2021 KTM 890 Adventure / Adventure R / Adventure R Rally

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by 06Z, Oct 6, 2020.

1. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Why switched power for a heated liner? I just use a charger cord (SAE connector W/15 amp fuse) wired to the battery and run out under the front side plastic near the seat. It gets used for connecting a trickle charger, heated vest, or running my mini compressor.
    Foot dragger likes this.
  2. jojojones

jojojones Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I’m figuring out my heated gear too. I would think since you are wearing the liner you will disconnect when you get off the bike so you could go directly to the battery via fused cable that’s what I was planning on doing.

I have 6 amp aux lights and heated grips. They can’t be together so maybe lights on switched power below headlight and grips to switched power under seat??? Not going Apollo’s again or spiffy new KTM heated grips which are menu controlled… I want comfort so heat demon with pillowtops.
  3. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Both switched power accy leads (front and rear) and the cig/power port on the headlight assembly all run on a single 10amp fuse. With the power you're drawing for aux lights I don't think you'll be able to run both lights and heated gear on that circuit.
    jojojones likes this.
  4. ValpoFz

ValpoFz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the answer that would also provide a jack for an unstitched usb connection…. We have some cooler temps coming next week.
    windblown101 likes this.
  5. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    Im glad Meef is finding some resolution,very good thing. KTM took notice and got back to him. Much better than nothing.

I'm thinking more than a few aftermarket parts could be an issue down the road for warranty and maybe even insurance.

Some guys like to take half the front braking system off an 890 or 790 to lose weight for instance. By chance if this same guy crashes into something on road and does damage to others,or totals the bike? If a basic inspection of bike afterwards shows half the front brakes are gone?

Insurance company will say sayonara. Your on your own both halves are yours.
    MeefZah likes this.
  6. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    You maybe have a bad attitude? This may be why every dealer you go to sucks, Whats the one constant here? The customer.

Obviously for an 890 I dont have a diagnostic hook up at home,it will go to a dealer when it has to.
    You don't need to respond to this. Lets just say your right.
  7. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    :jack:rofl:imaposer
  8. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    Manufacturer in no way covers crash damage,none do. They must really like you.
  9. Thumper Dumper

Thumper Dumper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You are correct crash damage isn't covered and as for them liking me I know the lady that books the services doesn't like me after I complained about her lack of customer service but the rest of them are a really good bunch.
    I truly think the fact that they are only sell KTM's makes a big difference as they tend to be better trained have a genuine love for the orange brand making them want to go the extra mile. Unfortunately though not all dealerships in SA are the same and just like every other country we have some bad ones too.
    Foot dragger likes this.
  10. Noneking

Noneking Long timer

Oddometer:
    JustinP, ianmp and Foot dragger like this.
  11. Noneking

Noneking Long timer

Oddometer:
    Riding the old Ox Wagon Route near lows Creek Mpumalanga, South Africa

IMG_9550.jpg

IMG_9561.jpg

IMG_3439.jpg
    MeefZah likes this.
  12. Noneking

Noneking Long timer

Oddometer:
    IMG_3440.jpg

IMG_9572.jpg
    TrailTrauma and MeefZah like this.
  13. Noneking

Noneking Long timer

Oddometer:
    IMG_3444.jpg

IMG_9574.jpg
    Foot dragger, cjracer and MeefZah like this.
  14. Noneking

Noneking Long timer

Oddometer:
  15. Noneking

Noneking Long timer

Oddometer:
  16. Noneking

Noneking Long timer

Oddometer:
  17. brianbrannon

brianbrannon They'll ride up with wear

Oddometer:
    Umm yeah, the bad attitude happens when you get the bike back and it's not fixed and they broke your fuel line and want to charge you for it and now the speedometer doesn't work. Having worked as a mechanic for twenty years I can assure you that we do not break or not fix things correctly based on customer attitude. But do you have any other repair services you haven't used that you'd like to share your opinion on?
  18. Brage

Brage Mechanic

Oddometer:
    @Noneking, I see you dont choose the easy route. Looks a bit gnarly that one. [​IMG]

Kindly regards Brage.
  19. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    You do sound like a bad attitude in motion.
  20. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    KTM love em or hate em,is like no other company. When was the last Big Off road/ADV Rally put on by Yamaha/Honda/Kawasaki/Suzuki?

KTM has been doing these things all around the world for years.
    Crazy things where bikes are destroyed and riders have a great time.
    Elaborately planned with service trucks and pros keeping bikes going,killer local food,the best routes. The latest Rally in AU was the best video effort yet.

KTM is into it,when they say "Ready To Race?" They mean it,they do all kinds of racing and tend to win at it sooner or later.

I never test rode an 890R I just bought one. Meefzah said I could take his for a day but I never made it over there to do it.

After putting 1200 miles on it,I think no one but KTM would build such a thing,its an animal but a smooth well behaved animal.
    Some ride em like a 470 lb trailbike. Easily 490lbs with armor and farkles. Personally Ive never bought a big 2 cylinder ADV bike till now,Ive ridden big singles and prefer 2 strokes on the gnarly. But Damn the 890 is Really Fun,addictingly fun.

I really like the electrical trickery the 890 has.
    tex68w, windblown101, MeefZah and 3 others like this.