3 days - 530KM - Bulgaria off road - Borovets to the Rhodopes mountains

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Willybanjo, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Willybanjo

Willybanjo www.BulgariaBikeShipping.com

Oddometer:
    July this year I was treated to a little trip of a lifetime.

Our guides in Bulgaria ( BBSADVENTURE.COM) and their mates took me on a mega ride deep into the heart of Bulgaria. Some very easy logging routes and open plains to hardcore off-piste enduro whilst we battled through the forests.

The day started in Samokov, 9km from Borovets main ski resort following some old Ottoman highways, after 2 glorious lakes and a fuel stop... 130KM later we started to climb to eagles view. ( video 2)

I rode the SWM RS 300 R and she didn't miss a beat, great bike and finds traction where the other bikes couldn't.

Bulgaria is over 80% wilderness with tracks and trails that you could not ride in a lifetime, The Gorge at Trigrad and surrounding trails where on the most part big bike-friendly, as I was with a load of crazy Bulgarian riders on enduro bikes, we took the hard road for some of it.

adventure bike rider count = zero
    Epicness = 100%

Here are part one and part 2 of the trip. I hope you guys like it and it captures a little of this amazing and incredibly bike-friendly country

Attached Files:

DCrider, Michhub, yokesman and 2 others like this.
  2. Willybanjo

Oddometer:
    Day 2 and the part 3 video of our amazing ride to the Rhodopes. After a hearty breakfast in the Hotel Trigrad, we set off on what was to be one of the ultimate rides I have ever ridden. This video is the first couple of hours of tough enduro with a very steep slippy single track, plenty fallen trees Luckily the lads look after me and the SWM even with is pretty worn tires did the business.

Hope you like, please check back for the next installment :)
    Michhub likes this.
  3. Willybanjo

Oddometer:
    Part 4 of our 3 mountains #dirtbike #adventure to the Rhodope mountains of #Bulgaria from Borovets and the Rila mountains. what goes up, must come down. an epic descent with some tough enduro thrown in....after which we stumbled upon some lunch in what we thought was an abandoned town. Great reception and meatballs, with some heavy rock music thrown in.

part five coming soon !

4. Willybanjo

Oddometer:
    Part 5 of our trip to the Rhodope mountains. Starting the day before in Samokov, via Borovets, Velingrad and on towards Tirgrad. What an amazing location, what a stupendous ride. Adventure bike-friendly area, but with no adventure bikes, !! This was just as small part of day 2's ride.

This was just as small part of day 2's ride. The second part of the day after lunch... yes it just got silly stunning. !! Tough ole day, but this part was mainly adv bike friendly, what place, reminded me a little of the Theth in Albania, but there where only a few Bulgarian tourists!

Subscribe to see more as part 6 is coming soon

5. IKT

IKT A High Maintenance Manchild

Oddometer:
    I cant think of a country with better conditions for enduro riding.

You can ride pretty much in any direction you like, just avoiding the National Park areas.

Even cops wont brake your balls (when on-road), here all black tires are street legal, people are friendly even if get in their un-fenced property by mistake.

There are no grizzly bears, mountain lions, wolves, rattle snakes or killer shrimps.

Almost the whole country is mountainous and you can ALWAYS find someone to drink with.

Cheers!
    Suncoaster likes this.
  6. Willybanjo

Oddometer:
    I couldn't have summed it up better... Although there are definitely wolves the bears I've been assured are vegetarian :)