2nd Gen. Ducati Multistrada (2013 and newer)

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Salvo, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Doug Pirahna

Doug Pirahna Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok, I see more where you're coming from now. I would say no to that. I have a 2013 Multi and love the bike, but it would definitely protest accelerating out of a corner in 3rd at 2500 rpm. I hope this helps.
  2. Drop_Center

Drop_Center Long timer

Oddometer:
    Dammit! I should have been more clear. Here are the bikes that I know will plow through a slow corner in 3rd. Bandit 1250, FJR1300, Tiger 1050 but I don't want any of those! ME WANT MULTI! At least I'll know what to expect if I do get one.

Plus, I live in Denver where you need 190 horsepower to powerwheelie in 1st! When I rode my 14 down to California I had no issues, so take altitude into effect too.
  3. brianpc

brianpc Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

I think you'll find the behavior of a desmodromic twin to be "kind of" similar to your ZX14's i4 behavior, in that regard. You *can* go that low and stay in 3rd and it will lug out of a corner with the torque, but why would you want to? Bang it down to 2nd and rev the piss out of it. It's not a "midrange twin", the thing screams to it's 11k redline and you'll love it all the way.
  4. Lion BR

Lion BR I'd rather be riding

Oddometer:
    The 2013-14 Multistrada will actually be fine on most sweeping curves on 3rd gear, it has plenty of power there but you need to be at speed. On tighter curves or at slower speeds, yes, you need to go down to second gear. I would say that's part of the fun of riding.
    Shizoku likes this.
  5. Drop_Center

Drop_Center Long timer

Oddometer:
    Trigger pullage this Tuesday. Stay tuned.
    oalvarez likes this.
  6. Krazyjohnny

Krazyjohnny Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you are picking up a left-over 13' or 14' make sure they have installed the latest fuel sender in the tank. It should be revision D.
    SloppyFloyd and BobcatSig like this.
  7. ScotchPat

ScotchPat n00b

Oddometer:
    Picking my '13 up next Friday....then a ~2200 mile ride home.
  8. Idontlikemud

Idontlikemud Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You really want to be above 3,000rpms at all times with this bike. I almost never let the revs drop below that and I'm usually above 3500rpms. Most 90 degree right turns I'm dropping down into 1st gear. On the freeway at 80mph I'm turning almost 6krpms and I have a 41 tooth rear sprocket on my Multi.
  9. Drop_Center

Drop_Center Long timer

Oddometer:
    I thought about it a lot and considering how much I love my ZX14 for touring the best Ducati I could think of owning was a Hyperstrada 1100. Got one last week and it's fucking wicked.

Edit- Hypermotard 1100
    Tim_Tom likes this.
  10. Buzzworm

Buzzworm Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dealership will be replacing the fuel sensor (this will be the 3rd one) on my '13MTS when the part comes in. It is currently back ordered. This is the latest part number 59210211D. Mine failed 2 weeks out of warranty. Ducati agreed to cover the repair since it was a "revised" part. Hopefully whoever they outsourced the manufacturing of the part to gets it right this time or they are using a different supplier.
  11. Krazyjohnny

Oddometer:
    Buzzword,

Mine is working better than it ever did before.
  12. Krazyjohnny

Oddometer:
    Another little tip would be to install speedbleeders at the levers. They are the top of the hydraulic circuit for the front brakes and clutch. Then bleed them. Also on the ABS unit under the seat you can do the same for the rear brake circuit. You will be amazed at how much air is in the ABS unit. This alone has done away with the "limp pedal" on the rear brake caliper. I used the stock Ducati bleed valve setup for the clutch slave. Next is to replace the rear pads for HH pads to improve feel.

I figured this out working on my trucks brakes where it says to bleed the ABS unit on it too. Then I confirmed it via a site from across the pond as being very successful. It is not in the Ducati service manual.
  13. MotoMutley

MotoMutley Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Agreed on the ABS bleed. I replace the stock banjo bolts with a pair of banjo bleeders, and at the first bleed a crap-load of air came from both of them. I regularly bleed that circuit along with the front and rear brakes. Braking action and feel has been much improved for a negligible cost.
  14. Krazyjohnny

Oddometer:
    Just added the EBC HH pads to the rear. Great feel and performance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  15. O Trader

O Trader Adventurer

Oddometer:

What do these "speed bleeder" things look like. My 13 has now go issues with the rear that goes all the way to the mechanical stop on the first push. You have to pump it 3 times to get it to firm up.
  16. krotchity

krotchity Aussies Rule!!!

Oddometer:
    KrazyJohnny, Where do I find those Speedbleeders, and how difficult are they to install? My front brake is awesome but the rear brake has been bled by the Duc techs and needs it again superbad. Sounds like you got a Fix for what ails it
  17. DaytonaBen

DaytonaBen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    With the new wire rim wheels coming out on the new 2016 Enduro bike has anyone found a source for wire rim wheels for the 2013 S? Would it be possible to put a 19" on the front or would you have to change the forks/brakes too?
  18. TBR

TBR One Life ~ Live It...

Oddometer:
    KINEO has wire wheels but not sure about larger front wheel sizes = http://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/Kineo-Wire-Spoked-Wheels-Ducati-1200-Multistrada-2009-onwards.html
    In the end ~ only a matter of $$$$'s if you really want them wheels badly..... nuff said'.....
  19. DaytonaBen

DaytonaBen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I will start saving my pennies. Shame to scratch them all up in the gravel. I think my used KLR cost about the same. :) MudDuc3.jpg
    sierrastone likes this.
  20. MotoMutley

MotoMutley Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]