2nd Annual Soggy Bottom Motofest, Port Matilda, PA August 17-19

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by JJBucksnort, Mar 21, 2018.

1. gsjay

gsjay LHBMWR #294

Oddometer:
    we're signed up.......
    Plan on camping as the weather in August is pretty sure to be dry. Hope I'm not wrong!
    jason
  2. JJBucksnort

JJBucksnort Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the support Jason, look forward to having you there! Another Cabana booked last night....it's going to be a great time!
  3. Edintheclouds

Edintheclouds Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Registered and cabanaed!
  4. Jasen

Jasen n00b

Oddometer:
    I’m in
  5. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Awesome!! Thanks Edintheclouds, look forward to meeting you!
  6. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Update: due to a higher number of registrants that will be arriving early on Friday, we're adding a 3rd ride (it's actually now the first ride of the weekend for those arriving early enough). It will hit Moshannon State Forest and be approximately three hours. A real nice water crossing option just past waypoint 11 (bridge in place as well). Ride will leave at 3:30 and we'll return between 6:00-6:30. Below is a GPX Track of the first ride.

Attached Files:

7. Dirt Roads

Dirt Roads Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great! Will plan on it. Thanks for posting the gps file.
  8. Chrismcp12

Chrismcp12 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This keeps getting better and better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  9. Edintheclouds

Edintheclouds Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Cool. I have Maprika unless there’s a better app you can recommend. If I open this, how do I make it available off line so I don’t need cell signal?
  10. MyNameIsMitch

MyNameIsMitch Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have you tried OSMAND?
  11. Edintheclouds

Edintheclouds Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I bought the ARA GPX viewer app and it says error cannot open file when I click your map.
  12. Edintheclouds

Edintheclouds Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Never mind, I got it.
  13. Edintheclouds

Edintheclouds Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nope. Didn’t work. I have the ad version and the one I paid $.99 for. It seems to only open the one with add and I can’t figure out how to open the file with the full version. And then how do I make it available off line?

Attached Files:

14. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Soggy Bottom Update: Well our Grand Opening is finally over and we can now devote all of our event planning to Soggy Bottom Motofest! To say we're excited is an understatement. Here's the GPX file for our Saturday morning ride. A couple of us hit most of this route today and had a blast. There's up to four water crossings, some extremely technical sections (can be bypassed), great windy paved sections on rt 144 and probably the most fun gravel road in central PA...all just in our morning ride! We'll be having lunch at Hyner View State
    Park: https://www.stateparks.com/hyner_run_state_park_in_pennsylvania.html. I'll post pics of the water crossings and more technical sections as soon as possible.

What to look for on this ride:

1) Two water crossings near Gorton Rd; close to way points 14-15. A very rocky technical section as well, skid plate is advised! We will have a bypass route for those that don't want to give this section a go.

2) Optional water crossing near way point 21; known to the indigenous population as the "kato/bloody skillet" atv park. This area is an enduro riders dream....polluted with buggy/quad and dirt bike trails. We'll stop in this area and let those that want to give it a rip and challenge themselves have some fun!

3) Water crossing near way point 24 on the "stone trail". The name is absolutely derived from the terrain! This is the most technical section of the ride, extremely rutted out with big rocks and a 10 ft. water crossing through a spring fed creek at the bottom of a very steep ravine. Bash plate is a must, not for the faint of heart. I made it through this section today on my GSA...barely lol. There will be a bypass for this section.

4) Pete's run road near the completion of our morning ride is an awesome curvy, up and down gravel road that finishes as a nice dirt/rock road descent into the town of Renovo. Not too technical...just fun.

We will cover portions of Moshannon and Sproul State Forests during our morning ride. The scenery and wildlife are amazing and we hit all the types of terrain that are available in the Mid-Atlantic. Total ride distance is approximately 100 miles depending on what deviations we play around with in the bloody skillet area.

Attached Files:

15. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Sorry about that Ed, our sales manager is very tech savvy...i'll have him take a look at this issue tomorrow. The routes were designed on Rever....if you send a friend request on Rever to josh@kissellmotorsports.com, i'll accept the request and you can view the rides. Of course, you must join Rever if you haven't already.
  16. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
  17. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    IMG_3686.PNG

First water crossing near Gorton bridge
  18. Dr. Beat

Dr. Beat Rock steady

Oddometer:
    One of the water crossings from the ride #2:

wmfleet2 likes this.
  19. gsjay

gsjay LHBMWR #294

Oddometer:
    We'll be riding two up and looking for the less challenging off road / paved routes...………
    Any liked minded attendees are welcome to join in the tame fun.
    Central PA is a great place to ride!
    Jason
  20. gsjay

gsjay LHBMWR #294

Oddometer:
    Any more info on the Dirt 101 class or GPS Seminar?
    jason