3 Bad Hombres go south of the border to Copper Canyon, Mexico

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Yinzer Moto, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Sherwin84

Sherwin84 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Completely awesome report boys. I pulled up youtube and watched full-screen videos for the full enjoyment. Thanks for the documentation!!
    OU812 and Yinzer Moto like this.
  2. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Sweet !...just got back from Urique.

20190320_182603.jpg 20190319_165229.jpg 20190320_140308.jpg
  3. Shaggie

Shaggie Unseen University Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great report

Thanks from NZ

S :super
    Yinzer Moto and OU812 like this.
  4. VTbeemer

VTbeemer Traveler Supporter

Oddometer:
    Again really great to meet you guys down there. So neat to randomly run into other ADV riders on these kinds of rides. Especially when running solo in an area such as the CC.

Trying to keep up on worn out dual sport tires I was really missing my WR down there.
    Just got back from a week in Death Valley on it. Let me know next time I can meet up with you again.

The 3 bad HOMBRES
    & my WR in DV

Dan 20190319_083021.jpeg 20190328_141903.jpeg
  5. ThomasM-TX

ThomasM-TX Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Awesome report guys. Y'all checked out of Mexico just as we were checking in. Literally within a couple minutes judging by the GPS tracks. Just got back from 10 days on GSs covering a lot of those same places. Third time in a year to be down in CC adding a couple new spots each time. Low road to Bahuichivo was awesome and new to me this time too. Wrong turn from Yoquivo to Bato was not so much fun on a GSA, but it'll be the right turn next time on the 250. Glad you like it as much as the rest of us that spend lots of time down there and wrote them up and posted the pics. Heading back on the 250 in November, before the frost sets in with any luck. Your report gave me a few more spots to add to the list for my next trips, so thanks for that!
    OU812 and Yinzer Moto like this.
  6. drifteast

drifteast Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm late to the party on this one, had it bookmarked for a while and finally got around to reading it. Fantastic report, guys! :super Loved the photos and all the extra info, very helpful. And 3 WR's just made it that much better - makes me think I could do this eventually. Thanks for taking the time!
    Yinzer Moto likes this.
  7. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto aka: trailer Rails Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks.

I looked one of the videos the other day, to share, and it brought back a lot of memories of that trip. I really want to go back again.

If you can make it happen, that place is dual sport paradise.
  8. perrogordo

perrogordo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wish the road map was better..such as chronological. .that elevation map is useless...I've been down to batopilas and urge but for the life of me I can't figure out your trip map...just sayin
  9. cwc

cwc . Supporter

Oddometer:
    I've been there a few times and had no problem with it. If you have the E32 maps you will find them easier to follow. There are way more place names on the E32 and that can be confusing when looking a a small map segment.
    The elevation chart shows the start and finish of the trip and the elevation changes between them. If you have the right software and the original file you can determine the elevation at a specific point on the track. Otherwise it's just an indicator of the elevations you are likely to see.
    Yinzer Moto likes this.
  10. Yinzer Moto

Yinzer Moto aka: trailer Rails Supporter

Oddometer:
    As Charlie said, e32 maps, if you have them, it will be pretty easy to recreate. I would not try recreating without those on your GPS.
    OU812 likes this.