2021 new Suzuki Hayabusa Threadfest

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by david61, Jan 28, 2021.

1. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 Just send it!

Oddometer:
  2. LuciferMutt

LuciferMutt Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer:
    The more I look at it, the more I like it. If I were in the market for this type of bike, I'd definitely look at this before a Ninja 1400. Can you even still buy a Ninja 1400?

I know 'Busa styling has always been controversial, but I think this one looks amazing. I even like the stock exhaust cans.
    Richy, scottdc and hypersports like this.
  3. Drop_Center

Drop_Center Long timer

Oddometer:
    Even more reason to buy a much cheaper 14r
  4. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Florida, but soon fulltime in Robbinsville, NC
    I work sales at a multi-line dealer on most Saturdays. A 6 time Hayabusa owner left a deposit for the 2022 version first thing this morning. Pre-sale deposits get the seat cowl, a leather jacket, and 2 years scheduled maintenance included at the MSRP price.
    This one will make his 7th one, and he said he's not worried about losing a couple horsepower at the top end. :D
  5. Gone Troppo

Gone Troppo Somewhat bemused observer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The bars are 12mm (half inch) closer! Wow.

via-9gag-com-9545535.png
    dtysdalx2 likes this.
  6. scottdc

scottdc Not active here anymore. Too much dumbassery.

Oddometer:
    Agreed, the only thing keeping me from pestering the local dealer is I'm guessing the insurance is going to be killer compared to my GS. That silver and red though...
  7. staedtler

staedtler Adventure Raider

Oddometer:
    I think this will make a good ST... I’m in the market, right now i just have a track bike and I’m looking to get back to touring

long ago i had a K1200R Sport, for sport touring, it had more shortcomings than not and got rid of it,...(it had an awful buzz at around 4-5k rpm’s which made it unbearable) the thing is, i got spoiled with the power, ever since, anything else just doesn’t do it for me.
    I tried different stuff, but either the lack of touring amenities (like Cruise) or lack of power would turn me off...

This is close to what I’m looking for, not quite but pretty close
  8. MCGMB

MCGMB Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I like it - many useful additions and they tightened up the styling making it more modern. The integration of the exhaust even looks good. Considering Suzuki hasn’t done a whole lot lately, I’m pleasantly surprised.

The sword silver / candy red looks the best IMO:
    D2164F5C-DB1F-480B-9AEB-B6E6AB8EB86D.png

Attached Files:

9. Gone Troppo

Gone Troppo Somewhat bemused observer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Couple of Yoshi cans...
    joshinthecity1 likes this.
  10. hypersports

hypersports Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I love it, have always liked Busas and this one to me looks like a great evolution. Like he said on the MCN review, it's akin to the 911. Subtle changes but you know what it is when you see it. The dash has grown on me too, really nice. I don't get the high insurance comments. Most guys in this thread are probably over 40. I'm almost 54 and pay $270 year for a 2020 SDGT full coverage with State Farm. My guess is they would charge me close to the same if I told them I just bought a new Hayabusa. Seems like this thing has just enough tech which is great but I have to admit, I've gotten used to some great features on the KTM and use them all of the time. On a chilly day the heated seat becomes second nature and is really nice. I think it would sound a little bit better at 17k instead of almost 19 considering some of the stuff that it doesn't have. Still though, the outright stability and speed of a Busa or a ZX14 I can see being intoxicating. I've always loved Suzuki's, this is really cool cause it shows you that they still have the passion. With the success in MotoGP and now this, looking forward to seeing what's next. Hell, I still have a wanting for the latest gen GSX-R 1000 too.
    1greenmachine likes this.
  11. staedtler

staedtler Adventure Raider

Oddometer:
    Here we can already see Akras...

Richy and dtysdalx2 like this.
  12. davidji

davidji bike curious

Oddometer:
    I was surprised it didn't have cornering lights. Especially with the marker lights to each side of the headlight where I'd expect the cornering lights to be.
  13. Tripped1

Tripped1 Smoove, Smoove like velvet.

Oddometer:

Yeah valid. There is no real excuse for that omission on a "touring" bike with an IMU these days.
  14. vsteel

vsteel Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wake me up when they bring back the B-king with the new motor.
    AZbiker, Anzac, mike and 1 other person like this.
  15. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 Just send it!

Oddometer:

- The Hayabusa Web Edition , a limited edition with a limited edition of 10 pieces, is making its debut in Italy , bookable only online on the Suzuki web store. Offered at 21,490 euros, this special series boasts an extra equipment that also includes the Akrapovic titanium exhaust.
  16. wellcraft

wellcraft Long timer

Oddometer:
    In the US you can still buy the ZX14R, saw one at my local Kawasaki dealership a couple months ago. Great bike but lacks all the upgraded electronics of newer bikes but if you want raw power mixed with simplicity the Zx14R is a great choice and I do sometimes regret selling mine.
  17. wellcraft

wellcraft Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cornering lights are all but useless unless you ride at night and even then I didn't find them that effective. I have cornering lights on my H2SXSE and adaptive headlight on my now totaled K16GTL and found I could easily live without both.
    Volfy and AZbiker like this.
  18. Dave.0

Dave.0 on the spectrum

Oddometer:
    I think this bike looks great and would be fun to have. Realistically, I will probably never have one but in my dream 20 bike garage on would be nice. Make mine the black with gold.
  19. LuciferMutt

LuciferMutt Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer:
    Jebus, I forgot it was called the ZX14. I was having a major brain fart and was thinking specifically "Ninja 1400" because there's a Ninja 1000.

I've honestly always preferred the styling of the 'Busa over the big Kawi. All of this is moot anyway because I'm in no position to buy a $15-18k motorcycle right now. Used 'Busas appear occasionally on craigslist and I almost went to look at one. They are usually molested in a variety of ways though.
  20. Florida Lime

Florida Lime Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Florida, but soon fulltime in Robbinsville, NC
    I had cornering lights on my 2016 Ducati 1200s Multistrada, and I found them very useful in several slow speed street corners. These corners often had sand washed into them that was difficult to see at night (I almost always come home in the dark from work) without the cornering lights.
    My 1200RT now has "fog" lights aimed slightly outboard to help in that situation, but the Ducati was still better in that regard.
    Richy likes this.