2021 KTM 890 Adventure / Adventure R / Adventure R Rally

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by 06Z, Oct 6, 2020.

1. McMal

McMal They are now making electric what?!?

Oddometer:
    I think it would be the same. Unless the rules for the OEM exhausts are different given the noise tests they need to do. I'd ask them if the DB Killer/Baffle can be removed. I personally wouldn't buy it if the DB Killer is welded in. It sounds like a scooter with the DB Killer installed. I have had Wings exhausts on my other bikes, so would probably go down that track instead.
    BHoward likes this.
  2. tk1250gsa

tk1250gsa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yea I was thinking to match with arrow decat pipe. It’s not shipped yet might go sc project rally slip on which is db killer bolt on not welded.
    McMal likes this.
  3. tk1250gsa

Oddometer:
    Anyone have CC issue on 890 ?
    Mine already stop working at 155mi. I used only once when I rode back from dealer lol. Nice warm wake up call that I’m not in BMW world anymore.
  4. tft

tft Spends to much time on advrider. Supporter

Oddometer:
    So when i first got my 890 the cruise wouldn't really engage or it engaged and then cycled off.
    I literally just kept toggling the switch until it started to function properly. I would just reach up occasional and try to make it work.
    Took maybe 2 or 3 rides.
  5. tk1250gsa

Oddometer:
    mine is just never engaged. I think camel 1 finger clutch could cause this problem if i mess friction zone on clutch?
    does any one put Camel 1 finger clutch? can this cause problem of CC issue by messing friction zone on clutch inside?
    does make void clutch and trans warranty?
  6. Serpestrilvith

Serpestrilvith n00b

Oddometer:
    I have the camel 1f clutch arm and just got back from an 600m ish ride, no issues with CC. Put 2400m on it and also no CC issue.

Where it started, vs where it is now, finally think I have all the farkles put on. Just need fresh rubber now.

Qq, anyone have any suspension settings that might be a good baseline for a somewhat lighter (165lb ish, no gear) rider? I've been using the stock 'comfort' setting and offroad it's good but still fees stiff, not sure if that's just how this suspension feels or if there's more I could be getting out of it. Going to take it out this weekend and play around with the clickers some more.

Edit: Found the suspension mega thread, I read before asking sometimes :hmmmmm

PXL_20210130_204852131.jpg PXL_20210514_212308671.jpg PXL_20210516_031401910.jpg
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  7. Rich Rider

Rich Rider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good catch. Thank you. That link is incorrect. Here is a pic of the actual package before installation.

upload_2021-5-20_21-4-37.png

These ones above are now fitted to my 2021 890 Adventure have the SKU: AM111030. This is the correct link.
    JimmyMojave likes this.
  8. Nine90

Nine90 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yep, my CC didn’t work on day 1. So after a 2km delivery ride and the u-turn back, I left it with the dealer to fix.

They replaced the rear brake switch (old SS part on a new bike! - and known issue on 790’s where the brake light is always on). Fixed … for the ride home and then next ride no CC.

Back to the dealer for 2 days and they diagnosed a faulty switch which is on order from Austria. We’ll see if that fixes it.

While waiting for the new part CC has worked intermittently. Fine on a ride the other day then turned off and I couldn’t get the yellow light to turn on .. all while riding up the road. Cycled the ignition and the yellow light came on but wouldn’t go green and engage. Weird.

I’ll wait for the new part and see if that fixes it.

FYI my 2011 R1200RT CC works perfectly … can’t be that hard can it? All I need now it the CC to work full time and the back ordered heated grips to turn up and we’ll have the perfect adv bike.
    tk1250gsa likes this.
  9. tk1250gsa

Oddometer:
    Haha yea I came from bmw too so need time to get used to ktm world of this.
  10. Nine90

Nine90 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    To be honest this is KTM #8 for me 2x250, 350, 2x690 & 2x990 and, other than continuous fuelling issues on the 1st 690, KTM ownership has been trouble free and fun full.

Still disappointing when an expensive new bike spends more time at the dealer over the 1st week of ownership than with you. The KTM dealer said too many of the latest models they have sold have had niggling little tech issues .. KTM QC needs to be improved.

That said though, I must say I’m really impressed with this 890 R … it’s an excellent bike. It’ll be even more excellent once the CC is fixed :beer
    levain and tk1250gsa like this.
  11. XArmy

XArmy uhhhhh......

Oddometer:
    I have the 1 finger on my 890. Haven't had any CC issues. But now that I said that on here..... fingers crossed.
  12. tk1250gsa

Oddometer:
    yes. Whenever I'm on bike, makes me smile and forgot all the works I did on bike.
  13. alonad

alonad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did you connect them to the acc switch in the head light?
  14. MrNightTrain

MrNightTrain Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Pulled the trigger to day in Sweden on KTM 890 Adventure R

Parts for free

Techpack

KTM Powerpart Seat

KTM HEATED Grips

KTM 790 ADVRR White Front Fender

And delivery from Gothenburg to Stockholm around 250 miles

In US Dollar 8,33 SEK to day = 17 767$

Sold my 2016 1190 Adventure R , Will i regret this move ?

Dont even tryed the Bike that i bought

Let the Roast Begin !

Best Regards from Sweden
  15. BHoward

BHoward Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have a 2014 1190, since I purchased my 790RR April 2020 I have not rode my 1190.
    No, I don't think you will regret the move from 1190 to 890.
  16. chevmekanik

chevmekanik Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Much better deal than I got!
  17. robin_nerf

robin_nerf Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any 890 owner that has fit a MRA windscreen ? From what I have heard there is no difference from the 790 to the 890 when it comes to the windscreen-area so it should fit ?
    But for me with colour vision deficiency I have a hard time to tell if my stock screen is Black or Smoke Grey (compared to MRA's options)? Cant believe it is Clear at least...
  18. 8lives

8lives Dharma Bum

Oddometer:
    Having ridden both at different places in my life I've found they both left me speechless in a memorable way that I'll never forget, similar to the above examples when the ride is done I'll never regret having the good, the bad, and the mediocre! Geez I guess I got lost in the moment, I've been the leftover carnage after the glasses came off.
  19. asphaltsurfer1

asphaltsurfer1 CatManDew

Oddometer:
    I have the MRA but moved it from original dark smoke 890 r screen to a prototype team screen. The width of the sport MRA is a tight fit on the clamp-on brackets.
  20. old Roman

old Roman weekend adventurer

Oddometer:
    I also have the feel that the rear shock on 890 is too stiff even in comfort setting. When my bike was on the first service (600 mi / 1000 kms) I asked the dealer's tech if anything can be done. The answer was that it is the reallity that the damping is still high even in softest setting. To improve this the damper has to be removed, opened and valve shims changed. I'll wait a while to see if in summer it gets any better.