2021 WSBK No-Spoiler Catch All Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Oct 19, 2020.

1. stk0308

stk0308 Long timer

Oddometer:
    But, he's better now because of the mental beating the Honda has given him...or something like that. I'll never understand some of these rider moves manufacturers are making.
    RiderGary, Bigger Al and Don03st like this.
  2. DogBoy

DogBoy Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    There are possibly two open seats at Honda. Haslam says he doesn't have a contract for next year but it still talking. Rumor mill has Sykes or Davies on the CBR-RRRRR. Sykes was offered a satellite BMW bike which he doesn't seem too interested in.
  3. Scoozi

Scoozi Long timer

Oddometer:
  4. UngaWunga

UngaWunga Mosquito bait

Oddometer:
    Why would a team hire any of those mid pack riders? Are they cheap?
  5. DogBoy

Oddometer:
    They know what a winning Superbike is supposed to feel like. One of the problems Jake Gagne had in WSBK was that even the uncompetitive old Honda was the best thing he'd ever ridden so he didn't have a baseline to improve the bike. Davies won races and scored the most points in the last three rounds last season and has a podium this year against a very competitive field. I'm not a big Sykes fan but he knows what it takes to make a bike go fast on the Pirellis...for at least one lap. He can probably put any bike on the front row in qualifying which no one at Honda has been able to do.
    Scoozi and husqvarna like this.
  6. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    HRC should hire Sykes and retain Haslam. Sykes did a good job making the Kawasaki competitive. He should do the same for the CBR, while they keep searching for the next J Rea for the long term. Meanwhile, Sykes has outperformed VDM so it's a bit of a puzzle what BMW are doing. My guess is they are throwing everything at WorldSBK and hoping for the best. Ducati re-hiring Bautista is smart. I hope it is true because I don't think Rinaldi is going to produce much.
    Prospected and Don03st like this.
  7. Prospected

Prospected Mountains' Rossi

Oddometer:
    Hire Sykes and buy out Gerloff’s 22’ Yam contract while simultaneously taking his chains off not to compete with Toprak. Les Pearson’s Instagram post a few days ago pretty much confirmed Yam is fucking with GG.
    spacely likes this.
  8. Scoozi

Scoozi Long timer

Oddometer:
  9. wpbarlow

wpbarlow Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    ridenm, Scoozi, Drif10 and 2 others like this.
  10. Don03st

Don03st Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can't wait for next weekend. The ZX-10 seems to be at it's limits lately. Toprack and Redding seem to have the ZX-10 figured out. I hope JR doesn't need any big saves again. This has been a good season thus far.
    Scoozi likes this.
  11. DogBoy

Oddometer:
    Rabat and Barni Racing Team split by mutual consent

Tito Rabat and Barni Racing have ended their 2021 adventure. Barni Racing say they will continue for the rest of the season and have begun making plans to put another rider on the bike for Barcelona. Sorry to see Rabat struggle. The work he put into coming back from that terrible accident at Silverstone was inspiring.
  12. DC2wheels

DC2wheels Castle Anthrax troll Supporter

Oddometer:
    Another example of faster in the lower classes (Rabat- Moto2) but in Motogp nowhere (admittedly on 2nd class machine) and a backmarker in WSBK.

Then there is FQ. Didn't exactly kill the smaller classes but now on the M1?
  13. Scoozi

Scoozi Long timer

Oddometer:
    DogBoy likes this.
  14. wpbarlow

wpbarlow Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  15. BOOTLACE

BOOTLACE Bikie Scum. Supporter

Oddometer:
    bingbong and Cantab like this.
  16. BOOTLACE

Oddometer:
    That’d be a paid ride I would think. Don’t know where the cash keeps coming from, but it seems like a bottomless bucket of the stuff….
    I don’t even rate him as a serious national talent let alone International.:scratch
  17. BOOTLACE

Oddometer:
    Meanwhile, over in BSB. They play hard. JO lucky not to have his hand go into that front wheel…

18. Don03st

Don03st Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I hope they're ok. A proper high side there.
  19. BOOTLACE

Oddometer:
    813264C8-E8B3-48AD-88A1-DBF24BFF1E2B.jpeg
  20. DogBoy

Oddometer:
    Les Pearson to be replaced as Garrett Gerloff's crew chief (or chief engineer, I'm not sure of his exact title). Pearson is very respected in the paddock and has been a tireless cheerleader for Gerloff this season. Seems odd timing considering Gerloff appears to be getting back on form and Pearson was definitely happy to be in his corner.

Post from Les Pearson this morning on Instagram:

276motorsport
    What can I say, me and this guy had something good going and for sure we would have won together, his talent is undeniable, due to some small minds, miss information and politics we will no longer work together, I won't write anymore at this time because I am extremely upset by this, we have been treated badly that's all I will say. I wish @garrettgerloff all the best for the future and maybe we'll work together again mate.