2021 new Suzuki Hayabusa Threadfest

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by david61, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Essbee

Essbee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Those exhaust "cans" look grotesque! :puke2
  2. CrapKerouac

CrapKerouac Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just 187.7bhp! We're all disappointed!!
    HuntWhenever and Vertical C like this.
  3. FrozenFingers

FrozenFingers Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Engine internals are all strenghtened and redesigned to take a lot more power. So basicly a tune and new cans and she will be good to go well over 200 bhp. I would still love that they went with a 6 cylinder turbocharged version.
  4. Amphib

Amphib A mind is like a parachute....

Oddometer:
    I never was a fan of the busa styling. I didn't like the "organic" curves and bulbous nature of the lines. This new one is a huge improvement. I dig it. Despite being somewhat down on power, it looks like it's gained in a more usable range.

I wish I could have ridden one of the these before my back and neck turned into a rusty chain.
    scottdc and alekkas like this.
  5. Volfy

Volfy Fava beans & a nice Chianti

Oddometer:
    I, for one, am glad they did not obsess over HP numbers. Those that do wouldn't be happy with whatever came stock anyway, judging by how many go nuts with the old ones. That's what the aftermarket is for. I like that they focused on smoothing out the mid-range torque even more, which should make this bike even more buttery smooth on the road at sane speeds.

I don't much care for is the dual exhaust. The cans look okay, but having one on the left side blocks chain maintenance and adds weight. Euro5 emissions no doubt had a hand in that.

Strange that MPG went down substantially compared to the old one. 42 vs. 50 miles per imperial gallon previous gen. Hmm... :hmmmmm
    FrozenFingers and Jimo368 like this.
  6. baekdongmul

baekdongmul Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    As warmovers go, this one should have happened three years ago. I mean, it's fine: it looks nice and it has a good electronics package and there's no fiddly maintenance surprises like with the Kawasaki supercharged motors. But this many years after gen 2 it feels a bit lame
  7. Against the Wind

Against the Wind I'm older now but still runnin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    22 minute infomercial

8. staedtler

staedtler Adventure Raider

Oddometer:
    Looks like the bro who came up with the idea of a chrome accent rocks a fro! :super

9. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 Just send it!

Oddometer:
    Same cc's? I guess you can't expect too much from the Japs.

Bold new styling! Bold new price!

Not going to be a negative nancy. It looks the best of all though.
  10. kaertner

kaertner Long timer

Oddometer:
    The usual comments are about to start how the old model is better than the new model without seeing one in the metal let alone riding one. I had a ZZR 1400 and this looks fantastic, modern and made with better materials and design, with up to date electronics.
  11. staedtler

Oddometer:
    dtysdalx2 likes this.
  12. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 Just send it!

Oddometer:
    Just going to post up that link!

Bold new price: $18,599.00 USD.
  13. pjensen641

pjensen641 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    It looks great. Lots of neat little features. Not over the top with bluetooth, car play, blah blah. Excellent dash with two dials and also a TFT. It seems like a flagship bike for people that just want a bike and not all the distractions you get with a car.

Too bad I have 0 use for a hyper-tourer.
    dtysdalx2 likes this.
  14. staedtler

Oddometer:
    Ok, missing from the list....
    Electronic susp
    Heated grips
    Heated seat
    Bluetooth conn
    Accessory sockets
    Key fob

(most of the touring oriented stuff)

I wonder what the accessories page will offer
  15. Bluesmudge

Bluesmudge Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The visordown video already mentioned that heated grips are an option, at least in Europe.
    Suzuki gets a lot of positive press for continuing to use mechanical keys. Not everyone likes key fobs. I don't care one way or the other since the experience is very similar.
    Electronic suspension would be nice but would drive the price up more.

The other stuff seem like features of touring bikes, not hyperbikes/sportbikes. The haybusa has been used as a touring bike but that's never been Suzuki's goal for the bike. I'm sure aftermarket will pick up the slack there. You always buy a Suzuki for the engine and frame then tune/mod/farkle to your needs from there. They produce amazing engines and frames wrapped in bargain parts to meet a price point.

I'm really disappointed to see such a drop in fuel economy. I understand Euro 5 is more about particle emissions for health and pollution reasons but a decrease in fuel economy means an increase in carbon output, less touring range, and higher operating costs. It will be interesting to see if aftermarket cans and tuning can bring back the MPG. Personally I love the look of the swordlike dual exhausts. Very 1980s muscle bike meets 90s sportbike.
  16. scottcolbath

scottcolbath Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's a lot of money. Not sure I could justify that, when I have a Gen 2 in mint condition which only cost me $6,700. Spend three times the money, get a tiny fraction more performance.

I do like the bike though. Maybe some day, on the used market.

S.C.
    Richy, busa1300 and dtysdalx2 like this.
  17. pjensen641

pjensen641 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Personally,

Bluetooth connectivity never works correctly in the long term anyway, and often doesn't work great right away. I find it universally annoying to use, even in a car. Then just wait until your device is more than 2 years old!
    Key Fobs too.

The rest of the stuff would be nice, but forgivable at the right price point.

A well tuned traditional suspension is nicer than a poorly tuned electronic suspension. YMMV
    Superbikemike and Jimo368 like this.
  18. Bluesmudge

Bluesmudge Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    And a brand new 2020 can be had for around $13,000. The new bike looks amazing but does it look $6,000 better than Gen 2?
    It does look better but I doubt it performs much different. Does the Gen 2 have traction control or just ABS after 2013?
  19. Road Barnacle

Road Barnacle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't know who is in charge of their marketing but it pairs poorly with the little "evolution" set of screen captures that essentially prove to you you're buying the same thing you could have purchased for the last twenty years.

These guys are going to run into the same problem HD has, which is that the used market is a quarter of the cost for more or less exactly the same thing.
    Superbikemike, busa1300 and dtysdalx2 like this.
  20. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 Just send it!

Oddometer: