2021 KTM 890 Adventure / Adventure R / Adventure R Rally

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by 06Z, Oct 6, 2020.

1. push24

push24 "Ducky" Rider

Oddometer:
    Thanks. It‘s the riser from Twalcom, but looks identical to the one from Touratech.
  2. frqflyr

frqflyr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought it on Amazon.

3. NextAdventre

NextAdventre Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’ve got the plastic film off the Speedo Angels protector. Works well. Has anti glare. Well worth $13 shipped for two of them. I’ve used them before on other bikes and they lasted years.
  4. devildogg

devildogg Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Chevmekanik, get the hell off my road :) I am in the process of trying to trade off my 1090 for a 890 Standard, why not the R version? I am getting old and starting to pull the reins in a bit ,,,,, any way did Mainjet have any standard versions didn't see any on the website, nice bike by the way as far as say no too snow, yah it's about time.
    Friday
    PXL_20210423_183420791.jpg
    chevmekanik likes this.
  5. chevmekanik

chevmekanik Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    We are bound to cross paths! I did not see any S versions but they are uncrating slow.
  6. David_Moen

David_Moen Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just flogged my 890 down to Valley Moto Sport and back on Westside Road for it's initial service. It did remarkably well at unwinding that bit of twisty asphalt, the TKC80s suprised me. The whole time I was thinking that this would be a brilliant engine in a more "standard" street bike, the Duke is a bit to sporty for my old spine, but the 890S might be perfect!
    frqflyr, Crazysheep and DCGH like this.
  7. Rage'n Cajun

Rage'n Cajun Sport bike rider turned ADV enthusiast

Oddometer:
    I bought my 2020 1290 SAR from Sun late last year. Other than the bike not being ready unit 3 hours after my scheduled appointment to pick it up, I had a really great experience there. Their finance team was awesome! I put nearly 3K miles on it, rode the southern CA BDR and have come to the conclusion that even after I lowered it 1-3/4", it's still way to too tall and heavy for my 5'8" frame. I'll be working with them on a trade for 890R or S.
  8. c-m

c-m Long timer

Oddometer:
    The 1290 SA wheels are a direct bolt on. Then you only need to change the ABS rings for correct speedo input. you've then got yourself a Super Moto.
  9. Ham

Ham Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well I did it, I bought a 890 Adventure. My wife and I ride two up on all types of surfaces. I am trying to move to a much lighter bike so I am tickled pink that KTM has brought a true middle weight to the game.
    However I do not like their seats. I know its talked else where but I need your deep findings on seats. Seat Concepts, Corbin, Renazco (I had one on my F650 Dakar and loved it but he is backed up till September), or what else. Please try to be as exact as possible. I enjoy that I can get my feet flat as is so I don't want to go higher. The Corbin looks like such a ready set go, but then I see complaints on weight. To a degree money is not a problem.

To be clear I am beyond the age of ripping it up in the dirt, hence the plain Adventure. Any help is appreciated.
    Kthursto, devildogg and Marcham like this.
  10. Crashthings

Crashthings Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    just do a search. There is a wealth of seat posts.
    BHoward likes this.
  11. Ham

Ham Long timer

Oddometer:
    ya well I knew I would see that. Notice I did not arrive yesterday. looking for a bit more focus....ktm....two up.....not motocrossing here.
    Kthursto likes this.
  12. brianbrannon

brianbrannon They'll ride up with wear

Oddometer:
    Nobody is changing the stock seat for a motocross seat...
  13. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist Supporter

Oddometer:
    The tall seat is as close as I could come to one.
  14. Crashthings

Crashthings Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    well if you’re looking for a bit more focus, starting a new thread with that question might be best, that way it would help others find that info Just a thought
    Kthursto and xstream like this.
  15. slowkiwi

slowkiwi Adventurer

Oddometer:
    my wife and I use the stock S model spilt seat, and it works good for 2 up riding. I do slightly prefer the high seat when by myself, unless the going is technical.
    Kthursto likes this.
  16. Ham

Ham Long timer

Oddometer:
    yes good point. Thought about that this morning. A dedicated thread might bring all the info together. Mostly what is out there is random process on a build with opinions pinging in from different directions. What I mean about the Motocross thing is expressly what is important to two up riding is both be comfortable and to be able to get your feet on the ground as the balance is more precarious. I can ride standing on my pegs as good as most, but dirt road, rowdy round gravel, fireroads with sharp rocks and slow going with two up require the ability to put your feet down, not to mention stopping at an inner city light with full load and wife. You see what I mean. So most of the seat comments do not really take all this into consideration. And at the end of the day you don't want monkey butt, and you don't want monkey butt in 20 minutes like I got with the stock high seat on my BMW Dakar. I guess I was hoping for someone who had tried the Corbin, as there are a fair number of seat concept comments. Sargeant? Day long? I started here as I am getting a KTM.
    kirill_k and Kthursto like this.
  17. Ham

Ham Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well yes they do as many go to a taller seat for that reason. Yes some because of their inseam. The younger the rider generally the more wish for super off road. When you get older and fatter (like me) your needs change.
  18. brianbrannon

brianbrannon They'll ride up with wear

Oddometer:
    They get the taller seat because some people are taller not for motocross
  19. Ham

Ham Long timer

Oddometer:
    True, I kind of inadvertently crossed the two. Tall bike for motocross, tall seat for tall riders.
  20. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist Supporter

Oddometer:
    @tft that Gram acct private?