2nd Annual Tx to Canada and Beyond

Discussion in 'Americas' started by txrider69, May 7, 2020.

1. txrider69

txrider69 n00b

Oddometer:
    Have a new to me 2016 KTM 1290 Super Adventure, looking to go TX-NM-CO-UT-ID-WY-MT-BC-AK-OR-CA-NV-AZ loop. Last year almost made the loop..until Vegas.. on a hypermotard, but a bad service in LA blew my engine at 130ish next to gxr in the desert outside Bakersfield...still hurts me deeply... had my license revoked in southern WA by proud state trooper, as well.

Anyways looking for any suggestions of epic rides in the relevant areas. Offroad is good, but have already had to winch the beast up a large rock/sand hill at Big Bend Ranch SP and usually ride solo..so only big bike offroad-friendlyish interests. Down to detour a few hundred miles for something new.

Anyone with 1290 touring experience..any necessary extra parts or worries? Bike has been a champ outside of the odd tpms and a bad gas incident. Fuel pump rebuild going this week with Rottweiler stage 3 and cyclops headlights.

Looking for twisty roads, free camping, and the odd bits of surfing on west coast, hopefully including AK. Planned to try and ride this summer from Bali to Papua New Guinea on a little scrambler..but the rona stopped that..

Information on gopro to sena audio pairing also welcome.

Send any suggestions or stories my way. First post, cheers.
  2. Sjoerd Bakker

Sjoerd Bakker Long timer

Oddometer:
    :imaposer:imaposer''''
    a hypermotard,..... bad service in LA ( ??? :deal ) blew my engine at 130ish (:loco :fpalm ) next to gxr ( The gixxer won !:rofl ) in the desert outside Bakersfield...still hurts(:baby.)....... my license revoked in southern WA by proud state trooper. (? more of that 130ish:chace ?.)"""""
    :eyes
    texas_aggie likes this.
  3. Cannonshot

Cannonshot Having a Nice Time Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Hi txrider69. Regarding your trip, you are asking a pretty broad questions that involve much of the western US. That can be difficult for people to try to respond to. You can search the ride reports sub forum for some interesting ideas and once you start to focus on something more specific more people may be able to offer you some help.

Regarding your more specific questions regarding the bike or the Sena, it would be good to look over the site a little as the answers you seek are very likely already covered in some more specific threads where you will also find answers to questions you probably haven't even thought of yet. Browse some of the other sub-forums to see what general topics are there. Once you are familiar with how the site is laid out, you can use the very powerful search tool in the upper right hand corner to zoom in on specific topics that you might be interested in.

If you come on a little strong on this site, you are likely to generate some responses that are a little strong too. It is the nature of things here. :D
    snglfin and texas_aggie like this.
  4. txrider69

txrider69 n00b

Oddometer:
    Got ya. Will heed above advice.
  5. txrider69

txrider69 n00b

Oddometer:
    I'll take it was a nightmare end. Non dealer oil/coolant change . Learned a lot on that one. Also hypermotard temps sensor may be useless. No indication of wrong until smoking oil came out airbox..