRC MOTO n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey, Ladybug!

We literally rode by the Log House last Saturday on the 400-mile bagel odyssey.

We would love to come and it is totally fair to ask. Unfortunately, with BackFire Station officially opening on July 4th weekend, we don't get any days (or nights) off for the foreseeable future. But we would love to come next year and help get the word out for your event however we could. BackFire will have a board or counter area for local brochures or event fliers--we'd be happy to put something out for you next year and work together on the digital broadcasting.

Your event looks like a hoot. Good luck with it, and we hope to meet you and some of your guest list soon! :-)
    Ladybug likes this.
  6. SRC MOTO

SRC MOTO n00b

Oddometer:
    Oh, forgot to answer the camping question: there is a bunch of RV camping around Pendleton. For tenting you have to head up into the Blues. There are Forest Service campgrounds around Tollgate and at Emigrant Springs, or you can go primitive-style off trail in the National Forest. Pendleton is also a great jumping off point to the southern Blue Mountains where there are tons of great, little-used campgrounds and roads.
  7. motorat

motorat Is it raining

Oddometer:
    I would love to go but I have been scheduled for work that weekend.
    BTW I have a few of your products, they work well. You are on my short list for vendors.
  8. SRC MOTO

SRC MOTO n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks, motorat. Glad to hear you like the stuff. Please stop by anytime if you are coming through Pendleton.
    motorat likes this.
  9. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    The internet tells me the location for SRC Moto is:
    911 SW Court Ave, Pendleton, OR

Looking it up on google maps I see a nice big building. I'm looking forward to seeing your facility. I also found the park but so far I haven't figured out where I'm going to stay. I checked Motel 6 but my cheap side doesn't want to pay $100.00 for Motel 6. I haven't check for camping in the area yet but that's my next step.

I have purchased my ticket so I do plan to show up for the ride. :thumb
  10. sector

sector Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    @Ladybug, the Pendleton KOA has a few tent sites. MC camped there a couple years ago.
  11. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I'm usually not a fan of KOAs but for this situation, it might be perfect. Thanks for the tip.
  12. sector

sector Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm not either. The tent sites are small and cramped together. The upside, at least when I was there, was that no one was using them. Anyway, not many choices in that area. Hopefully, it will work for you.
    Ladybug likes this.