2021 new Suzuki Hayabusa Threadfest

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by david61, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Crocodile Tears

Crocodile Tears Powerful Truth Angels Supporter

Oddometer:
    That hayabusa motor is surprisingly torquey and efficient if you can stay out of the throttle - would love to see it in more of a K1300GT guise, sans the over the top touring features.

Big thing for me would be the cruise - even a simple bandit 1200S was far too easy to settle in to a natural freeway cruise at ~100.
    Volfy and Jimo368 like this.
  2. hypersports

hypersports Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think it's great, although would have liked to see a current tft dash. But the fact that like others have said, the Busa probably was way down in sales over the years and they didn't abandon it. Actually improving it. I like this class of a GT bike, looking forward to some reviews. Too bad over the years Honda and Yamaha didn't want to get in on it.
  3. Drop_Center

Drop_Center Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good for Suzuki to stay in the game. If it's on par with the GSXR1000, it'll be awesome.
  4. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 Just send it!

Oddometer:
    Chris is a dealer from SC.

5. wellcraft

wellcraft Long timer

Oddometer:
    I actually own a H2SXSE and traded in my 2017 ZX14R to buy it but I still wonder if Kawasaki will update the ZX14R now that Suzuki has upped it's game with a new Busa. Probably not since a upgraded ZX14 would take away sales from the H2SXSE :-(
  6. fecundity

fecundity Been here awhile

Oddometer:

A new Bking would be nice to see. The Busa is looking really nice, the gen 2 1340cc engine is a monster, it’ll be interesting to see how much more the 2021 reboot will give.
  7. Gone Troppo

Gone Troppo Somewhat bemused observer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bent over bikes are so 1990s......

:D
  8. Volfy

Volfy Fava beans & a nice Chianti

Oddometer:
    The new chiseled styling is a welcome departure from with the melted-in-the-sun look. I like the sport touring potential of it, but insurance premium will likely be as steep as the ZX14R.
  9. fecundity

fecundity Been here awhile

Oddometer:

There is a riser and peg drop kit for that. 7521A6F5-14FB-4FEC-A36C-4B517F72DA19.jpeg
    freewaystreak and Richy like this.
  10. VicRattlehead

VicRattlehead Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I realize in some countries high insurance is unavoidable on bikes like this but here in the US a little shopping around can bring it to a very reasonable rate pretty easily. Good solid liability coverage (not minimum mandated) on my 2000 Busa was less than $100/year; Full coverage was around 160ish, IIRC.
    My first insurance co. though wanted over a 1000/yr for my first sportbike, for LIABILITY ONLY (as a 20-something)! A quick call around had me down to around $150/yr for the exact same bike with the exact same coverage. I told my insurance co. to 'bite the big one' and took all of my business (3 cars a house and a motorcycle) to 'option B' (another reputable company, not a shady 'state minimum' kind of place), who were more than happy to receive a healthy sum from me semi-anually.
    Point being, insurance doesn't always have to be a deal-breaker if your willing (or able) to shop around.
    st2sam and Volfy like this.
  11. VicRattlehead

VicRattlehead Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Risers and pegs really bring the ergos to what I would consider 'neutral', meaning when your running down the road the wind pushes on you just enough to relieve all the pressure on your back/wrists/etc; at least they did on my 00' Busa.

I'd 1000x rather have a bike with a slight forward lean for highway duty than a bolt-upright bike that requires a windshield the size of a small sedan to keep you from feeling like your being blown off the back.
  12. Volfy

Volfy Fava beans & a nice Chianti

Oddometer:
    I hope you're right. I shopped all over for the '14 ZX14R I had a few years ago, and they were all way too high. I though having just gone over 50 Winters would help with insurance rate, but all of them seem to think riding a bike like that - at any age - was akin to marrying the grim reaper's daughter. I don't mind paying a bit more for the phat Ninja, but more than my 3 other bikes combined was just too much.

I haven't gotten quotes for Busa yet but might try that, with the way this updated one is looking so far. Hopefully it's different than ZX14R. If it is, that would be a big incentive to go Suzi. I checked H2 SX insurance premium, and it is just as bad as ZX14R.
  13. wellcraft

wellcraft Long timer

Oddometer:
    I pay about $750 for full coverage for my 2018 H2SXSE with Allstate. When I had a ZX14R Geico and Progressive wanted close to 3 grand but State Farm was less than a grand. There are so many variables when it comes to rates from different insurance companies it pays to spend a few hours shopping around and comparing rates.
    mike likes this.
  14. Bad Dad

Bad Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Will be replacing my 2011 GSXR-1000 as retirement looms, this is on the list.
  15. CrapKerouac

CrapKerouac Long timer

Oddometer:
    There you go, for the wild men (or woman) who would buy such a beast.

16. Jimo368

Jimo368 Quantum Mechanic

Oddometer:
    Wow. Same displacement, less power, less mpgs, more electronics and better brakes. A lot more money. 575C67E3-1FD3-4C9A-85BF-68DF00279D0D.jpeg
  17. WeegieBored

WeegieBored Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks fantastic. The black one achingly so. Like the dinky diffuser under the rear lights.
  18. hellsbuddha

hellsbuddha Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think its a missed opportunity. There are bits I like - the dash, instruments, the rear light etc.

I think they could have played a few more tricks - e suspension, does it have a qs and a more distinctive face. If I was being cruel, it could be a bloated gixxer.

Overall I think from the seating position its a great place to be (reminds me of a Bentley), if not uncomfortable.
  19. kaertner

kaertner Long timer

Oddometer:
    The H2SX didn't have semi-active suspension until it's 3rd year. The ZH2 also didn't come with that until 2nd year. There will be enhancements as the years go by since it's now Euro 5. Looks very nice, love the exhausts and IMO will be ruined with aftermarket end cans.
    hellsbuddha likes this.
  20. Vertical C

Vertical C Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wtf it should have 250 hp this is bullshit
    UFO, D.Kinsey, mike and 5 others like this.