2021 KTM 890 Adventure / Adventure R / Adventure R Rally

Discussion in 'Parallel World (790/890)' started by 06Z, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's ok for 2000000000 miles....
    frqflyr likes this.
  2. TrailTrauma

TrailTrauma Nemophilist Supporter

Oddometer:
    So 200 metres should be ok then...
    W-Gator, frqflyr and a.c.e. like this.
  3. David_Moen

David_Moen Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    And what are you reflating with in the event of a puncture?
  4. rplo

rplo ?

Oddometer:
    --
    Hopefully you can get out soon. I may fog mine with ACF-50 so I don't stress about the salt so much. We are going to have several days in a row here with temps reaching 40. Like to get in most of the break in miles over the next week if I can. Really impressed with the bike - not just new owner euphoria.

I like the sound of the muffler and in particular the weight (came in at 2.2 kg on my scale w/o the baffle in). It does have a removable baffle and I will probably run it primarily w/o the baffle. alonad pointed me in the direction of Dobermann.

Here is a short video.....

TrailTrauma and brunosac like this.
  5. groot-stuff

groot-stuff Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I carry a couple CO2 cartridges in my Possibles Pouch sized full toolkit for worst case scenarios, otherwise I use the Stop & Go Mini-Air Compressor to air up before long stretches of pavement. That is stowed in front-mounted GL Pannier Pockets (more to come on how I am combining those with GL's new Buckin' Roll Tank Bag for a really "out-of-the-way storage system" for no-luggage day trips).

It certainly isn't a fast pump, but you are only going up 5-10 PSI at most... which allows plenty of time to hydrate, snack, take a leak, check maps, etc.
    I don't always air down either, especially if loaded up for a trip - but it always depends on the off road terrain and distance of it...
    Sometimes I will ride 1-2 hours on pavement to get to double and single track trail systems... then I definitely air down because it is more technical terrain (sand, decomposed granite/gravel, rocks, roots, etc.) and 3-4 hours worth of riding.
    DCGH likes this.
  6. MeefZah

MeefZah Curmudgeonly Supporter

Oddometer:
    Are you near Eureka / Crescent City area????
  7. offworlder

offworlder Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm amazed you got a front tube in there - nice work! I carry both front and rear tubes, but in my tail bag. Side panels are filled with stuff I dont access as often; stock toolkit (have a more considerable kit in tail bag), tow straps, and a collapsible stand for tire changes.
  8. groot-stuff

Oddometer:
    lol to be fair it is just a standard duty tube... but it was a mild struggle to get itin there...
    planned positioning, some folding, a crinkle here, velcro strap there... a little massage, more velcro straps... and bam!

I believe I still need to pick up a washer to throw on the valve stem so it doesn't pull through the larger opening in the tubeless rim system's valve stem lock/clamp magic piece.

FYI as well - I don't remember where but I read that for emergency use it will work in the rear despite the offset valve. Obviously you can't inflate it much, but if it keeps you off the rim it'll be enough to limp somewhere. That's where I also read about the need for a washer on the tube's valve stem.
  9. tft

tft Spends to much time on advrider. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bad picture, but I finally took delivery.
    FYI, KTM of North Texas has another Adv R and 2 Adv’s in stock.
    Absolutely the best dealer experience I’ve ever had. This is my second bike from them and none of that freight and delivery BS in the price either.

Attached Files:

Bomb_Dude likes this.
  10. offworlder

offworlder Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here's another solution (jump to 4:35):
    tonyubsdell and groot-stuff like this.
  11. Bomb_Dude

Bomb_Dude Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Has anyone found the heated grip connection? Hoping it is not in the headlight surround!
  12. groot-stuff

Oddometer:
    It is, best way to access is from the bottom - not by taking the entire face of the headlight off.
  13. windblown101

windblown101 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yep. ACC1 & ACC2 are inside of it. Depending on who put the bike together you may be able to get to the connectors thru the bottom access panel in the headlight assembly. Otherwise it's a matter of sliding the whole assembly forward to get to them or disassembling the housing.
  14. David_Moen

Oddometer:
    What, wait. There's an access panel?
  15. DCGH

DCGH Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    My wires we buried so far I had to move the exhaust to get at them ( ok slight exaggeration) but there was no way I could have got to them without removing the headlight (twice) (don't ask why :lol3)
    Dan D. likes this.
  16. windblown101

Oddometer:
    :lol3

Mine too!
  17. windblown101

Oddometer:
    Indeed. Right at the bottom of the headlight assembly. Easier to access with the front fender removed. A handy access point rendered largely useless from the shear number of wires packed in there but it's there! :)
  18. Bomb_Dude

Bomb_Dude Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I know about the ACC1 and ACC2, but i am wondering if the 890 is different because the heated grips are controlled thru the dash. So you wouldn’t use ACC1 or 2. Plus it has a 2 to 1 Connector.
    windblown101 likes this.
  19. David_Moen

Oddometer:
    Yeah, it's that connector that is back ordered until May, not the grips themselves...
    Bomb_Dude likes this.
  20. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just installed the OEM grips on my 890 Duke. The grips have their own connector behind the headlight, then there is a control module that is mounted on the left side of the battery and is connected to the diagnostic plug. Plug n Play. Just activate heated gips in the menu settings and you are good to go.
    Bomb_Dude and tft like this.