2021 Yamaha Super Tenere: who is ready?

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by Chillis, Nov 16, 2020.

?

Will we see an updated 2021 Yamaha Super Tenere?

1. Yes and it will be a massive upgrade doing everything better while passing Euro 5

6 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. Minor upgrade with color dash and tuning?

21 vote(s)
    61.8%
  3. Same bike but tuned leaner: less performance but more jerk!

7 vote(s)
    20.6%
  4. The outlier: more street biased version with mag wheels, no more dirt.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. fastring

fastring Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Interesting idea. The S10 isnt much of a dinosaur in japanese years. Only 8 years in US and only 6 years ago a refresh? Think DRZ, XR650L and more...the S10 is a young pup!

Seems to me they are making the Tracer as the lighter, smaller displacement (easier to euro smog) FJR with its latest 2021 update.
    RedEX and DirtyRoadie like this.
  2. DirtyRoadie

DirtyRoadie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, you are probably right. I had consumed some pretty hearty stout when I made that post.
    fastring likes this.
  3. ommoran

ommoran Experienced Newbie

Oddometer:
    The border closure is an issue for that one. And I can get an S10 for less after the exchange just not in blue....
  4. s.ga.rider

s.ga.rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I couldn't pay the price they are asking for a 2021 with no changes when you can get get a new leftover for thousands less. They should have made it lose 75lbs, added 15hp and threw on a tft dash and then they would sell.
    Stomp347 and ommoran like this.
  5. ommoran

ommoran Experienced Newbie

Oddometer:
    Wouldn't all of this increase the price even further? I'd love a TFT dash as they're so damned sexy, but putting one on would be another hike. you can get a 2020 Honda AT DCT here for the same price, or better, than a 2020 Tenere.
  6. Jakebrake

Jakebrake Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Once the T7 travel comes out with the bigger fuel tank and two piece seat it will really cut into the s10 market
  7. johnwesley

johnwesley wanta be

Oddometer:
    I believe that to be true, it’s where I’m at now. Loved riding the T7 but would like some more range. Looking at the s10 for touring on and off pavement and like the tank size, cruise, and shaft. I don’t really like the ground clearance, suspension travel and limited after market support for the se. Love the T7 handling, motor and suspension, but would like more range and cruise would be nice but not a deal killer. I think the T7 would be a great replacement for my klr, which wasn’t really like a klr at all. (42rwhp 10” suspension travel f&r) But have better chops for the pavement time. Only spent time off road and on secondary pavement while riding the T7. Going to wait till after the new year to make up my mind on what to do. Both would do the trick, but talking the wife into two new bikes is not going to happen anytime soon.