2021 NASA Rallysport NEPA Rally

Discussion in 'Racing' started by jimj911, Mar 21, 2021.

1. jimj911

jimj911 Big Poop Jim (BPJ...it's a good story)

Oddometer:
    I agree with all of the above. I truly believe they did a great job of learning and ironing out the kinks as the day went on. I also studied the stage times like a madman and found my improvement through the day a ray of hope. I took Dennis’s ripping time as a baseline and went from 23% above it at the start to 11% by the finish. My competitive spirit takes solace in that. Also one of the coolest acts of sportsmanship was shown to me when I came by everyone who had already finished the second to last stage and it seemed like all were cheering me on (even though I heard no no no instead of go go go and thought I was going the wrong way!). The group of riders were just cool as fuck and like Dave said, the riding was second to the “Kamraderie”. The more I learn the more I love rally and wish there was one every weekend. Looking forward to BRS and potentially Kentucky
  2. Mr. Ray

Mr. Ray Bastardconquistador Supporter

Oddometer:
    Has Mr. Burch (photographer) reached out to anyone yet?
  3. jimj911

Oddometer:
    No,I have seen some pretty cool pics on the NEPA Rally fb page though
    Mr. Ray likes this.
  4. Mr. Ray

Mr. Ray Bastardconquistador Supporter

Oddometer:
    I wanted to let everyone know that I emailed Anders regarding mousses. It would be awesome if everyone else wrote him a well thought out request for a formal discussion on the topic.

My position is that a motorcycle will have zero chance of an in-stage tube change, unlike a car with two operators available for a tire change. Furthermore, a bike will fail to complete for reasons other than tire failure.
    Mousse isn't expensive when everything else is factored in.
  5. NVTS

NVTS Arrivee Secteur Special

Oddometer:
    Short version:
    I had so much fun that I came home and registered for Bristol Forest Rally.

The last stage, on a known flat front tire was real exciting too.
  6. GoGoGavin41

GoGoGavin41 Waves to Moto Cops (and they wave back)

Oddometer:
    Let's continue this on the Banter thread. I attempted to start a cost comparison between moto and car, but I couldn't find any car mousses for sale. Apparently WRC also outlawed them.
    Mr. Ray likes this.
  7. decafe

decafe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Im ready when you are for a pines ride did about 100miles yesterday it was hot . but you can jump in creek when it gets bad lol
  8. jimj911

Oddometer:
    I just got back from One Lap of America (Cannonball style with Brock Yates Jr, we did it in a tuned WRX STI and blew the engine and proceeded to buy a brand new one off the showroom floor to continue, my codriver is nuts) and have some bike adjustments to make after NEPA Rally (bent pegs and the like) then I will be ready.