2nd nOOb vaLLey raLLy - Nov. 7 to 9 2008

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by NSFW, Nov 10, 2008.

1. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I remember last year only the true nOObs got the stickers.....are we deviating from rule #6?......

..............................hahahahahahahah....just kidding....:lol3

this year notably we were impressed by the strong showing of the real nOObs...better than what we accomplished last year....kj, punkenduro, sopascat, bernie, xjon, rojeck...just several whom i met or heard. please step forward and include your name if you're a nOOb. posers like suzuki phil, dave bro, luke, redbulladdict, and myself have move up to semi-nOObs....:lol3
  2. Rammer

Rammer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    REAL nOOb checkin' in.
  3. Redbull Addict

Redbull Addict I need another one...

Oddometer:
    I don't know if El Diablo is serious about making those but we do have the other noob valley rally stickers. So if anyone wants one, pm me your address.

zing - don't worry about the campsite $. It's on me.
  4. SepticSkeptic

SepticSkeptic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    **Raises Hand**

[​IMG]

Note the paper plate. :lol3

These excellent guys here showed me the ropes though.
    [​IMG]

All smiles:

[​IMG]

There were plenty of DV veterans out there to offer advice/suggestions, like Larryboy here:

[​IMG]

So we just ran around having fun:

[​IMG]

Dirt, sand, rocks, mud, and thanks to my riding partners who indulged me, and mother nature who obliged me, a little snow:
    [​IMG]

Good eats too!
    [​IMG]

:clap
  5. BigJohnBundy

BigJohnBundy Hav-A-Tampa

Oddometer:
    Noob here. both of us.. the bike and I..
    Thanks for the great times, :clap advice, beers, and one of the best Spam/corned beef hash breakfast I ever had Ryan/Jon! :dg .

Tobad I had to leave my Tabasco Spam for next guys that came along to the campsite. I was looking forward to haveing that for breakfast until the hurricane rolled in..

Steve, GReat steak. So good to meet your family... see youall around next time.

Don't forget to vote for front page photo...

Attached Files:

6. 2old2race

2old2race I wana ride

Oddometer:

Vote Here http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34180&page=190
  7. NSFW

Oddometer:
    john...i just voted, and we need the support of everyone......:wave

451 posts :eek1 and still a nOOb........:stfu :csm :kat :scratch :loco :fitz :nah :jack :oscar :augie :confused :yikes :doh :dunno ...................................:gerg i say get out of here john....:lol3

septicskeptic..........a husky, paper license plate with a rear tire knobs almost gone......only a real nOOb like me will know another nOOb....:lol3

thanks for coming........glad you and your friends had a blast.
    [​IMG].

when you slammed against the canyon wall i thought you were a nOOb...:eek1, it's the slammer...which later on found out was the rammer...:lol3
    [​IMG]

and if we let you passed on as a nOOb, ktmnate for sure he's going to claim the same...:flip

[​IMG]
  8. ktmnate

ktmnate Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey I am a nOOb. Just ask all the guys that helped me pick the bike up. And get the bike over steps. And down steps. And going on the rocky uphills. And... You get the picture

Nate

Ps -i still have to finish my ride report. Unfortunately I won't have time untill monday. I'm paying back all my shift swaps for last weekend. And there is only so much you can do with a blackberry.

9. BetaTrialsGuy

BetaTrialsGuy D i r t - Z a m b o n i

Oddometer:
    CA desert in Winter / Traveling in Summer
  10. LIL ZING

LIL ZING Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well let try this one more time. Finally got the skid plate off and found it not to bad. Think I will beat it back and get new isolaters. But for you that don't know get you a bag o them stainless steel zip-ties. A must have I learned for around exhast.

Side that didn't hit rock

[​IMG]

Side that I used to ease over rock

[​IMG]

I got acouple pics from the ride so here goes. I aready did this once so here we go.

Davebro and Mootsuno leaving chicken town on a day I thought would never get here.
    [​IMG]

Dean just figuring out that a rock in the valve steam will continue to let the air out of your tire.
    [​IMG]

Joel and I waiting on the two I came with to retie their gear down. Love those metal paniers.
    [​IMG]

Just a sweet pic of Dave coming in hot just before dusk. What form.
    [​IMG]

Then we have this. This does not look like a noob. Head up, arm, back straight and a sulate that noobs wish they had.:lol3
    [​IMG]

Eggroll way to get back on that horse and get up that hill and smoke another horse of the same breed that will teach em.[​IMG]

Eggrolls sulate is right up there with Joel's but eggroll out did it with the standing sulate.
    [​IMG]

Here's poppa wheelie princess Cathy never far behind what a trooper.
    [​IMG]

I think this is what Trekgeist was filming when he thought he was filming me. You got to admit KJ was hauling some ass out there.:rofl
    [​IMG]

Dave telling me that I'm number one.
    [​IMG]

Like someone opened the gate and let all the animals out.
    [​IMG]

And that's about it for my pic but I had a blast and will be checking in on you guys for the next big one. When we get El Diablo to mass produce the stickers I will buy one or two. RBA thanks for the camp site I owe you and will be sure to even it up!
  11. NSFW

Oddometer:
  12. Ratman

Ratman Lucky Rider

Oddometer:
    You guys had a hell of a time up there making friends and playing in the dirt. The pictures and videos bring back fond Memories of a year ago. No sense naming name all of you noobs did a great Job with these reports.

I suggest that you get over the idea that fast is good. LOL It'll only get you hurt eventually, and you'll have to go back again to take a look at the scenery that you missed.

All of us, at least most of us, don't ride enough to become fast. The ego in us that drives us to be fast, is a cruel master, and will sooner or later let us down.......hard.

Let these rides be more about friendships and new places than competitions......

Anyway sorry that I missed this ride. I'm still watching your thread on the Dec Baja ride. :freaky
  13. 2old2race

2old2race I wana ride

Oddometer:
    Hey Pete, how's the leg, how you doin?
  14. Ratman

Ratman Lucky Rider

Oddometer:
    The leg is good, Bob. I was off my bike for 7 weeks. Not good as new, it point a few degrees off, but plenty good enough.

I'm leaving for a week during the Baja 1000 tomorrow. That's part of why I missed this Death Valley gig. I'll be down there with the ADV pits near San Felipe.

Listening to your post here, I can tell your doing well also. :clap
  15. DaveBro

DaveBro Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Pete :wave , we missed you this year - wasn't the same without you. Have fun in Baja.

Dave

(And for the record, boys and girls, last year Pete was the only one in our group to successfully ride up the Mengel boulder field on the way outta DV. So he may talk about going slow, but the dude can ride.)

16. NSFW

Oddometer:
    pete...i enjoyed your alaska tour report, and it seems you're pretty much preoccupied and busy with a bunchastuff!

here's something for you to remember
    [​IMG]

davebro, good bringing it up, ratman was the only nOOb :evil to ride up on Mengel without any help.......:eek1
  17. Rammer

Rammer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If BetaTrialsGuy is who I think he is (didn't you ride with us Friday? Sorry I don't have handles and names down yet...) This ABSOLUTELY applies to BetaTrialsGuy!! :eek1 :bow Great riding with you! :beer
  18. Ratman

Ratman Lucky Rider

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the picture, Joel. Way cool.

Alaska.........that seems like a long time ago...........good memories though.

And as far as making it up Mengels, as I've always said.....Luck beats good.

Watching you guys on your videos this year, I could tell it was worse this time.

Ok, I'm out the door....meeting some guys in Tecate....Hope I have everything. I've got glueless tube patches......who'd a thunk???
  19. NSFW

Oddometer:
  20. Redbull Addict

Redbull Addict I need another one...

Oddometer:
    alright gents..I'm uploading the second video. It should be up in about 15 minutes....

Zing - The sticker is coming your way.