3 Step Desert Rendezvous

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by DingWeed, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Podzo's PD

Podzo's PD Long timer

Oddometer:
    Two more days and I will be leaving on the KLR. A surprise snow this morning. . . Monarch Pass will be fun Thursday morning. Anyone riding with me?:roflI will bet there will be a lot more snow on the pass than last year. DSCN1236.JPG 1.JPG
    psmcd, TaZ9 and Mr Head like this.
  2. TaZ9

TaZ9 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Two days ago the weather was like this...
    20190426_122903-1.jpg
    Today it looks like this...
    20190410_145239.jpg
    Hopefully the mountain passes will be clear Thursday morning for the drive out to 3 Step.

Ride safe,

Taz9
  3. Podzo's PD

Podzo's PD Long timer

Oddometer:
    Heading out tomorrow morning from Canon City. Not sure I will make it over Monarch Pass. Even Dallas Divide doesn't look that good. Wish me luck.:baldy The first picture is Monarch. camera.jpg camera (1).jpg
  4. Patj551

Patj551 Motorcycle & Empowerment Coach

Oddometer:
    Sorry I had to bail on this awesome gathering. I was looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones. I am honored to have been chosen for the final episode of Toyota’s Make Up to Mud and am being flown to Vegas for the Supercross finales and release of the video.

Hope you all have a spectacularly great time and post lots of pictures & vids!!
  5. Podzo's PD

Podzo's PD Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry, Scott, looks like the weather will not allow me to head out. 37 and rain in Canon City and 20 and snow packed over Monarch Pass. 29 in Gunnison. Just to hazardous and cold for this old motorcyclist. All packed and the weather is too bad. camera.jpg DSCN1243.JPG
  6. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    My dad will be down there tonight and I'll get there early tomorrow AM. Looking forward to it!
    Assfault likes this.
  7. Colorado Uli

Colorado Uli Must I?

Oddometer:
    0FE5FC06-9AAD-44D0-8A03-BD4FD3A0EE99.jpeg 6420F965-B3B5-43D9-8671-B0E27FCF9EF7.jpeg F438DB6F-8C9E-40FE-BFB7-A2BA0293D1CD.jpeg CA251CAA-17D9-45E3-94BB-02D12B445D5A.jpeg 6B1FB5A9-A1C5-4AE8-8BE3-32C209710B40.jpeg B42ECCA5-F8BE-45F3-881D-FFD9F9958FFF.jpeg E9516991-8B64-482C-A706-1E3416830936.jpeg Oi! That was a great long weekend.
    So many tho thank for it, but let me start with Julie and Scott. You are becoming like family and I just can’t wait to bring my better half over for a visit someday soon.

Mark Zink, who guided us all weekend (and who’s not on ADVrider) blew my mind with all his local knowledge of tracks and trails.
    psmcd, TaZ9, ADV3144 and 6 others like this.
  8. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great event, thanks everyone!
    Assfault likes this.
  9. CSpringsRider

CSpringsRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thank you to Scott and Julie for a fantastic event. And thank you to all the inmates who shared their stories, laughs and knowledge. This event is definitely a keeper!
    Alden
    TaZ9 and Assfault like this.
  10. DingWeed

DingWeed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    F2C9DDE2-19CA-48BB-B0D9-EDA9308E8818.jpeg Thanks to everyone for a FANTASTIC weekend get together!!
    Looking Forward to seeing everybody in September for the 3 Step Alpine Rendezvous!!!......all the higher elevations will be open to ride!!

Thanks to Tewster 2 for this Great pic!
    Ducatijim, eddyturn, psmcd and 7 others like this.
  11. DingWeed

DingWeed Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Announcing the 2nd Annual 3 Step Alpine Rendezvous!!

September 26-29, 2019

We will be able to get up in the mountains to higher elevations!

Price for the Rendezvous is $225.00 and includes:
    3-Suppers, 3-Breakfasts, 3-nights camping, nightly campfires, showers, and unlimited use of the shop and facilities.

Not included but available for additional cost: Cabins, Tepee’s, gasoline, and cold drinks. Please see our Cabin and Tepee prices here: www.3stephideaway.com

If you signup for the Rendezvous and would like to stay in a Cabin or Tepee, enjoy a 20% discount for that cabin or Tepee for those nights.

Here at 3 Step we are totally “Off Grid”, so we must limit this event to a few dozen people.

To reserve your spot.....please email Scott at: scott@3stephideaway.com

Looking Forward to a Awesome get together!!!

See you soon!!
    Scott
    Mr Head likes this.
  12. AtomicGeo

AtomicGeo Don Cheto #1 Fan

Oddometer:
    Radiator still full. Cup from oil drain today

20190506_165402.jpg
  13. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did it start after the oil change?

I'm still amazed it ran so long after the water crossing without any issues. Hopefully a day drying out and fresh oil get it done. Keep us posted.
  14. AtomicGeo

Oddometer:
    Yes, started up right away after draining and first fill with fresh oil. No error codes or stalling when put in gear. There was way more than 1-liter of oil (normal volume). It had to have come from the water crossing and not a bad seal from the coolant impeller.
    I am going to do what Sy suggested: at least three more oil changes, each time running the engine and crank a little longer.

Thank you and your dad and Brian for all that you did to tow the bike out to the outpost and then the retrieval later that night.
    Assfault likes this.
  15. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not a problem, glad it all worked out. Good riding with you!
  16. RideFreak

RideFreak Torque Junky

Oddometer:
    :nod The drain wasn't draining and the crankcase vent is right next to the drain at the bottom of the airbox so instead of going out on the ground it drained back into the motor, took 40 miles to turn to oily steam and blow back out and foul the sensors. We should have realized all that when we saw the big puddle in the airbox.

[​IMG]
    TaZ9 and Assfault like this.
  17. GJ650Rider

GJ650Rider Slick Rock

Oddometer:
    It was a "splashing" good time riding with you all. Hopefully we can all get together again in the near future.
    RideFreak likes this.
  18. AtomicGeo

Oddometer:
    Great pic of the splash. RF, you are right...air box drain should've at least worked.

Water alot deeper than it looked riding.
  19. ADV3144

ADV3144 Diggin it

Oddometer:
    Want to thank Scott, Julie and Tim for a great gathering, hospitality and trail rides!!!
    TaZ9 likes this.
  20. TaZ9

TaZ9 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Another fantastic 5 days in Utah attending the 2nd annual 3 Step Hideaway Desert Rendezvous. As usual, the weather was perfect, the food was fantastic and the scenery was amazing! It was good to see many of the first Desert Rendezvous alumni return, and to meet lots great folks for the first time. As usual, I took lots of photos and will be posting them here as I sort through them all. Hope you enjoy viewing them and will post pictures that you may have taken. Thanks to Scott and Julie for all their efforts in putting together another memorable event. The days really flew bye, and I am already looking forward to my next visit. It was great to meet everyone. Take care and ride safe.

Ron Petitt/akaTaz9

DSCN1159 (2).JPG

Attached Files:

RideFreak, kennyh and psmcd like this.