2nd Annual Official BMW Biker Meet (GS news in there too)

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Jase, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Jase

Jase Pissed Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well just got back from the 2nd Annual BMW Biker Meeting

Gotta say the organisation was pretty shite. It pissed down rain on Saturday and on Sunday there wasn't as much planned but BMW didn't reschedule anything! I know the guy doing the organised ride-outs asked BMW about doing them on Sunday - maybe they didn't want to pay more? dunno....

Some good BMW clothing bargains to be had... I was looking for some Goretex pants...

Unfortunately the only thing I found that fitted me - perfectly! - was BMW Savanna 2 jacket and pants... I think I may have done something stupid though... I didn't buy them and the pair would have cost me only 340USD (size 106). But then I'd have to spend the same again for the bloody goretex inserts... bugger that....

Jean Pierre Goy - the James Bond stunt double was bloody good.... see below for a quick picture (more to come hopefully) of a wheelie on a K1200LT - yep - the big bastard!!!! :) was unreal!

Oh and some other news for GSers...

For the 1150GS Remus have made a new end can - only 2 weeks old - Revolution - has a "plug" in the end that you can leave in to run it as a normal aftermarket pipe or remove for the racing pipe (ala staintune no?)

Laser ARE making the full 2 into 1 pipe - pics to follow - this looked HOT (around 950USD)

Oh and like Fish and others have said - the GS runs better with aftermarket pipe and the CAT.... well Fallert, Wüdo and I think Touratech and some others all said that the bike loses tourque and power by removing the CAT... they tested it on the dyno... dunno how correct that is but they were adamant about it...

Anyway... that's just a quick run down....

l8r all
  2. thwack

thwack Long timer

Oddometer:
    How in the heck did he wheelie the K1200LT? Was there a helicopter overhead with a cable attached? Man, I'd hate to overwheelie that bike and have it land on me...

Very cool picture!
  3. Jase

Jase Pissed Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The crazy thing is...

he was trying to touch/drag the top case on the road!!!!! :huh

more pics to follow.... got an .avi of the wheelie too if anyone is interested
  4. thwack

thwack Long timer

Oddometer:
    Post a link to the .avi please...should be interesting to see the big beast ridden like that...

Thanks.
  5. Jase

Jase Pissed Adventurer

Oddometer:
    have to put .avi up on my web page...

but until then how about this... :evil
  6. Jase

Jase Pissed Adventurer

Oddometer:
    errr woops

i meant how about THIS :huh
  7. thwack

thwack Long timer

Oddometer:
    Cool pic, but not as impressive as the wheelie shot of the L(ight) T(ruck) . :rofl

Thwack