2D trial costa brava 2017 video

Discussion in 'Trials' started by bongao, Dec 19, 2017.

1. bongao

bongao Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    MT 007, Champe, tomatoe333 and 2 others like this.
  2. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:
    Awesome!!!! :clap

From what I saw elsewhere, Fuji was riding an RS250 Honda? :ear
    Norman Foley likes this.
  3. LowPSI

LowPSI Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    485 entries and no bottlenecks. How is that possible ?
    Norman Foley likes this.
  4. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    40 total sections Saturday split in half per class over 40Km. So 20 sections over 25 miles with 240 riders that are still further split by class. So at 2 riders a minute over a 2.5 hour start?
    Norman Foley likes this.
  5. 10K

10K Trail Runner

Oddometer:
    75 Seconds per row. :ricky
  6. lineaway

lineaway Long timer

Oddometer:
    Row of 100 desert racers! Smoke bomb in the distance. That was excitement. Back to classic trials. 500 guys on old bikes is really... cool, too.
    Brewtus likes this.
  7. Norman Foley

Norman Foley Devotee of the Husqvarna Supporter

Oddometer:
    Quite the discussion on Facebook on this trial, after Trials Guru's John Moffat commented that the.... ACU, SACU, and FIM needed to take note of how this event is run. Bernie and Vesty weighed in on it. Bernie has pretty strong opinions, about what trials needs to do..... Maybe it's time for him to stop selling luxury watches and get into the organizing end of trials?
    Brewtus and LowPSI like this.
  8. North ride

North ride Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Very good!!
  9. flo10

flo10 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where would I find the discussion on Facebook? I've searched around a bit and can't find it.
  10. Norman Foley

Oddometer:
    John Moffat shared a picture from Javier Cruz and there it started. You may have to friend John, if you aren't already.
    flo10 likes this.
  11. LowPSI

LowPSI Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    At the Trial Legends dinner 1979 World Champion, the only American to have won the title made a heartfelt speech:

Good Afternoon Everyone, It’s such an honor to be here with all of you today. All my Trials memories remain deep in my heart and especially my time spent here in Barcelona.

Many questioned that young kid from California, but some truly believed. For me the American dream began with Senor Bultó, my dear friend Manuel Soler, his family and my team manager Oriol Puig Bultó who supported me from the very start to my world championship victory.

So many unforgettable moments with the Bultó family, importers, race teams and riders. All my respect and thanks to every Spanish and International Trials riders who educated me about their countries cultures, language and riding styles.

Many thanks to those world championship motor-clubs for all their hard work organizing world class events at legendary venues. My memories span across the world, but my heart remains in Sant LIorenc.

Today we stand near the birthplace of the greatest Indoor Trials dating back to 1978…the Solo Moto Indoor. This was the beginning of a new and revolutionary era that eventually changed the sport of Trials forever.

A special thanks to all the media who reported our sport extensively over the years, supported the industry brands and made us riders iconic along the way.

Many of you here today are part of our Trials history and without your passion over the years for our sport, the next generation has no heritage or legacy to look back upon.

Some legends are no longer with us as they rest in peace, but we remember them, we hear them, we love them and we still see them riding sections or working championship events to make it an unforgettable experience for everyone.

I truly appreciate your friendships, loyalty, recognition and the opportunity to participate in this Trial Legends event.

Thank you so much for all your support and precious memories.” – Bernie Schreiber, 1979 FIM World Trials Champion
  12. LowPSI

LowPSI Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  13. mercuryrev

mercuryrev .

Oddometer:
    There were queues, but generally only on the harder sections. It was a superbly organised trial, all in the right spirit, I doubt I've ever seen so many smiling faces at a trial. The second day was horrendous as a storm blew in and drenched the area.
    Brewtus and LowPSI like this.
  14. bongao

bongao Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  15. LowPSI

LowPSI Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    North ride likes this.
  16. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:
    North ride, LowPSI and Norman Foley like this.
  17. Old Geezer

Old Geezer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Darn, my old "rat bike" TY175 would not even be allowed in the pits. Great VINTAGE event.
    LowPSI and Brewtus like this.
  18. Norman Foley

Oddometer:
    Time for Team New Mexico to take the next step and buy a Conex! Then you could load up, ship over to these cool Euro events and fly in to ride on your own bikes!
  19. Brewtus

Brewtus Buffoonery, Inc.

Oddometer:

TNM is not a Vintage club, unfortunately. The League is, however. That would work right up until the organizers saw our.....*ahem*.....workman-like bikes. The villagers would run us out with torches and pitchforks.

Until they saw how awesome we are, that is! :gdog

:lol3
    Huzband, jonnyc21 and Norman Foley like this.
  20. Norman Foley

Oddometer:
    Patina bikes.... That's the $60 word for workman-like now, right? :jack
    Huzband, jonnyc21 and Brewtus like this.