2nd nOOb vaLLey raLLy - Nov. 7 to 9 2008

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by NSFW, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Redbull Addict

Redbull Addict I need another one...

Oddometer:
    I think the mid to late June timeframe is about right.

Pre-run? I sense this will be more of a pre-hike for me. :lol3 I'll bring a Jeep. :wink:

That's a good point. I've actually enjoyed working on these videos. Wouldn't mind trying to devote more time to it next time. I'll just have to hike down Cadillac and get the footage.

You too, Happy Thanksgiving gents!
  2. El Diablo

El Diablo Mama I'm goi'n fast!

Oddometer:
    Put me down for pre-run :evil or pre-crash :rofl
  3. robincx

robincx Wherever u go, there u r

Oddometer:
    :clap I'll catch you guys in 2009, looks like a fun time.
  4. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Happy Thanksgiving to all! :freaky

Hope we can set up another ride come spring..Feb, Mar, April...then do the Assault on Tahoe on May or June....:clap

Cheers!

Joel
  5. IB Mike

IB Mike AKA Yukon Cornelius

Oddometer:
    Glad to know there was a few pigs out there representing this year also! Sorry I wasn't there to help catch some of the shit thrown your way... :evil

[​IMG]
  6. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    there were a good 12 pigs attended this event....never ran out of photo opportunities..:eek1 ..............................:lol3

see you soon mike, i hope...:deal
  7. IB Mike

Oddometer:
    Glad to know I was at least there in your thoughts... :fyyff :evil
  8. IB Mike

Oddometer:

Looks like I missed a great time... hoping I next get stationed back west somewhere so I can get back in the action!!
  9. IB Mike

Oddometer:

WTF is with the random guy meditating on the rock in the middle of nowhere? :huh

Glad y'all got to do Titus, after the ride all the way to the gate, it was closed when we were there. :cry

ahhhh, the memories of Chloride on a GSA! :eek1

FANTASTIC pics!! :clap
  10. LIL ZING

LIL ZING Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll have to say that it was the funniest time I've had on a bike. I would bet it's hard to look at the ride report and not be pissed at not being able to go. Hope you get to move back for the next noob ride.

On another note Jeff being in the race circuit and me owning high performance bike when should I be able to make the switch to synthetic oils. I'm at 4500 and was thinking of changeing the oil. She was rode hard the last 2000. Should I do one more change with your standard oil or can I just do it now?
  11. tahoeacr

tahoeacr Long timer

Oddometer:
    Put in the good stuff. She's broke in. Rode a little over 100 miles today from Tahoe over the east mountains towards Tonopah. Looped back before going that far. This will be Fridays ride for The Assault on Tahoe. 50 mile of slab on the way back. Going to work on the last part for more dirt. It was getting dark and COLD. 42 degrees when I got home.
  12. IB Mike

Oddometer:
    Indeed! This is definitely a can't miss event... the folks you'll meet will make the memories... and being able to have some not-so-n00bs to push you to places you'd never dream of going alone and looking back (either from atop your bike or laying on the ground... lol) and saying. "DAMN, I MADE IT!" was a great feeling!

:clap :clap Great job RbA, H8chains, and the rest who make it happen!! :clap :clap
  13. LIL ZING

Oddometer:
    Hey jeff what will this trip require as in sleeping? Will there be camping or will it be hotel's? Thanks for the go ahead on the syn oil. Went to the thread on oil and just confused the shit out of me.:baldy To tell you the truth think that a little slab breaks up the dirt nicely. It's nice to get on the slab and hall ass for a while then get bored and hit the dirt once more. Have to give you props for doing some foot work at this time of year.:vardy
  14. tahoeacr

tahoeacr Long timer

Oddometer:
    As soon as I figure out a cool name I will start a post. I plan on starting all rides from the south shore. Basically, Kingsbury grade(207) and State route 50. Or my house which is .6 mile from that intersection. There's hotels and camping close. Nevada state beach and Zephyr cove campgrounds. I can let some guys camp on my yard. Hope the racoons in the middle of the night don't wake ya. Occasional bear also. I live in a housing track but there is a conservancy lot next door that has a stream thru it. You could call it the all night pub for the animals. There is also a few rental houses in the neighborhood. One is right next door with a jacuzzi. If anyone wants to get together and rent one I can check on the $$.

All oils are pretty good these days. Changing it regularly is far more important. I have been using Mobile 1. Oil analysis shows it breaks down quicker than the big dog oils but I'm not paying the price for that stuff on a daily driver. I have a sample of the Motorex stuff KTM pushes that I need to send off. I just can't see $15 a qt for any engine oil. I'll put Redline in it first.

Glad you think that cause that's how the whole weekend is going to have to be around here.

My better half and I went out yesterday to do some exploring. I took my heated vest this time. 39 degrees just after sundown coming across the valley on the way home.

Here is Fridays ride tentatively. Should be 150+mi. Plenty of places to chicken out and slab it back or go for nice canyon rides on the street.

Crap! Yahoo maps is down right now. You can go to the satelite view and see all the dirt roads. I'll try and post it later. I gotta go ride. Going to try Leviathan mine road that goes off of 395. Goes down to Markleville.
  15. tahoeacr

tahoeacr Long timer

Oddometer:
    Problems with looking for good trails this time of year
    [​IMG]

Guess we won't use this one
    [​IMG]

That's steeper than it looks. Came around an uphill corner and found this ice-river. Just filled my tank too!
  16. LIL ZING

Oddometer:
    That's something I didn't think I would get to see the 990 on it's ear.:rofl Your crazy.
  17. tahoeacr

tahoeacr Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm starting to ride harder and have more fun. Strange it's getting it's ears drag more. That was a bitch to pick up with a full tank on a hill full of ice.
  18. IB Mike

Oddometer:
    Been there, done that!! Fully loaded bags, and the head was resting in a rut, making it that much harder to try and get under it to get some leverage. Did I mention 20 miles off the main road, riding by myself, 1.5 hours before sunset?

[​IMG]

Was was in the process of using a cut-off stump to try and get some leverage to get it upright...

[​IMG]

(the pictures look black & white because the cold was messing with my camera)

Thankfully a hunter came by and helped me out.

Don't get me started on me backing the bike off the snow and into the (soft) sand and telling him I was good to go... and after he left and I got my Jessie mount pounded back into place and tried to take off... <doh>

[​IMG]
  19. IB Mike

Oddometer:
    Indeed!! Bravo RbA!! :clap
  20. IB Mike

Oddometer:
    So who dethroned me as Most Crashed n00b? Anyone roll around on the ground more than 4 times?