2021 Yamaha Tracer 9 GT

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Chillis, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Chillis

Chillis Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    MCGMB and BruceWA like this.
  2. DaBinChe

DaBinChe Long timer

Oddometer:
    snatchy comes from emissions fueling....off throttle the fuel gets cut. The fuel off to on causes the jerkyness. On older bikes or carbed bikes there is always some fuel feed when off throttle so is a much smoother transition back to on throttle.
    Suncoaster likes this.
  3. hellsbuddha

hellsbuddha Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I tried the old version and it fit be quite well. As long as the seating position is the same as the old bike, I should be ok.
  4. STBNE

STBNE Southern Comfort

Oddometer:
    A couple weeks ago there was a Yamaha Demo Days event at Capital Powersports in Wake Forest...I rode a 2020 Tracer 900GT ..I liked everything about it except for the front styling with what looks like one headlamp out on low beams ...just plain dumb...I also rode the 2020 XSR900...A bike i thought i wasnt gonna like..turns out that its a blast to ride..and with one headlamp and "retro" styling cues...its basically a naked hoooligan sportsbike with upright ergos...So its clear to me that if i were in the market for a new Yamaha the XSR900 would be my choice...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Motonirvana and Chillis like this.
  5. The.Cheese

The.Cheese Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ben, your pics aren't showing.

You might be able to fix the headlights "issue". Just wire up the other side to run on low. Wanted to point out that you won't see it from the saddle anyways!

The 2021 looks, and is, much improved. Might wait to ride one of those whenever they get here. I am seriously thinking about replacing my ST1100 with one. Red please. Not like Honda has anything that competes with the tracer 9 gt.
    Chillis likes this.
  6. STBNE

STBNE Southern Comfort

Oddometer:
    Not sure why the pics arent showing ..I see them on my phone and on my desktop...Just reloaded them ..can you see them now?
    I'm sure theres a work around for the cyclops headlights..and its more of a concern for being seen than it is to see with...When i rode the Tracer 900GT I just kept the headlights on high beam... But I just cant wrap my head around the styling and I;m not a fan of the split dash either...My days of LD riding are done so i dont care if i have a fairing or hard bags either...
  7. The.Cheese

The.Cheese Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Whatever I get from now on will have a pair of Clearwater's. Best ad on for visibility. In my opinion. After those the one eyed headlight won't be an issue.

Still no pics. Just broken img emoji thingys.

Edit: Now I see em! Thanks.
    STBNE likes this.
  8. STBNE

STBNE Southern Comfort

Oddometer:
    As I said..I really like the simplicity of the 'retro' styled bikes...Man that was a blast..1st time I have had the front wheel off the ground..in 40 yrs(without really trying)
  9. STBNE

STBNE Southern Comfort

Oddometer:
    Forgot the gauges pic...[​IMG]
  10. neilc

neilc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In Australia our roads even the freeways closely resemble a motocross track so the most important thing for me is relay good suspension with good amount of travel and the new 9 GT has less travel the the old model . I no the new one has all the electronic adjustable suspension but in my experience after having a Super Ten an KTM Super Adventure and now a BMW R1200RS all equipped with some form of electronics none work even close as a well setup OHLIN on White Power once you get it how you like it you never need to change except the pre load nob for extra load . The other thing that is disappointing is it has got heaver what is it with motorcycle manufactures ever new model gains 5Kg .
    I was relay looking forward to this bike as a lighter two up touring bike to replace my BMW.
  11. Madman4049

Madman4049 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That ugly ass wannabe fighter jet mfd dash thing they got going on keeps me from switching from my Super Tenere. Petty I know but it's ugly as sin, why can't they just do a normal big tft like everyone else. BMW puttting 10" tablets w/gps and all on their bikes and yamaha doing this ugly retro shit.
    hypersports and mbabc like this.
  12. a2zworks

a2zworks Trust me, I'm Pablo

Oddometer:
    When I see the dash can't help but see this
    fullsizeoutput_3da.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3db.jpeg
  13. Chillis

Oddometer:
    a2zworks likes this.
  14. spuh

spuh Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    No, an eyebrow, a unibrow! Like the muppet there (sorry, I don't know my muppets; what's his name?)
    a2zworks likes this.
  15. a2zworks

a2zworks Trust me, I'm Pablo

Oddometer:
    The brows are the two narrow rectangular screens above the main ones.
    Chillis likes this.
  16. pazzo

pazzo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The dash is quite off-putting.
    hypersports and Chillis like this.
  17. Chillis

Oddometer:
    I'd reserve judgement for in person inspection but it sure doesn't translate well on screen.

lnycau0w-720.jpg
    a2zworks, hypersports and pazzo like this.
  18. hypersports

hypersports Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Jesus man, got me to literally LOL! Even WALL-E is like WTF??
    pazzo and Chillis like this.
  19. Vrode

Vrode Still half-fast... Supporter

Oddometer:
    I can't believe scanning two separate screens will make it any easier to access pertinent info.
    Well, maybe for some people....

Attached Files:

20. mkviz

mkviz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anybody knows when these are coming out to the United States of AMERICA!!! Or did they come out already? I dont see there here in California so Im guessing no so far