2021 KTM 890 Adventure / Adventure R / Adventure R Rally

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by 06Z, Oct 6, 2020.

1. dirtdoggie

dirtdoggie Confused Conflicted User

Oddometer:
    2021 890 R Rally...I got the Akra mounted to the bike and the stock one in a box from the dealer.
  2. ebrew

ebrew Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer:
    Hmmmmmmm
    Ok
  3. Trollspeed

Trollspeed Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You don't have to take the Akrapovic apart - it is one hole to drill and the baffle slides right out to give it premium sound and better throttle response. Wings is shorter and likely louder with baffle removed along with a lot of carbon fiber for street presence; not ideal for dirt. If a spark arrestor is a must for your geo then it is a great option.
  4. Oh No!

Oh No! Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My 890 Rally did not come with the KTM exhaust either. I didn't know I should ask for it when the bike was delivered.
  5. SR1

SR1 Going to America!!!!

Oddometer:
    For clarification, do new 890's come with both a stock AND an Akra? My buddy just bought a 2021, only one pipe, doesn't say Akra.
  6. bindaa

bindaa Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This only works with the 2020 model though, no? I remember reading somewhere that the 2021 Akrapovic baffle is welded now. And my dealer also confirmed that the part number isn't the same between the 2 years.

Can anyone confirm?
    ebrew likes this.
  7. rsmith56

rsmith56 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Only R Rally comes with Akra
  8. Crashthings

Crashthings Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    2021 890 Rally. Comes from the factory with the OEM exhaust, dealers put the Akrapovic on at their shop. I took mine just because I needed another big piece that I will probably never have a use for taking up space in my garage. If I was smart, I should’ve just left it at the dealers.
  9. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Someday you will need something to help the body sink to the bottom...Stock exhaust will come in handy
  10. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    FYI: If you cut the belly open and puncture the lungs the body will not resurface!
    MeefZah, Crashthings, alonad and 4 others like this.
  11. David_Moen

David_Moen Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good to know !?!?:patch
    TrailTrauma and Nowwhat like this.
  12. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Part of his military training it's OK hahaha
    TrailTrauma likes this.
  13. groot-stuff

groot-stuff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Beware of the "airheads" in recent days... drilling may be required to deflate the balloon prior to submersion.
    MeefZah and Yellow Pig like this.
  14. 8lives

8lives Dharma Bum

Oddometer:
    Just rolled 1000 miles on my 890S, I hope this isn't a precursor of things to come but today every time I went over 100 mph the left side mirror folds in, either its scared Of going fast or its defective, either way don't tell anyone because I don't want to start a rumor of problems, BTW this bike handles triple digits much better than my 650 Strom did.
    CKloed and groot-stuff like this.
  15. groot-stuff

Oddometer:
    Posting this info on the main thread rather than where the quote came from
    Dust ingestion is a result of this bike being marketed and designed for off-road use, yet still designed with a street-style airbox and filter...

All of these are viable options to reduce or eliminate dust getting past the air filter...
    • General Air Filter FAQ on 790adventure.net

• Drop in replacement for OEM filter, but better than OEM paper filters
      • BMC - not sure if you can oil it or not
      • Guglatech - can be oiled
    • Drop in replacement for OEM filter, but dirt bike style foam oiled filters
    • Bolt-on pre-filtration (use whatever OEM style filter you want)
      • Rottweiler Performance "Power Plate" - removes stock snorkles and adds oiled pre-filter (3 different options for road/hybrid/offroad use/protection)
    • Complete airbox replacement with true dirt bike foam oiled filter (Twin Air filters made specifically for RP's airbox)
    Note: More frequent maintenance is required if an oiled filter is used, but oil is the best way to trap dust particulates (i.e. all dirt bikes use oiled filters). But consider this... more frequent maintenance = better performance from cleaner filters (more air to engine) & lower engine wear and less contaminated oil because those dust particles don't make it past the oiled filter.
    theDoktor and tonyubsdell like this.
  16. groot-stuff

Oddometer:
    Project "de-orange" is finally underway...
    My desire/objective and personal preference is for my bike to have a neutral black and white color-scheme with only splashes, pops and hints of orange. While I'm a huge fan of the bike, I can only take orange in small doses, please forgive me KTM gods.

Add hints of orange to the seat (Seat Concepts Comfort Low with orange stitching)
    Project de-orange Seat.JPG

Add pops of orange to the wheels (KTM farkle valve caps)
    Project de-orange Valve Caps.JPG

Remove orange traffic cone from my crotch (790 R black battery cover, with sticker to cover up the embossed 790 logo)
    Add splash of orange to handlebars (returned my black/gray GL Zigzag handlebar bag to the WR450F and replaced with new black/orange GL Zigzag handlebar)
    Project de-orange Battery Cover.JPG

Remove orange from diving board, I mean... front fender
    Project de-orange Front Fender.JPG
    Project de-orange - B4 and After.JPG

Attached Files:

17. motodad293

motodad293 n00b

Oddometer:
    I picked up my R Rally last week right as we were leaving out of town. So it sat in the garage until today. Quick 100 mile today, only about 15 or so miles of dirt truck trails. Coming off a 1090R all I can say is wow! Excited to get more seat time on the 890 Rally.

I have the Arrow de-cat pipe on order with Rottweiler.
    Dan Lorenze, Matthewm and TrailTrauma like this.
  18. grace

grace Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    i have 790 rally and the db killer was also welded in akra exhaust. i drilled hole to remove baffle and there was no screw. i bought an sc project and sold the akra.
  19. groot-stuff

Oddometer:
    Right! I rode a friends 990 (or 950, not sure) briefly around town and immediately fell in love with adventure bikes...

3 years of saving up later... I have 800+ miles on the 890 R around town, on the highway, twisty mountain roads, dirt roads and some easy, mostly flat double and single track... even popped over a couple small logs and got 2-3 feet of air off little kickers!

Coming from a GSXR600 and WR450F... its like riding the love child of those two machines and I constantly say "this thing is f'in great!" with a shit eating grin. :rayof
    8lives and DCGH like this.
  20. theDoktor

theDoktor Husky Racer

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know for sure whether these bushings and the OEM skidplate are installed when the dealer uncrates the bike? To my eye, having uncrated and assembled more than a few bikes at the dealership, it would make more sense to be that these components be installed at the manufacturers assembly line before it is crated up for shipping.