2021 KTM 890 Adventure / Adventure R / Adventure R Rally

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by 06Z, Oct 6, 2020.

1. brianbrannon

brianbrannon They'll ride up with wear

Oddometer:
    You feel that way because I'm pointing out how wrong you are
  2. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    See? More shit attitude.
  3. brianbrannon

Oddometer:
    Shouldn't you be telling some Ducati owners that even though you've not used their dealer service that your opinion is more valid than theirs?
  4. jojojones

jojojones Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    how about 6 amp lights, 3 amp grip warmers and 1 amp phone on cig port...or too close? Thats 10 on single switched acc and maybe could be managed by turning down the dimmer on the lights when everything else is full??? Then all heated gear direct to battery. Stator output?

in the past when running in the cold I kept an eye on the volt output and as long as it was 13 or 14 was fine.

one new variable is the antigravity battery atz10 and remembering to run the lights for a few minutes before attempting to start in cold.
  5. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I try not to run that close to the bleeding edge on a fused circuit but you could try it. Just make sure you have a spare fuse with you.

Another option depending on how you have/want the Aux lights to work might be to run your aux lights directly off the batt with a relay (shown mounted on top of batt below) and use the ACC2 power as a trigger for the relay. That's sort of how I run mine though I use the hibeam wire as the trigger since I don't run them all the time. That might pull enough off the ACC2 circuit to allow running your heated grips, gear, and Cig/port off the acc2 line, depending on how much the heated gear draws.

One of the nice things about the ATZ10 is it has dual battery posts so it's easy to wire some extra circuits to the battery without getting a tower of connectors on a single post. Here's a shot of mine - Aux lights & my SAE connector (for trickle charger, air pump & my heated gear) all directly on the battery. Heated grips are on ACC2. GPS on ACC1 because I like to have it on while the bike is off until I turn it off or remove it.

20210921_112537.jpg
  6. tft

tft Spends to much time on advrider. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sometimes, late at night. When I think about my 890 in the garage….I know, I ride the most badass adventure motorcycle ever made.
  7. c-m

c-m Long timer

Oddometer:
    Insurance company where? In the UK and the EU the insurance company cannot shirk their responsibility to 3rd parties. In fact in some places even if your insurance has expired and say your bike is stolen and crashed, the former insurance company could still be liable.

They may try to claim the money back from you in the courts later, but that is another argument.
    live2ridetahoe likes this.
  8. tex68w

tex68w Mister Bevilaqua

Oddometer:
    He's likely talking about insurance here in the states, they can argue against a claim should there be alterations made to the vehicle from factory condition.
  9. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    Ins companies have guys here that will inspect a vehicle after a crash. If you took half the brakes off a car, same thing. Its like the vehicle owner shirking his responsibility to try to stay alive.
    UK must be very different ins rules. No shop here that wanted to stay in business would do brake removal on a customer's bike.
  10. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    I know. I had a guy come out of a restaurant and do 2 very slow laps around the 890R.
    Taking in every nuance of it's weapon like demeanor. The first thing the guy said incredulously "This things fucking badass isnt it?"
    He knew. All I could say was Yup,it is. He'd never seen one before.

Yesterday I was going thru a smaller town,3 little boys at side of road were all jumping up and down and waving when I stopped at stop sign.
    Like an orange/black/white parade coming thru town. They knew it was cool.

An older lady at the sandwich place I stopped at yesterday checked it out thru the window,and said "you probably dont want to hear this,but I think that bike is really sweet". One way or another people notice the bike.
    MeefZah, JustinP and tft like this.
  11. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    You need to be ignored.
  12. brianbrannon

Oddometer:
    Don't worry baby bird, I'll keeping feeding you
  13. ValpoFz

ValpoFz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I installed the KTM/Akrapovic slip on and the fit was a little off. There was some interference with my touretech mounts.
  14. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mixing and matching accessories is trial and error. No accy manufacturer tests their stuff to make sure it's compatible with every other combination of options. Sounds like Touratech didn't make the mount you speak of with the optional Akro muffler in mind.
    JustinP likes this.
  15. GF-kam

GF-kam Long timer

Oddometer:
    ARROW Cat Delete + Wings Titanium muffler combo.

Trying to find out if the ARROW Cat Deleter and Wings Muffler requires any remapping? I know Wings mufflers do not require remapping with stock bike. Let me know if anyone has posted a definite thread. Thanks.
    live2ridetahoe likes this.
  16. GF-kam

GF-kam Long timer

Oddometer:
    Going price for 890 Adventure ( S ) towards end of 2021 year.

I am considering buying a 2021 890 Adventure ( S ) from dealer as my big bike; my dirt bike is a 690 Enduro R. I know. Go ahead and scream at me....but I am short and need more off an Adventure Touring second bike / fire roads.

I've heard KTM corporate typically pushes dealers to clear current model years ( 2021 ) ahead of 2022 models and clear the books. Is this tire? How does it work? I've heard dealers put a few miles on them and get around deep discount by marking them as used. How deep do dealers cut price? What's going price for S? I see more dealers with S laying around than R.
  17. tex68w

tex68w Mister Bevilaqua

Oddometer:
    There are more S models lying around because they are less desirable overall. I got $1K off of my R model a few months back so I would think that there'd be a little more there later in the year and in hopes of liquidating an outgoing year model, especially on a S model.
    GF-kam likes this.
  18. coarsegoldkid

coarsegoldkid Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Resistance is futile. I just bought my third KTM. I now have a 350excf, 690, 890 Adv R to go along with my BMW R1200RT.. I did this knowing fully that this new 890 Adv R is not going to be incident free. All the other bikes were perfect.
    Goodies will make their way on to the bike. Not sure which will be first. I can always grease the air filter gasket area I do that on my 690 and 350 so may hold off on the Rott air system. If I feel the heat the cat will have to go. Is there a decat that maintains a sense of civility for the neighbors? My guess is they're all straight through pipes. Apparently the sales department is unaware of heated grips availability. So someday I'll get those. As summer gets closer luggage will appear.
    Was there ever a definitive solution to the immobilizer error and what to do about it in the wild. That one scares me.
    Oh, I forgot to mention that my buddy is picking his 890ADV R up at the same time. I'll need different graphics.
    Pacote and GF-kam like this.
  19. ValpoFz

ValpoFz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does anybody have the Wings exhaust? How loud is it? Quality? Does it require remapping when paired with a cat delete?

thanks
    Ed
  20. live2ridetahoe

live2ridetahoe BSN, RN, CEN, TCRN, MICN Supporter

Oddometer:
    Tree f
    What about Wings with Arrow delete and Rottweiler air box?