2021 USA Ténéré 700 (PDP) Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by mcmann, May 28, 2020.

1. mcmann

mcmann Adventure Rider Junkie Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes . . . I have not gotten my money out of the AT yet. The T7 is my modern DR/KLR.
    lithodave and ag_streak like this.
  2. goldentaco

goldentaco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You will not go wrong with the 16T. I just swapped mine out for that. Still pulls from stoplights in 2nd gear with gusto, revs are about 450 lower in each gear and MPG about 1-1.5 higher on that same routes. I've only got about 100 miles on the 16 now but I like it a lot. I was frequently in 2nd and 3rd offroad rarely 1st. I feel like it'll probably be 2nd mostly offroad now.

Incidentally for me, the throttle is quite sensitive...not snatchy. Smooth and you can modulate power easily but it' ssensitive. I added a G2 Throttle tamer and the 16t at the same time and the power delivery change was quite noticeable. The changes did exactly what I expected. Throttle is now smoother over a wider grip rotation and bumpy roads don't inadvertently crack the throttle open.

J
    mcmann likes this.
  3. Bud Dog

Bud Dog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any dealers selling less than msrp? My local guy is selling for $9999 plus 425 destination plus 100 doc fees plus tax.
  4. ag_streak

ag_streak Tiene Ruta Cuarenta? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Buy it. :deal
  5. Bike Guy

Bike Guy Long timer

Oddometer:
    IMHO, that’s a very fair deal
  6. whisperquiet

whisperquiet Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    62298 in lovely corrupt/bankrupt Southern Illinois
    My dealer will sell you one for $9500.00 + tax + title fee + registration fee.
  7. Bike Guy

Bike Guy Long timer

Oddometer:
    My ride today. Early start home by 1. 100 mile FE541896-45CC-4B05-931E-B41DA672A78E.jpeg AF3B7D9E-F0A4-42F5-A5A6-F2B015CB92AC.jpeg
  8. O Captain My Captain

O Captain My Captain Upsetting the apple cart

Oddometer:
    How do you like the Adventure Spec rear and side racks? And the Wings exhaust for that matter? Is it louder than OEM? I really like the non-obnoxious low rumble and stealthiness of the stock OEM exhaust, but am tempted for something just a tad louder.
  9. Bike Guy

Bike Guy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Add on accessories are always a personal choice and varies with the intended use of the bike. Im a fan of the Wings exhaust, is my fourth purchase. I run the baffle. I’m old school so I have the opinion that a four stroke needs some back pressure. Wings exhaust pride themselves on “the sound”. It seems like it’s a deep growl.
    Hope this helps
    O Captain My Captain likes this.
  10. roboboxer

roboboxer n00b

Oddometer:
    Just here to bitch, moan and whine. After owning BMW’s of various models (but mostly the GS) I thought I would go out on a limb and try a different direction. On July 14 I gave my dealer $500 for a deposit an ordered up a new T700, in black, of course. Should be here in October the regional sales manager says; “cool” says I.

Went to the shop this past Thursday And my sales guy tells me he has some bad news....ugh. Apparently Yamaha decided that I was unworthy of receiving a shiny new motorcycle and booted my order off of the production list for this cycle. “We will re-order in October”

Nice move tuning fork guys... ah well, it’s all good in the end I suppose. I’ll be able to put significantly more money towards the purchase and more riding season under warranty. The really bright spot is that my Yamaha radiator guard arrived a couple of weeks ago... perfect

Bitch over. Thanks for the free online therapy
    rideforzen and Adanac rider like this.
  11. BLZ2DWL

BLZ2DWL Roustabout Supporter

Oddometer:
    Has anyone seen a T7 for sale on the east coast?
    concours likes this.
  12. Pablogordo

Pablogordo Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    In the Pittsburgh/Morgantown area, the dealerships will take your order with a who knows how long wait but no actual T7 to see in person
  13. Liquidape

Liquidape Shiftless When Idle

Oddometer:
    I found a dealer in Southren MA that showed as having inventory on the Yamaha website. I just put a deposit on it today. It's already shipping to the dealer and I already have the VIN.
    There are others on the east coast showing having inventory on the Yamaha website in the CT/MA/NY area. I'd try there first.

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/motorcycle/inventory/results/06374/tenere-700/2021
    BLZ2DWL likes this.
  14. TIGERRIDER007

TIGERRIDER007 North GA RAT

Oddometer:
    @mcmann, so how much for a demo ride?? :lol3
    norton73 likes this.
  15. beerbaron

beerbaron soldier of misfortune

Oddometer:
    yall aint got em over on that side yet?
  16. mcmann

Oddometer:
    The only dealer I know that has a demo bike is Snake River Yamaha in Idaho. Owners bike.

Its a tall bike . . . dealers may be hesitant to demo it . . .

When I demo’d an S10 during bike week . . . the height challenged guy in front of me dropped his bike at the first stop light:muutt

1A66999A-6B2E-409A-B622-959E39174557.jpeg
  17. rideforzen

rideforzen Long timer

Oddometer:
    I put down a deposit in July for a mid Sept. shipment. That order got delayed. My dealer called yesterday and told me there won't be any bikes available until January or February. The rep told him Yamaha is putting its efforts into other products. WTF Yamaha ?
  18. norton73

norton73 drinkin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    Probably busy building side by sides. Probably a bigger market than those pesky bikes.
    I wish Yamaha would get its shit together.

I passed on the FJR 1300 when they first came out because of the ordering process they did then and bought a Ducati ST2 instead.

Now I'm considering a T7, but I may just continue to ride my R100GS for another 120k miles and say fuck the new manufacturers.
  19. mcmann

Oddometer:
    Some dealers are getting stock. Call this guy . . . Fly-n-ride
    66A2108A-FF98-49BB-8A2A-CAE4A5164130.jpeg
  20. Liquidape

Liquidape Shiftless When Idle

Oddometer:
    Just got a call from the dealer - the bike arrived today. They are prepping it now, and will deliver it to me tomorrow!
    TimmyTheHog likes this.