27k km trip across Canada...now back in TO

Discussion in 'Canada' started by tor1150r, Sep 14, 2006.

1. tor1150r

tor1150r --

Oddometer:
    Recently returned from our 3-month road trip. We travelled across Canada twice.

I rode this 2-up on a road bike. We had our share of dirt, mud, gravel and stones though.

Over 26k km on the bike, and about 1800 km by boat, ferry, bus and flatbed trailer (clutch died in Labrador).

Original plan was to ride the Trans-Lab. Nope. Not this time. Freshly graded and 500 km of marbles. Thought better than to try this on a road bike with luggage and my wife.

Trip was a blast. We got back Aug 23rd, so I have 'current' road condition info for BC and Yukon if anyone needs it.

A few pics are at www.motorcycle-overland.com
  2. vegasphotog

vegasphotog Las Vegas Cheechako

Oddometer:
    I think I remember your original outgoing post. Nice job! Liked your website...clean and easy to enjoy.

Question...as you BOTH are capable riders, why the two-up? I guess I have never done that for an extended trip and to me it seems if someone likes to pilot, it might be hard to ride co-pilot for such a great trip?
  3. MooseKiller

MooseKiller Tripod

Oddometer:
    Woo hoo!! Great report with great pix! I must go and see Quebec now (to include the rest of Canada!)... :clap
  4. tor1150r

tor1150r --

Oddometer:
    My wife is a capable passenger. She doesn't ride.....yet!!
    Besides...what a great way to have some cool pix taken while in motion. But I suppose I could have my own camera mounted on my handlebar!

She also took a bunch of videos, but they are too large to post and I don't have software to compress them yet.

Cheers!
  5. vegasphotog

vegasphotog Las Vegas Cheechako

Oddometer:
    OIC...I interpreted from the website photos she had her own bike....kool...