2stroke Trial Hybrid

Discussion in 'Americas' started by PDXbcn, Sep 27, 2020.

1. PDXbcn

PDXbcn n00b

Oddometer:
    Hello, I love in Portland Oregon and recently got a 1998 Gas Gas pampera which is a trials enduro cross. It gets around 30 miles per gallon. I would like to ride it on some trips to the coast (100miles) and around Oregon first before anything big. Does anyone think it could be suitable for any longer distance? Just getting into this type of riding. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto Sloppy 300 rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    It is not the best choice for that job. That bike is best suited for rough singletrack riding.
  3. Sjoerd Bakker

Sjoerd Bakker Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like a neat ,small, light agile bike for playing around in very rough challenging terrain . Being basically a bike derived from the gymnastics of observed trials it should be easier to manhandle out of a bind than a big dual sport bike should it get mortally stuck in a tree or a mud hole where the engine is insuffiecient .
    But if it gets 30 miles/ USgal, what is your actual range on a tank ? Being of trials origin where fuel tanks often look as if they are mere cupfulls , enough to get through a section to the waiting jerry can of pre-mix for a top up, how useful will it be for a long loop of back woods riding as you imply you want to do ? A bigger tank would seem in order .
  4. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    Suitable?? Maybe not the first (or 2nd or 3rd) choice, but it could be made to work. Some of the most entertaining ride reports are those featuring rides on motos most would consider unsuitable for the job at hand. I for sure wouldn't try to ride sustained freeway speeds - read up on seized two stroke motors and get good at changing jetting to suit conditions.
  5. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    Villa Maria Sanitarium, Claremont, CA. USA
    Not suitable at all. Too low geared. Can't carry enough. Hopeless at sustained high cruising speeds. 100 miles isn't enough range.
    It's a bike I would carry on the back of my motorhome for fun within one hour of camp.
    djroszina likes this.
  6. djroszina

djroszina Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Most fun you’ll ever have on a bike going SLOW