2720 dead????

Discussion in 'GPS 101 - Which GPS For Me' started by kdscoates, Dec 25, 2010.

1. kdscoates

kdscoates Long timer

Oddometer:
    plug it in on the 950 hardwire and she is just dead will not turn on at all!
    I tried pluging in the wall and computer and still nothing! garmin will replace it with a refurb for 100bucks from what I see that is the best deal I can get I have all the accessories ram mount hard wire etc for the 950 and the 640 so I guess the 100bucks for a refurb is a good deal I do like my 2720? any help from the gps guru's would be great!!
  2. takemeaway

takemeaway e-veel eyes

Oddometer:
    Hey kdscoates...I'm not familiar with that model, but does it have an internal battery? Can you try removing it and putting it back? Sometimes my Zumo and the 650 needs a hard reboot. Good luck.
  3. MoBill

MoBill Smiles when says dat

Oddometer:
    I think it's a great deal.

I run one too, and am pricing them on ebay now, just to have a spare. No wires, just the unit itself in like new but used condition just sold for 76 bucks.

With "stuff" they'll go as high as 150 or so...I think it's a good deal to refurb.
  4. kdscoates

kdscoates Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have found a 76c I am looking at but I am unsure of the difference in my 2720 and the 76c I mean the size of course but I would also have to rewire the power and buy new ram cradles for both bikes!
    I guess I am asking if I should switch to the 76c and for what reasons?
    thanks for the help!
  5. MoBill

Oddometer:
    Nothing to offer there--except the cost of new mounts, hassle of new connectors, etc--they're enough to me to try and stick with the 2720.

Not to mention, while riding up in in Canada there were a 276c and a 60Csx with me riding sweep and I'm the only guy that was getting a signal...could be just my voo doo, but I'm sold on the 2720...been through a lot with it...
  6. kdscoates

kdscoates Long timer

Oddometer:
    I made my decision called garmin and for 99 bucks plus the shipping cost to ship to them I will ahve a new 2720 on the way!
    thanks for all the input but I agree for 100 bucks it was just not worth changing everything!! I like the 2720 and my new will come with all the updates etc that was on my previous unit with a 90 day warranty so I am happy with that and garmin has awesome customer service!!!
  7. MoBill

Oddometer:
    thumbs up man. Very cool
  8. anotheroldfart

anotheroldfart Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Garmin will sell you a refurnished 2720 exchange with your old one. The 2720 does not have an internal battery.
  9. dcstrom

dcstrom Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm in a similar position - my 2610 is not dead but the image on the screen jumps around. Did you have to send back everything that came with the unit originally? Much of it I didn't use and not sure I could find all the bits and pieces any more (or even know what I'm looking for...).

I'd be happy to just send the unit, and just get the unit back.

***EDIT*** Called Garmin - surprisingly, no wait - and yes they will give me a refurb for $99, just have to send the unit itself, not all the other crap.

Thanks