2up from YVR to PEI to get married!!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by TriplePete, May 23, 2006.

1. TriplePete

TriplePete Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well my fiance wanted to elope and get married in PEI, specifically at Anne of Green Gables. I said, OK, but on one condition that we ride across Canada to do it:deal

First she opposed, but after some thought she agreed. Now I have to do some research. So, when is the best time to ride Eastern Canada. We would like to avoid rain and hot humid climate if possible. Would May / June be OK? I have experienced the gross humidity of Toronto and I don't much care for it. Like to spend a day or 2 in Montreal and Quebec City also.

I am planning for 2 weeks of saddle time and another for the wedding. Fly back and toss the Strom on a train back to BC. We still have to book the wedding, but that will be the only time constraint.

Any advice regarding on bike shipping would be helpful too!
    Another option is to sell the bike and leave it in PEI. Anyone interested in a K4 DL1K with full set of Shad hard bags over there????

Cheers
    Peter
  2. Pig-Pen

Pig-Pen (Formerly KTMike)

Oddometer:
    Hey Fury,

I took a look at your profile and see you ride an FZ1. If she's willling to ride on the back of that across Canada, she must really like you. :rofl

I'd go late June. Humidity around the Great Lakes is hit and miss all summer. It's not actually ever humid if you don't stop. When you get to North Bay (assuming you're not coming via the US) follow the Ottawa river to Ottawa. It's some nice scenery and tends to be a little cooler than cutting further south into Toronto.

As far as the bike goes, shipping back to BC is going to cost some $$. If you don't have any emotional attachment to the bike, you may want to advertise it in the Auto Trader out east while enroute and check to see if there are any takers, or leave it with someone to sell for you. Either way your going to have to low ball the price to ditch it fast or shell out the $ to get it back. Check with a Harley dealer in the area your heading to. Harley usually ships their bikes out on disposable sheet metal pallets which the dealers toss for scrap. They make great platforms for shipping.

Good luck.
  3. TriplePete

Oddometer:
    Actually, I traded the FZ1 in after my Mexico trip. We have a K4 DL1000 with hard bags now. This is the general route:

[​IMG]

I am not attached to the bike so selling it would be preferable. Another idea is if I can store it someplace so I can fly back later and ride it back later.

Anyone back east want to buy a 2004 DL1000 next year with around 24,000kms on it?:deal
  4. TriplePete

Oddometer:

Thanks Dave, I remember the fun times at the CCC. I may take you up on that offer if I don't sell it. You or your family members are welcome to ride it whilst in PEI! Where in PEI do your folks live?