27 fractures from 1 incident

Discussion in 'Face Plant' started by Justbobinkentucky, Feb 27, 2018.

1. NJ-Brett

NJ-Brett Brett

Oddometer:
    Glad things have worked out as well as they have.
    The jeep thing is great, I would love to have one. We used an old 1st gen rav 4 with the manual trans in the woods and it was great fun.
    I find it amazing how well the body can repair itself with a little help.
    Best of luck and a long life to you!
    Justbobinkentucky likes this.
  2. SwampriderEcu

SwampriderEcu n00b

Oddometer:
    Excelent news!!! let us know how the "jeep thing" works out :)
  3. jfman

jfman Long timer

Oddometer:
    Montreal (traveling Americas June '17 to May '18)
    Holy F!
  4. Sal Pairadice

Sal Pairadice Captain Obvious

Oddometer:
    I read the whole thread. I feel bad for you, but much admiration for your attitude going forward, your strength and recovery ability. Would like to see a picture of you on your jeep or standing looking recovered, just to get the pictures of fractures, pin and sutures out of my mind.

Good luck with the Jeep thing, and whatever other hobbies you pursue. After my own crash ( high side) I got into RC airplanes and flew some 125 mph pylon racers and that was a ton of adrenaline. Absolutely no injuries when you crash either.
  5. mhpr262

mhpr262 Long timer

Oddometer:
    is there a TL;DR version of this :lol3
  6. Justbobinkentucky

Justbobinkentucky Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That is the condensed version ! I have my medical records, the stack is about 8" high.
  7. Prime Mover

Prime Mover Always hopeful, yet discontent

Oddometer:
    Any update on this Bob? Similar to you, I had a nice bike ride a few years ago that ended with a medical helicopter flight.

Where are you in the recovery process? Have you started any therapy yet? Make sure you do all the therapy. Don't skimp on the therapy.

Hope all is well.
  8. Justbobinkentucky

Oddometer:
    It will soon be 3 yrs since my accident and I am still making progress.
    I have been using my riding mower for 2 yrs , even before I could walk unassisted, it provided some much needed mental therapy. This week was the first time in 3 yrs that I used my push mower and string trimmer, although about 10 minutes of each was all I could tolerate.
    I have recovered more than I thought I ever would. I no longer have a difficulty going down stairs, that ankle motion took the longest to recover.
    I still have some muscle and nerve problems in my left arm and right leg but nothing that prevents me from living a normal life.
    Muscle loss and physical fitness is my biggest struggle. I've gained 20 lbs and lost a lot of stamina.
    Im doing pretty good for the shape I was in !!!!!!
  9. Justbobinkentucky

Oddometer:
    Eddy Alvarez likes this.
  10. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    I LOVE that blue on Stingrays! I am happy to see you enjoying hobbies again. Best of luck! :thumb
    Justbobinkentucky likes this.
  11. neckbracebob

neckbracebob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the cautionary note Bob, makes me more inclined than ever to focus on slow country roads and offroading at a mild pace. I had my KLR650 (back before it added about 100 lbs) up to 90+ on interstate 95 south of DC, passing an annoying truck. Speed kills and riding on freeways is something I plan to avoid unless there is very little traffic--which is almost never around here. I realize in this case, the accident wasn't your fault, but as commonly the case, the fault of a 4 or 18 wheeled vehicle. Best wishes for continued recovery