2nd nOOb vaLLey raLLy - Nov. 7 to 9 2008

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by NSFW, Nov 10, 2008.

1. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    dang...i could not believe that you went through hell just to get to your place 300+ miles away. :cry

i have a 2 person rei tent that you could have if you need one soon. :evil
  2. Xdirtbag

Xdirtbag Reformed Scootertrash

Oddometer:
    You guys are the shit! Riding the little bikes, with full on punk rock luggage. I remember my youth(kinda fuzzy but still there) when the universe let me have a 'hawk and DI was playing with the Agnew bros...See ya next round.
  3. ktmnate

ktmnate Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wait Tahoe in the summer? any chance I could join you guys?? I'll play nice and won't fall over... much.

Nate
  4. tahoeacr

tahoeacr Long timer

Oddometer:
    Guess I'm going to have to do some trail mapping. Be nice to get a dirt/street ride all the way around the lake with as much high mountain views as possible.
  5. Redbull Addict

Redbull Addict I need another one...

Oddometer:
    As if someone would say no... What's with the modesty, you're like a Dakar rider compared to some of us..OK, me.

Start getting busy Jeff!

I'm working on more footage...if anyone has a good picture of Echo canyon, especially the waterfall, I would greatly appreciate it.
  6. Redbull Addict

Oddometer:
    Look what I took delivery of...payment in full by Zing! Love it! :clap

Thank you! 1 DVD coming up! :lol3

[​IMG]
  7. Broken Spoke

Broken Spoke KotW Finisher

Oddometer:
    Hey Tom,
    Thanks man, what a bitchin time. I know I won't wait for a year to go back. I'm sure others feel the same. I saw windrat was getting something together here

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409057

and then there is still dvdaze but that ride seems to have a dark cloud hoovering above.

Here is a video the_austrian posted on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzXs5cevE6c
    pardon my yelling/french, I was very excited to hit the dunes and might have forgotten my meds:huh that morning . Aaron "I'm slow" went totally apeshit in the dunes and rode through speedwobbles that had me envisioning scraping yet another rider off the nevada desert floor:eek1 .
    Tom if you need the original just pm the_austrian. He should have some pics of echo too as does Aaron I think. Not sure how often jeff or roger broke out their cameras.
    Anyway I'll be monitoring the west thread closely for any rides that might be happening and I'm definitely down for a summer ride or two in tahoe:clap
  8. AaronK

AaronK Grumpy Grumperson

Oddometer:
    All right, on with the ride report.

I was trying to catch up with the group and went down on Warm Spring. A good time to take a picture.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I saw this guy crossing the road!

[​IMG]

I then caught up with the guys and we headed off for West Side Road

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The mountain shadows were getting long and the light was great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We booked it for gas and camp.
  9. AaronK

AaronK Grumpy Grumperson

Oddometer:
    The next day was Echo Canyon to Big Dune and Beaty. Then we rode through Titus Canyon on the way back.

Jeff in Echo Canyon

[​IMG]

The gravel was loose and deep. It was a battle getting the DR650 through that stuff. I must have dropped 4 times on the way up to the steps.

Jeff and Roger charging

[​IMG]

We went and checked out that old mine on the side road.

[​IMG]

Then we got to the steps. Someone yells, "First gear pinned!"

[​IMG]

Rob "the austrian" charges up it!

[​IMG]

First gear pinned worked for both of us. We later found out they were joking.

[​IMG]

Looking back down the canyon

[​IMG]

The road still climes a bit.

[​IMG]

We all make it to the top!

[​IMG]
  10. LIL ZING

LIL ZING Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well told you I would send the doubles but they didn't have them in a box so just got the big one of singles. The guy at the UPS store asked me if they didn't have them where I was sending these. Told him it was some crazy payoff. :1drink He laughed and didn't ask anymore questions. I'll send another box of unmarked cans when the DVD arrives.:rofl :clap In the mean time enjoy and think we have something with this spring ride at Tahoe if Tahoeacr is in and it sounds like he is. I think that would be another blast.:ricky
  11. LIL ZING

Oddometer:
    Is this how rides get started cuz it sure seems to work good on paper. Would really love to see this ride come through. Know there is some really nice riding in Tahoe so Jeff if I could be so bold as lets getter done. Know
    Tom is a sucker for Red Bull what is your payment going to be?:1drink
  12. El Diablo

El Diablo Mama I'm goi'n fast!

Oddometer:
    Do you need to ask?....Margaritas :freaky
  13. tahoeacr

tahoeacr Long timer

Oddometer:
    :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Cadillac margaritas cause maybe we will go down Cadillac hill.
  14. tahoeacr

tahoeacr Long timer

Oddometer:
    I already got a real nice 22 mile trail (peak elevation 9,200)with a couple of single tracks off of it that will be required for anybody who shows up on a bike with a weight of less than 350lbs. Damn cheaters on those converted mx bikes! Got good fire roads on the other side. I just have to find the fun way to hook them together. And then I need a Tahoe version of Goler and Mengal. Hmm. I think that might show up over about a mile from the start of the Rubicon. Not going in there though cause I wouldn't want to get hung by a mob of angry adventures.

My wife just volunteered to take any wives that show up out on the boat. Just in case that has to be thrown in for a kitchen pass.
  15. Rammer

Rammer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Sounds like an AWESOME ride! Did you say something about needing a lighter bike? Do I really need another excuse to get a smaller one? I'm desperately trying to resist the scruffy transformation! :smile6
  16. Redbull Addict

Oddometer:

Cadillac Hill?!? Oh hell no! I'll be dead... :cry
  17. tahoeacr

tahoeacr Long timer

Oddometer:
    That was just thrown in there to scare:evil people. I could get everyone down Cadillac. Just couldn't get 'em back out:rofl . Actually this last summer it was harder to get there than going down it.

On a real note, I wouldn't mind you coming out to pre-run what I put together as I would value your opinion being so experienced in putting together excellent rides.

Also need to get a date. I know this is impossible for everyone so early, but this will greatly effect my employment/job schedule for next year(Grand-Am schedule has 5 races between 5-1 - 6-21). I'm thinking in June. May is probably too cold for you flat landers. If this works for everyone I'll set in motion a change over to the Ferrari challenge as this will leave me open from 5-6 to 6-22. Besides saying I work for a Ferrari team sounds cool:deal .
  18. LIL ZING

Oddometer:
    Well thats far enough away so that I should be able to jump on board and give the hell ya I'm in song and dance. As far as dates anything works or I will make it work. Will leave the date thing to the important people I will make it work!:D As far as payments go I will not be bring as much crap as DV (learned my lesson more is not always better) so will be able to bring some kind of beverage bar. We was missing one in DV. Those soombitchs next to us had it right. :freaky I will continue to learn as I go.:lol3 Jeff if you get Tom up there for a pre ride trip your close enough where it would be cool to join up if not too big of a problem. Don't think I could wait all the way till the original ride. Need to start thinking of a cool name for it. Something snappy.
  19. LIL ZING

Oddometer:
    But could you imagine the footage you would have on your head cam Tom. Oh wait who would edit it and put it on the site. Guess you'll will have to rethink that one Jeff.:rofl:rofl
  20. LIL ZING

Oddometer:
    Almost forgot to wish you FF's (just found out what that ment down at DV.) Told you I was a noob. Have a great Turkey day and try not to fight over the leg and if you do hope you get it.