2022 Suzuki GSXS 1000

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Chillis, Apr 6, 2021.

1. ganze

ganze lone biker of the apocalypse

Oddometer:

I sorted mine out well. x6 shock and springs made a huge difference, I loved that bike and like you wish it was still an option.
  2. Dno

Dno Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This bike is calling to some inner road demon. Im trying not to listen. First bike was an 81 gs750l. It was 1990 and i was 16. This bike gets the blood moving like then. Kinda like finding a mint gsxr1100. Even when you swear off speed and ride economical low hp bikes you know what lurks in the shadows. Ive kept my eye on this bike for a while. Just now letting the brain in on it.
    RobbieAG likes this.
  3. Volfy

Volfy Fava beans & a nice Chianti

Oddometer:
    I was going to mod up a storm with it too. Did a bunch of research on what would work, but in the end, I just could not justify the time/effort when there were other bikes already sorted out. I really thought that was a huge missed opportunity. Suzuki had the hugely popular SV650, which they could've cultivated into a sub-brand all by itself. That's what Ducati did with the Monster, which arguably saved that Italian marque. Instead, Suzi made a 1/2 a$$ attempt with the SV1000 to expand the range, but scrooged on spending the R&D to do a proper job. Every review I read said the same thing - great potential marred by substandard components, 2nd-class execution, and 3rd-tier refinement.

I'm hoping Suzi learned from those kinda lessons. If ya gonna do something, don't do it 1/2 baked. I sure hope they'll hit one out of the park with a revised GSX-S1000F and/or Katana.
    proeliator likes this.
  4. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 Just send it!

Oddometer:
    Bump.

[​IMG]
    Chillis likes this.
  5. Dno

Dno Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yup. Road demon is watching
  6. Dno

Dno Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Been eyeing the 750 too. Im not into the modern stying. This bike just has nice parts and specs. More so than the 750. I can forgive the styling for both bikes in return for the 4 cyl zook awesomeness.
  7. fecundity

fecundity Been here awhile

Oddometer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/api/rest_v1/page/pdf/Suzuki_TL1000S

https://en.wikipedia.org/api/rest_v1/page/pdf/Suzuki_TL1000R
  8. fecundity

fecundity Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Sold!
  9. MJS5761

MJS5761 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I like the fact that the tank is 5 gallons, unlike the Kantana. I'm looking forward to seeing this in person as I did sit on a the new 2021 MT09 this weekend. The biggest advantage to the new Yamaha is the weight at only 417 wet, claimed. However, the I-4 in the Suzuki gives it the edge in full on performance. That Blue is growing on me also the more I look at it, even though I've never owned a naked due to fatigue with lack of wind protection where I live. In a mild southern climate, I think it would be a no brainer for me.
    Chillis likes this.
  10. Dno

Dno Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Reminds me of the gs series. That legacy and the complete package is cool. I like that the gsx looks raw enough and is still refined. Ultimate adrenaline junkie machine if you want and still could be used as a commuter. Matches its ugly/ beautiful looks.
  11. Volfy

Volfy Fava beans & a nice Chianti

Oddometer:
    This might sound counter-intuitive, but any time ambient get above 92F, you would want to limit the amount of air flow to the rider to what is required for evaporative cooling to work. Any more than that adds to the heat load, not reduce it.

Before I understood this, I had a Speed Triple R thinking that's what I need to ride in the Houston Summer, only to find out I faired better (pun intended) with sport touring bikes, adjusting the windscreen to get the amount of air flow just right. This article explains it the best: https://www.ironbutt.com/ibmagazine/ironbutt_1002_62-66_Hot.pdf

BTW, the looks of this bike is growing on me too. Can't wait to see what they might do with the F version. The engine work sounds like Suzuki focused on smoothing out low-mid RPM range to make it more ridable, instead of boosting top end HP numbers.
    MJS5761 likes this.
  12. Dno

Dno Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Still no price. Meanwhile the katana has big discounts. The 750 is plentiful also. I already got klr on preorder. This one Im gonna wait or pick up a 2020. Next fall maybe the price will be right.
    If we are lucky there will be some around at the right price.
    What is the right price. To me around 10k. Too many other options. North of 12k otd ill find something else or wait.
    dtysdalx2 likes this.
  13. Dno

Dno Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This bike needs to be in a movie. Does the villian or the hero ride it? At least i would say that sticking the key in as the garage door opens.
  14. Dno

Dno Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ya well dealer has no clue on this one. Said zook has not been delivering as well as the other 3. So no dice as of now
  15. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 Just send it!

Oddometer:
    Sure wondering how the Busa and this bike is going to ship.

Jap bikes are having lots of problems getting to dealers. :dunno
    Chillis likes this.
  16. Dno

Dno Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That vid isnt helping. Inner road demon waking. Put that fool to sleep decades ago. Might be too late.
    Chillis likes this.
  17. Dno

Dno Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hang tight. Dealers dont like it either. Both bikes will get here. Talked to dealer today about a preorder 2022 klr and gsxs. The klr is coming soon. Said honda and zook had been behind lately. I joked that the US is the last on the list. He agreed
  18. hypersports

hypersports Been here awhile

Oddometer:

This looks like a lot of bike for the money. Great package and trying something different with the styling. Kind of KTM / MT10. Someone mentioned they should have given it a new name. I think so too, even though it's still very similar to the old model it has enough new stuff and just trying to say all of that GSX-S stuff is work. The naked segment just keeps coming. Props to Suzuki for this and the new Busa. Still got some Suzuki homer in me :thumb
    Chillis likes this.
  19. Dno

Dno Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow " fun and satisfying " The talk about hitting the throttle hard was cool. Havent had that experience. Usually ive had to feed the throttle to keep intake velocity from dropping. Hmm modern bikes
  20. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 Just send it!

Oddometer:
    Bump.

Chillis likes this.