2021 new Suzuki Hayabusa Threadfest

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by david61, Jan 28, 2021.

1. BMW-K

BMW-K F800GS FTW!

Oddometer:
    In a world where bikes are still limited to 300kph...

The real question is which Heavy Bus makes it to 300 faster. Or, 0-100mph faster. Or 0-100-0 faster.

It’s not just about HP...it’s how it puts it down.
    MCGMB, dtysdalx2 and LuciferMutt like this.
  2. fastring

fastring Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The hp decrease is likely due to bolt on (and off) emission equipt. All others increased displacement to offset this to get past new emissions. Not a big deal. New pipes and you are back to before but with cruise control and more!
  3. Monkeyshines

Monkeyshines Long timer

Oddometer:
  4. BMW-K

BMW-K F800GS FTW!

Oddometer:
    Wow. He’s really annoying.
  5. LuciferMutt

LuciferMutt Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer:
    Probably true, but a full exhaust upgrade on this bike is likely to cost well over $1k.
  6. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:
    Exhaust done right is more like $2K....maybe 3

......even then the money would be better spent in wheel and suspension, but I digress.
    Richy and LuciferMutt like this.
  7. kaertner

kaertner Long timer

Oddometer:
    As the video stated, no one is going to notice the tiny changes in power output. In fact it's probably going to feel quicker that the older versions as the midrange has been beefed up which is the most important aspect for the road.
  8. shinyribs

shinyribs Thumpers for life

Oddometer:
    I think the Katana is awesome. I bought a new bike not too long ago and have no business buying another right now. I find myself sitting on Katanas every time I'm in the bike shop. I need to quit.
  9. DLFLHT

DLFLHT I'm a little fuzzy

Oddometer:
    That was my first reaction. However, when I really look at the side shots the ends of the exhaust are styled to be the reverse of the fairing vent. I have to say I like the overall look - it hangs together.
  10. busa1300

busa1300 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Maybe...but I doubt there are many past or present Hayabusa owners seeing that as a reason to spend $18,599.
    The Hayabusa is about big HP, and for almost $19,000 it should have it, without having to spend thousands more to break 200 at the rear wheel.
    mike likes this.
  11. staedtler

staedtler Adventure Raider

Oddometer:
    Wait a second!.....why are the new parts made out of plastic?? :scratch :yikes

upload_2021-2-6_10-31-23.jpeg
    AZbiker, dtysdalx2 and busa1300 like this.
  12. kaertner

kaertner Long timer

Oddometer:
    The difference in hp is just for bar talk, the driveability is improved on the new model. It's a road bike, not a race bike.
    twinrider and FrozenFingers like this.
  13. Need For Speed

Need For Speed Is that a cop?????

Oddometer:
    I would imagine that the tuners out there will be able to unlock some hidden power in the ECU, the question is how much?
    FrozenFingers likes this.
  14. busa1300

Oddometer:
    The numbers at the end of the quarter mile are not for bar talk, it is to see who wins.
    A Hayabusa is a race bike if you take it to a track to race.
    Backlund and AZbiker like this.
  15. kaertner

kaertner Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nearly all of these bikes will remain on the road and that's the market for Suzuki. Even those that are taken to the track, won't be modified, it will only be a tiny fraction that will and that doesn't make money for Suzuki.

Some people take Adventure bikes to tracks but it doesn't make them 'race' bikes.
    twinrider and scottdc like this.
  16. Anzac

Anzac Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Glad to see Suzuki bring the Busa back ✌️ Smart move and they will sell a bunch.
    twinrider, AZbiker and scottdc like this.
  17. busa1300

Oddometer:
    That is true.
    ...which is why I said...
    I doubt there are many past or present Hayabusa owners seeing that as a reason to spend $18,599. (....as in owners of gen 1 or 2 Hayabusa's in general)
    The Hayabusa is about big HP, and for almost $19,000 it should have it, without having to spend thousands more to break 200 at the rear wheel.

There may be many out there who have never had a Hayabusa, and now feel with the rider aids it could be a bike for them.

As a survivor of riding Hayabusa's for almost 20 years on the street....that is my opinion
    AZbiker likes this.
  18. kaertner

kaertner Long timer

Oddometer:
    Most of the gen 1 & 2 Busas worldwide never left the road, only a tiny fraction hit the track, again they were road bikes and were used as such by the vast majority of owners.
  19. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 Just send it!

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    AZbiker likes this.
  20. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 Just send it!

Oddometer:
    ^ from the book of face.

Introducing the 2022 Suzuki Hayabusa.
    The quickest, most aerodynamic, and technologically advanced Hayabusa yet. Fully re-engineered, the Hayabusa’s legendary 1340cc, four-cylinder, DOHC engine is fed by new Ride-by-Wire electronic throttle bodies with dual fuel injectors feeding each cylinder, mixing with pressurized air from the Suzuki Ram Air Direct (SRAD) intakes in the nose of the aerodynamic fairing.
    Key Engine Features:
    The powerful, 1,340cc, inline-four-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC engine has been fully revised to supply a seamless surge of torque for effortless acceleration.
    Using techniques developed for the GSX-R1000, the redesigned crankcases have new lubrication passages for 54% more oil flow to the crankshaft for increased durability.
    The connecting rods have a new design that reduces weight (by 3 grams each rod) while increasing rigidity.
    The design of the Twin Swirl Combustion Chamber (TSCC) in the cylinder head is changed to promote faster and more efficient burning of the fuel-air mixture. The change complements other valve train updates, increasing flow coefficient by 5% to improve combustion efficiency.
    The exhaust camshaft’s lift has been increased and timing for both camshafts has been updated to reduce valve opening overlap, boosting low- to mid-range engine performance. Camshaft’s lobe width is increased, improving valve train lubrication and durability.
    The new four-into-two-into-one-into-two exhaust system configuration uses a new pipe connecting the #1 and #4 head pipes to help deliver more power and torque at low- to mid-range speeds.
    The 2022 Hayabusa has 550 new or redesigned parts, all with a focus on delivering the ultimate sportbike experience.
    Learn more about the all-new 2022 Suzuki Hayabusa at www.SuzukiCycles.com/Hayabusa.