2021 Swinging Bridges (MO)

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by doniton2, Mar 3, 2021.

1. doniton2

doniton2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I believe they closed down. I will check to make sure.
  2. jebrown6261

jebrown6261 n00b

Oddometer:
    My KTM390 ADV. Only one good gravel/dirt ride on it so far though so I'm still in the off pavement newbie camp.

Attached Files:

justdirtyfun and doniton2 like this.
  3. jebrown6261

jebrown6261 n00b

Oddometer:
    I
    As of last summer they were closed after they last flooded. I would definitely be up for dinner there if they are open.
  4. jebrown6261

jebrown6261 n00b

Oddometer:
    Still learning how to navigate this website -- is there a GPX file for the route available?
    Also - I live near the start - what time would the group expect to be rolling out saturday morning so I know by when to get there in the morning.
  5. doniton2

Oddometer:
    The GPX file of the tracks is in the first post. Breakfast starts at 6 at the hotel in St. Clair. I would imagine most will be ready to leave between 7-8am. If you need it in route form I might still have a file I did the first year I did the ride. I will have to do some digging to see if I can find it. Let me know if that’s what you need.
    jebrown6261 likes this.
  6. jebrown6261

jebrown6261 n00b

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info! I found the link and one app I have downloaded it fine (just not use to this particular app yet), but the other I use frequently just downloads all the seperate tracks individually. I just like to have idea in case something happens but hope to stay with the group so I should be fine with what I have. I'll plan on being at the hotel by 7am saturday morning.
  7. 314ADV

314ADV Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Anyone interested in riding down Sat AM from the STL, MO area - me and currently one other rider will be meeting at the BP at Big Bend & Elm in Webster Groves 38.583381, -90.358121 at 5:30 am for a 5:40 am departure. We plan on doing about 65mph to the St. Clair Hotel meetup - (41 miles). This should give us time to grab a breakfast sandwich and top off with fuel before connecting up and heading out with the early groups (7am riders).
  8. Juicefer

Juicefer Dual Sport Adventure at every turn.

Oddometer:
    AC151B31-2230-4F4D-A2E8-BF8CE8FA318E.jpeg Aspen n I will be there! See you guys I a few days. Hopefully a couple of you guys are still hanging out in st Clair when we arrive. If not we we’ll see y’all on the trail. Last ones out, first ones in. ✊
    Keith1212, Earlwho and 314ADV like this.
  9. HerbTarlek

HerbTarlek meh.

Oddometer:
    I’ll be there at the BP. Another (bicycle) bike ride is taking place that day, and I was going to do that instead, but I finally decided that my motorcycle needs the attention.
    justdirtyfun, 314ADV and doniton2 like this.
  10. jebrown6261

jebrown6261 n00b

Oddometer:
    The struggle of juggling cycling and moto biking is real..lol.
    314ADV, doniton2 and HerbTarlek like this.
  11. doniton2

Oddometer:
    I just got into Mountian biking last April and my motorcycles got neglected bad over the past year. I’m going to it much more balanced this year. I will be living just south of Devils we’ll for the next 8-10 months for work so the 690 is going with me. Hope to have some big boy tracks to add to next years ride.
    justdirtyfun, 314ADV and sieg like this.
  12. doniton2

Oddometer:
    If you want to share it I’ll add it to the main file.
    314ADV and ROYAL COACHMAN like this.
  13. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day. Supporter

Oddometer:
    I may have some BB stuff in that area, I'll look and send them to you when we get back from Utah......and as always, they may are may not be legit, so beware.
  14. Earlwho

Earlwho n00b

Oddometer:
    I see heavy rain in the forecast for tomorrow, but the Weekend looks good at the moment. Do the rivers and the creeks rise fast and fall fast? We have about a 4 hour drive to get to St Clair and will be arriving later Friday night. Just want to be prepared.
  15. doniton2

Oddometer:
    Yes they drop as fast as they rise. As long as it doesn’t rain all day Friday we should be good to go on all the water crossings.
  16. Earlwho

Earlwho n00b

Oddometer:
    Thank you for the Intel. My boys and I have done palooza the last three years, so we're not exactly green. Lol. But it's our first time on this ride and looking forward to it.
    doniton2 and 314ADV like this.
  17. Dustcloud9

Dustcloud9 Cloud Rider/S10

Oddometer:
    Count Me in, Doniton2, I may not have my GPS up and working by then though so I will need to run with a group. I have backup maps from years past. It will be the first big ride for the new Cloud (T700). The Best Western was full up so I'm at the Days Inn on Sat. I will meet you guys at the Hotel Friday night, my new place is to far for the Sat Morning Ride to the start.
    doniton2 likes this.
  18. KYMike

KYMike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not that anyone cares, but I made it to Fenton so I can visit with my dad for a couple days before the ride. Hopefully my bike will show up on Friday!
    rustynut2, jowannab and doniton2 like this.
  19. justdirtyfun

justdirtyfun Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Cycling and motorcycling are getting blurred at my house. Wife and I bought e-bikes.
    No dust clouds to deal with this year!
  20. ROYAL COACHMAN

ROYAL COACHMAN Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have the DR ready to go! Lookin forward to this, I missed out the last 4 years
    If anyone wants to ride with a old guy, I'm riding down Sat morning,
    be there by 6:30 @ the Mobil gas or Micky D's across the street............... blk&wh DR
    doniton2 and 314ADV like this.