2nd nOOb vaLLey raLLy - Nov. 7 to 9 2008

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by NSFW, Nov 10, 2008.

1. IB Mike

IB Mike AKA Yukon Cornelius

Oddometer:

Looks like there was a lot more loose rock in that spot than there was last year.

[​IMG]

(photo taken after picking up my bike... lol)
  2. IB Mike

Oddometer:
    That was bad-ass!!

Zing is my hero!! :clap
  3. LIL ZING

LIL ZING Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well we will just have to see how many people we can get together. That in itself will be a challenge cuz people are in then out. How is the notorious RBA doing havent heard from him in while.

Well Mike if you only knew you would change your mind, so guess you'll have to come back and we can all go on a ride and you can find out for youself.:rofl
  4. tahoeacr

tahoeacr Long timer

Oddometer:
  5. Redbull Addict

Redbull Addict I need another one...

Oddometer:
    Hey Mike!

How the hell are you?!? It's good to see you on advrider again!

All good on my end...I'm still working on the 3rd video and once complete I'll try to merge all 3 into 1. That's when I'll send Zing the DVD. :deal
  6. IB Mike

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I've been around. In case you missed the thread, here's what I was up to this summer Alaskan Titty Bar Tour Thread (not to brag or anything, but amazingly enough, it just jumped into the top 20 most read ride report threads, with 203K views. I'm sure it is more for the name than the riding... it's all about the marketing! :evil )

The videos are amazing... reason enough to come back next year! Zing inspired me... I WILL do Mengel next time!! (now I know the secret... "fuck it, go straight! :ear ) :deal
  7. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    can't go wrong there mike...we men are always looking for cheap entertainment.

mike can you make next springs nOObs ride? possibly march! also check out the Assault on Tahoe Ride under the regional - west section.
  8. IB Mike

Oddometer:
    March is a no go, I've got to fly back to the Alabama for a 10 day course for getting selected for promotion to E-9, then to San Antonio for a conference, and then back here for the Tokyo Marathon on the 28th.

Might be getting stationed elsewhere before next fall, so maybe I'll have a shot at making it if there is another run in Nov.
  9. Redbull Addict

Oddometer:
    Alright...I'm spent...As you'll see, I had to reuse a bunch of footage. Anyway, I now need to combine the little vignettes into one cohesive video and then into a DVD for Zing. Not sure the 3rd one came out that great but i love that last shot of Davebro.

Cheers!

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="https://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008092306.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashVars" value="s=ZT0xJmk9NDMyMzU2NjY2Jms9a0ZVWm4mYT02NTYwOTU1X2pUWGZTJnU9cmVkYnVsbGFkZGljdA==" /><embed src="https://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008092306.swf" flashVars="s=ZT0xJmk9NDMyMzU2NjY2Jms9a0ZVWm4mYT02NTYwOTU1X2pUWGZTJnU9cmVkYnVsbGFkZGljdA==" width="640" height="360" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

:ear
  10. xdbx

xdbx Motorcycle Connoisseur

Oddometer:
    Redbull, you're an extremely talented man! Each of the videos came out very well, don't be so critical! As a lurker, you're making this event seem extremely attractive and well publicized! I hope that was one of your goals!

Thank you for putting the time in! :clap
  11. IB Mike

Oddometer:
    I've got a couple short clips from last year you could substitute in... lol
    Can't remember who's in them... taken out around Chloride somewhere. :evil

Can't check out the video from work... gotta wait until I get home... can't wait to see #3!! :clap
  12. LIL ZING

LIL ZING Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Way to get it done RBA I didn't want the video to stop. It was well worth the price. That DVD should get me though the wet season. Still not sure how you do it.:clap
  13. Redbull Addict

Oddometer:

Thanks dude! I just burnt the first DVD just to try it. It looks fairly good on TV. I'll even add some pics as a "special feature". :D

I should have something for you by the end of the week.
  14. Redbull Addict

Oddometer:
    Thank you! I really appreciate the compliment.
  15. BrassAss

BrassAss Lost, but not forgotten

Oddometer:
    Redbull, I'm a video producer and see a lot of motocycle videos put up by riders. This is one of the best one's so far... good selection of music, nice slow mo when it called for it, no unnecessary transitions just to use them. Nice job! I've passed it along to my other riding buddies. What did you use to record your footage?:clap:clap:clap
  16. Redbull Addict

Oddometer:
    Hi BrassAss,

Thanks for the compliment. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the results. I started out this summer trying to put some videos together from some of the rides we've done. I'm still learning but the $50 software is becoming a hindrance now. I think I'd like to try something better.

As far as equipment, it was mostly handheld digital still camera's which have a video option and a VIO POV.1 for the helmet cam shots.

Casio
    [​IMG]

Panasonic
    [​IMG]
    Not exactly the right model, we had the TZ5.

VIO POV.1
    [​IMG]
  17. BrassAss

Oddometer:
    How do you like the Vio POV? I've been toying getting one of those. I'm getting ready to do some video for a couple of motorcycle related clients and thought we might put some POV shots in the video. We use all HD cameras, and since these videos are going on the web, we can use non-HD lens. Your footage looked great, so we may try that. Thanks for the reply.
  18. ErrinV

ErrinV D Boon!

Oddometer:
    {Hijack On}
    I've got Vio POV too. I'm pretty happy with it. I've shot a couple of videos with it both on my bike and motorcycle. PM me and I'll send you the links. I'm an Avid Editor and for my money it's a pretty good compliment to a regular HD Video recorder. They were at the LA moto show this weekend. The rep I spoke to said that they were working on a "Higher Definition" version, but there was no info on when it would be available.

Sorry RBA for the hijack.

{Hijack Off}

19. Redbull Addict

Oddometer:

Overall I like it but its far from perfect. The image is fair at best. The colors are a little dull and the image is not crisp. Our handheld digital still cameras take better video. The wide angle on the POV is appreciated and it doesn't suffer any issues from vibrations. Setting the unit to record via the remote can be a challenge because you think you either turned it on or off and it doesn't take. So you either record too much or nothing at all.
  20. BrassAss

Oddometer:
    Hell, that's a problem with even the best of cameramen... I can't tell you how many times one of our guys comes back from a live shoot and we see them focus in on the subject and then the camera turns off. Then we see the ground moving and then focus in on subject and then the camera turns off.:rofl