2021 new Suzuki Hayabusa Threadfest

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by david61, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Dave.0

Dave.0 on the spectrum

Oddometer:
    I think if I was in the market for a bike like this I'd go for a Kawasaki H2sxse with the hard bags but I do think that this looks great, I even think the exhaust isn't too hideous
    Gone Troppo likes this.
  2. shinyribs

shinyribs Thumpers for life

Oddometer:
    Every other manufacturer is moving away from faired super sports.

Upright, light, nimble nakeds with fun street power are in.

Suzi unearths the Katana and the Busa.

:scratch
  3. Volfy

Volfy Fava beans & a nice Chianti

Oddometer:
    264 kg (580 lbs) might be a tad chubby, but H2 SX is 577 lbs wet, and ZX14R 583 lbs.

$18.6k is a bit steep, but H2 SX SE+ stickers at $25.5k. Both of them make the current ZX14R look like a bargain. I'd rather have the electronics package though.
    mike likes this.
  4. wellcraft

wellcraft Long timer

Oddometer:
    Have HP/Torque specs been released yet? I just read all the jargon on the Suzuki webpage but didn't see it. I like everything about the new Busa except the price, $18,599 seems a couple grand to much for what you get.
  5. Volfy

Volfy Fava beans & a nice Chianti

Oddometer:
  6. scottcolbath

scottcolbath Long timer

Oddometer:
    2012, if I'm not mistaken, was the first year for ABS. I don't have it on my 2011. The bike also has the three riding modes. That's it. But christ, compared to my 99, it's a beautiful, torquey mo-effer. The 99 was more top end biased. And my 2001, which was the first Busa I owned, was a lot more like the 2011 in how it delivered power.

S.C.
  7. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Florida, but soon fulltime in Robbinsville, NC
    :nah

Neither the Katana or Hayabusa is a Supersport bike.
    hypersports likes this.
  8. shinyribs

shinyribs Thumpers for life

Oddometer:
    Correct. Suzuki markets them as Sportbike and Ultimate Sportbike. Not super sports.
  9. ddddd

ddddd Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I really want to see what happens when you get rid of the 2 end cans (complete with the catalytic converters) and replaced with a pair slip ons, note that the centre cat is now a huge one, which I would imagine would flow pretty well
    My prediction is that after market mufflers will be the number one improvement of this bike and I have a feeling will free up the horse power
    Superbikemike and 1greenmachine like this.
  10. Need For Speed

Need For Speed Is that a cop?????

Oddometer:
    It has CC too, a must have on a Sport-tourer :deal

I'm liking what they've done with it.
    scottdc likes this.
  11. Skidmarkart

Skidmarkart Dirty Middle Age Man Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hell. And. No. $18k???

Methinks Suzuki just wants to be put out its misery (and I say that as an owner of many Suzukis).

I just want one more DR650 and I am done.
  12. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 Just send it!

Oddometer:

Moore musings...
  13. staedtler

staedtler Adventure Raider

Oddometer:
    cool... :lurk
  14. Drop_Center

Drop_Center Long timer

Oddometer:
    Suzuki has make some pretty chickenshit moves lately but not increasing the displacement of their flagship hyperbike when the ZX-14 has been 1441 for the past 9 years is pure bullshit.

At least it’s not ugly, so I will give them that.
    Gone Troppo likes this.
  15. Vrode

Vrode Still half-fast... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice evolution of the model, but I still think the ZX-14 is a better looking bike.
    Volfy and Gone Troppo like this.
  16. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 Just send it!

Oddometer:
    Yeah, they tuned this version for low to mid range power. :hmmmmm

CM says June the bikes will be out. Plus some extras & deals on a first $500 deposit group. If you pay retail for it.
  17. WeegieBored

WeegieBored Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They could have given it a headline stealing bhp figure. But lwhen are all those nannying electronics actually giving you those promised bhp’s? “No subistute for cubes”
    Could not believe the vid where a ye olde zzr1400 destroyed Kwaks own supercharged ZXSxH2 with that bikes headline stealing bhp
  18. fastring

fastring Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Gen2 have ABS but didnt have traction control.
  19. Drop_Center

Drop_Center Long timer

Oddometer:
    44 teeth said it’s 7 less HP than the Gen 2.

Apparently they toyed with a supercharger and more displacement but decided the original motor was a better fit.

Because what Hayabusa owners really wanted was less power. I really don’t see why they bothered, this is embarrassing.
    Gone Troppo likes this.
  20. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:

The Katana is actually a pretty cool bike in the flesh, and I have seen a couple "more mature" gentelmen that likely where tearing the hell out of the same road on the original bringing the mail with them. At its base the Busa is really a sport tourer, the actual successor to the Katana 1100 (if you remember those) hence the shared nomenclature (GSX)

If you look the current Katana is actually pretty upright and no more "faired" than my Super Duke R. The "long stroke" GSX-R derived motor was a good choice as well, that motor was a peach.

I'm actually digging this one....just wish they would have put it on a proper diet. I rented a 1st gen for a week (back when I was all super sport all the time) and found them kinda ponderous compared my GSXRs...but it handled at least as well as my Speed Triple did stock, just had to carry more lean due to the wheelbase.....and aint no Speed Triple EVER held a candle to a busa motor. Ever.

Update the styling, bring the electronics to current....match the latest emissions restrictions.

We'll see what happens once the aftermarket gets a hold of them. People have been punching out Busa engines for decades, 0.30 over gives you 1440cc, new exhaust, play with the stacks, port, maybe mill the head a bit...the drag set have been grinding cams forever...

Its fine.