3 Day Ride in Central/Eastern WV

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by rdr1144, Sep 10, 2019.

1. rdr1144

rdr1144 n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi Everyone,

Looking forward to kicking off this three day ride around Central and Eastern WV and through the Monongahela National Forest for a ~450 Mile round trip ride. Going to spend the first night in Elkins, then down to Fayetteville will be the longest day ~190 miles. I planned the route to hit the most amount of dirt roads and unmaintained roads as possible to run on dual-sport bikes. I will post pics and ride report next week sometime after completing it. Looking forward to the adventure. Route pic and preliminary GPX routes are below. If you have any suggestions of places to stay or eat in Elkins or Fayetteville please let me know. We may try to stop for lunch and fuel up in Marlington.

ride_map.png

Attached Files:

wwm66 likes this.
  2. Sonny S.

Sonny S. Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like a nice ride. What would you say the percentage of unpaved is?
  3. rdr1144

rdr1144 n00b

Oddometer:
    I have not rode it yet but based on 2014 WV County level map details it is probably 80-90% unpaved by my estimates. Will let you know sometime next week.
  4. FDSR_MIKE

FDSR_MIKE Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm familiar with most of this area and surrounding. Send me a message and I'll help you out with other routes as well.
  5. FDSR_MIKE

FDSR_MIKE Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just looked at some of.your gpx tracks...I can put you on more off-road if that what your looking for. Some of the roads on your proposed route may be gated