1. eNewsletter Sign Up

33 1/3 N C S + Cuba

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Throttlemeister, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    This is why your rr's are fun to read, who else sleeps in ditches, runs tires until they are dangerously low (crashes with flats and still keeps using them..even with old and odd tubes), drinks like a mofo and still manages to keep smiling in the morning.

Let er rip John :freaky
  2. bananaman

bananaman transcontimental

Oddometer:
    Wait a second... you're gone?

:clap:clap:clap:clap

Next time before you go, call me!
  3. redone

redone That Guy

Oddometer:
    :super rock on
  4. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    More updates done to post #531 and who'd a thought you are limited to 40000 words of text, so here it is split up:

11/20
    Didn't plan on fixing it here but Luis had a friend that was pretty good at fixing stuff soI pulled the muffler and we loaded up on his two wheeler and went to work on the exhaust early that morning.
    Fixed my busted up supertrapp in the morning, and yes that's an old bomb:huh
    [​IMG]

The core tube needed to be rewelded to its cap piece and then find some more packing to repack the muffler and then we just jury rigged the bottom bolt that holds the mess to the cannister with some washers on the same bolt, not perfect but loads better than what I was running and all without using a TIG welder, not bad.
    Mo better:
    [​IMG]

Looks what's hanging out in the shop, funniest thing to see this big turkey just walking around in the shop:huh:
    [​IMG]

The tres amigos. Luis in the middle, his friend on his right and the owner of the shop on the left. Great guys, I gave them some beer money for the well done job and the packing material.
    [​IMG]
    After that got fixed we headed to Luis's home to have a nice breakfast before taking off into Guatemala in search of Semuc Champey.
    Good food and he had some of the best baby bananas I've ever had sitting in his spare room, they tasted almost sweet, very nice:
    [​IMG]

Sun came out every now and then, but not for long. Glad I have some seal skins, they save my feet everyday:
    [​IMG]
    In a small town along the way, this 3 wheeler got some style, maybe he's got some German blood:lol3
    [​IMG]

I think I headed down HW 5 or something if you can call that, I crossed a ferry for a small fee somewhere along the way the way powered by outboard motors in gun turret like buckets on the corners that can reposition easily depending on the desired direction.
    [​IMG]

The ramp getting off was fairly smooth and slick and the nice ferry guys let me know in their best sign language:
    [​IMG]

The rains would come and go throughout the day, I could see another big patch of weather coming in so I went ahead and decided to fuel for the day and take a break. Had a beer and chatted it up with the locals best I could. Some young kids got there two wheel drive toyota truck stuck in the wet grass beside the road near the station and since it was raining hard no one at the station wanted to help. I watched one of them bouncing on the tail gate and as the rain lightened some I went out to give them the needed push to set them free and was rewarded with big smiles and as I walked back to the canopy I gave em all the strong arm sign and I was a warmly recieved gringo guy on a bike. People helping People, secret of life I think.
    At the station they where selling this workhorse little Honda bikes with racks and barkbusters already there only need to fashion some sort of machete holder and its nearly complete. Maybe the ulitmate SA machine with a big ass fuel tank swapped in along with some rear racks:wink:
    [​IMG]
    My poor glasses got jacked up and broken when I tried to straighten them:cry Seems this happens to me too often, its raining and they fog up and I have to take them off and things get happening and before you know it they are on the ground getting stepped on. I've missed them but made it fairly good without the clear scratched lens ones because I still have my shades which help alot during the days without rain riding.
    [​IMG]

Always on the lookout for new beers, this one was okay.
    I had a beer and moved on:
    [​IMG]
    My game plan for the day was to get to Semuc Champey which was not on the garmin maps and was shown on a LP guide book map but was hard to pinpoint exactly where it would correlate with my other paper map and Garmin so off I went on homing instincts. It was a long day of up and downs in the mountains with some amazing riding and scenery between the rains.
    Went way up into the moutains:
    [​IMG]
    Lots of construction along the day's route trying to straighten out the curvy roads and make them less prone to landslides that are very common down here.
    [​IMG]

My little tienda stops are always very interesting, another machete story goes here:
    I don't eat much when I'm riding long days in the saddle and I don't stop much other than for the occansional picture here and there and then most of those on this ride have been done in motion. I felt like I was ready for a little break and pull up to this unassuming tienda. Soon as you pull up the looking and figuring out starts to happen. Seems first that are waiting for the other rider to show up and look at me like I went off and left my partner. Then I do my standard international order of CocaCola and sometime of name I recognize for a little snack. At this little stop as I tried to talk with the keeper I noticed next door some guys doing a little drinking poking their heads out for a look every now and then. The couple local customers there already seemed like a nice enough lot so we continued on with the sign language translations and pasting of stickers and such. A few of the drinkers came out for pictures and we where having a nice time taking photos and showing them to the locals when as I was standing there by a 4x4 post or something of the like and then all the sudden I hear these big wham against that post and one of the drunkest one wielding a machate had just wacked the shit out of that post near me. I was damn what's going here and quickly the shop keeper grabs the Chinese military looking dude and get him undercontrol while meanwhile I'm looking at the other locals trying to get a vibe about what the hell is up with the machete dude. I quickly get one of my favorite Spanish words 'loco' and the 'heads screwed in the head gesture' and I shortly make my departure with waves and couple blimps of the ole horn and I'm off once again. Don't think he was attacking, more just a show of force because I do believe he'd slapped the flat side of the blade against the post but I didn't really need to stick around and find out the details with the dude. No harm done. I even got a good swig off the hard stuff to chase the pepsi.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The flash got him and his ultra quite reflexes he close his eyes in the nick of time:
    [​IMG]
    It was a fun stop:

[​IMG]
    The bike was ready for the quick exit:
    [​IMG]

I road through lots more of jungle forest like mountainous terrian on my way toward the Pacific:
    [​IMG]
    Very senic again and hard to capture in print.
    I'd written the place off since I thought I never find it and then I see the sign:clap :clap :clap One wet and slimey SOB getting in and out in the rain thou:deal It was one of those "I am the master navigator and nothing can be lost from me" moments in the ride:lol3 [​IMG]

I hit the first little town for some dinner supplies and beers and headed the ~10 K or so up and down slimey mountains down to swimming hole nirvana in the early evening and set up camp in the rain before heading to the swimming hole. I figured out by some local that the place officially closed at half past five but being the only camper there I seemed to be given free access after hours and I took full advantage of it. Forgetting my headlamp was the only mistake I made, but other than that had a wonderful time in the pools.

Life was in perfect harmony, a slightly over inflated 21" front tube will hold me and a beer at the perfect level in fresh water swimming hole:lol3
    [​IMG]:

I liked this place:
    [​IMG]
    The camera just can't capture this uber cool place, kinda like Supai falls down in the canyons but without the difficult hike and lacking the big falls but the water possibly better shade of perfect.
    The rain had things dirty in the river proper:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    After I returned from my swim almost everyone was gone except the last couple of people waiting for their ride back into town. They saw me working on the computer and came over for a look at pictures and then before long there ride had shown and they took off which left me and the security force hanging out until past midnight, playing with Rosetta Stone and BSing the best we could. I thought I had gun play pictures but can't seem to fine them on the harddrive anywhere.

Sleeping in the rain again, it does get easier, BTW I love this tent other than its size it does an amazing job:thumb:
    [​IMG]

11/21
    That morning when I got up, it was still nasty so I moved my stuff over underneath the cover to sort out and load up my gear which was really nice, in retrospect I should have just slept on the cot under the roof but the tourists where still there when I showed up so I put up my tent outside on some type of old foundation to keep it from sinking into the muck.
    [​IMG]

Would totally suck without these socks:
    [​IMG]

The guard shack at Champey taking by the staff:
    [​IMG]

Big day of riding the moutains of Guatemala and making my way to Honduras.

The way to Honduras, good riding day beside the mud and rain.
    Lots of landslide remains being cleaned up along the way and flowing rivers.
    [​IMG]

I love my bike, it takes good care of me even if I'm rough on her:raabia
    [​IMG]

Another little roadside stop and fun was had, this time no machete or hard drinking:lol3
    [​IMG]

Everybody liked the stickers and its fun giving something other than money or candy:
    [​IMG]

Old wavy military style bolt together bridge was cool:
    [​IMG]

Saw the flatlands thankfully once again, the mountains are fun but can be very slow in the weather:
    [​IMG]

This old bridge reminding me of the Little Golden Gate in Beaver, AR:
    [​IMG]

Finally broke out of the muddy mountains and dirt roads to pavement once again and fuel up and washed the crud out of the radiator for good measure, my bike can't stand to get hot you know:
    [​IMG]

Bs'ed a little with a nice couple as the station/car wash for 20 min while the guy did a perfect job washing their cool Mitsubishi Turbo Diesel 4x4. Know back on paved roads without the elevation the miles clicked by faster once again as I made my way snakeing my wat toward the Honduran border near the Caribbean side.

Met a great American at his roadside place here:
    [​IMG]
    less than 20k from the border and he told me about the place to stop ahead of the border proper to check out of Guatemala:clap:
    [​IMG]

Interesting native food:
    [​IMG]
    If you are crossing this way you have to get stamped out of Guatemala some ways ahead of the actual border crossing at a little roadside place. This nice guy is the one who will do the bike paperwork:
    [​IMG]
    You go aways before getting to the Honduran border after checking out of Guatemala, notice the waypoint on the left of the screen:
    [​IMG]

Crossed the Honduras border, was one of the easiest so far:huh
    [​IMG]

Saw these two characters coming from the other way, don't have my book but the guy on the right runs some type of tours in Coban IIRC.
    [​IMG]

Their bikes where an odd pair but as long as your riding:
    [​IMG]

Just me today, I guess the earlier rains had most shutdown:
    [​IMG]
    Check the bike in here and the place for yourself was where the other riders where standing:
    [​IMG]

Wasn't bad at all, needed just a little for me to get in and $35 us for the bike, now getting out is just jacked up beyond belief if you don't speak Spanish but that is another story.

First picture of Honduras:
    [​IMG]

Went into Omoa and got a place to relax and use the internet to check up on things.

Pretty Caribbean Sea:
    [​IMG]

Entering the land of the death heaters, this one worked damn good:
    [​IMG]

11/22
    Where I slept last night, very comfy and decent internet speeds:
    [​IMG]

Hasta lavista Baby! Still not sure on that one. Adios Amigos might be better.

Finished updating this post from Cartagena Colombia Saturday morning.

More roads to ride...

More coming up in a bit while I have some good connection speeds here in Cartagena:clap
  5. Throttlemeister

Oddometer:
    Thanks Ted, I want to look back at this years from now and have a smile on my face from a good laugh:lol3 I don't drink that much, I'm trimming down even.

I was in a little bit of a hurry to catch a boat if you know what I mean. I plan on coming back North and will tap your knowledge of your homeland:deal

I'm having a grand time dude! Just wish I was a faster learning sometimes but I have adventure every day I get up trying to just get across a simple point. It's wild. Hope your foot is coming back to normal, my right ankle is still a little jacked up from Costa Rica.

Thanks for the support guys, I am laying low and catching my breath after the last bit. More coming soon starting with updating the old posts until I run out of room that is....
  6. SmilinJoe

SmilinJoe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey John John! Good to hear from you. Means your still alive!:clap Guess the old Man wont have to use that new passport yet:rofl. Im sure you have been resting your tired ass since you hit SA. How is the Espanol coming along? Hope your having a great time Buddy. Keep the RR coming and try all the cerveca:1drink!
  7. Lexington

Lexington deliciously wicked

Oddometer:
    I hold my breath every time see you've updated the thread. You sure keep things interesting! :clap

Guatemala holds a special place in my heart, as my nephew was born there. I'm thrilled you're heading there.

It's a hell of an adventure you're on!

:rogue
  8. Throttlemeister

Oddometer:
    Yeah buddy, I haven't riding the bike for a few days, been healing up and gathering supplies for me and the bike for the next go round coming up. Who would have thought they have a Grainger Supply house down here with everything you could ever need. Has been nice to rest and really enjoy the trip.

Will do on that last line, I've got me a good spot and a hell of a connection.
    [​IMG]

Guatemala was a nice place with lots of rain and good swimming holes. Look forward to spending more time in your little nephew's homeland.

I guess I just happen to run into interesting things, its all nearly by accident.

**Did the rest of the update for post #564 rest of Guat and into Hon.
    posted from Cartagena living the easy ADV life.
  9. Throttlemeister

Oddometer:
    Not a real update per say but I had a fun time yesterday getting cleaned up. I left Oklahoma on Nov 9th and hadn't shaved since I left. My hair seems to be on a forced mirgration down my back and I was beginning to feel like a chiapet and it was time to get a good cut. My good friend John Pierre new of a guy with years of experience that could hook me up with a makeover.

We where going to do this the night before but somehow it didn't work out with Emilio the barber. These is my hairy look the night before:
    [​IMG]

JP wanting to get that profile mug shot in there as well:
    [​IMG]

So since it didn't work out that night it was planned for the next day around 11am. Emilio showed up at my place and took me over to his place to give me a treatment without being at his regular business so he would get the profit.
    Little did I know but Emilio is more less an alcoholic and he enjoys weed too, and damned if wasn't getting a straight razor shave from this fellow that JP knew and didn't say until it was over:eek1. I chaulk that up there as a need to know intel before going under the knife but alas I survived this not knowing until it was over. For Emilio's sake he has a smooth touch and steady hand and didn't knick me once. The best and only straight razor trim in my life:clap

The start, photos courtesy of John Pierre:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The ears lowerd a bit:lol3
    The final migration on top is nearly complete, I perfer to just keep all the left over stragalers short at this point myself:

[​IMG]

Then use a little bit of this stuff and start the fun part
    [​IMG]
    I was impressed with how steady he was, even more so after he had a smoke:lol3

[​IMG]

Cleaned up good now, JP thinks I look much more serious now:*sip*

[​IMG]

Tight like a tiger now:rofl
    [​IMG]

On another note somewhere along the way, I'm thinking in the engine room of the boat I picked up a metal splinter that I dug out of my left big toe and it seemed to get a little low grade infection that I'm working on with cheap generic cipro and iodine, it fun playing your own doctor. Viva Colombia

My bum big left toe that seems to be getting better:
    [​IMG]

When not busy with other things, I go out and play a little bit of tourist thing. The city and its extensive fortifications are very impressive:
    [​IMG]

How's this for stoplight entertainment, juggling knives on unicycles, I was guite impressed with the site:
    [​IMG]

Notice I got me a new camera, not my beloved pentax but a good waterproof alternative from Samsung that seems to work well so far.

From my Cartagena hideout, resting peacefully:jkam
  10. BeachGuy

BeachGuy Lost in paradise!

Oddometer:
    Aracelly said that the look on your face was one of a person just as they know that they have bleed out. May all the saints be with you.

The after look is much better. Ride on!
  11. SmilinJoe

Oddometer:
    Dude who just had the "smoke"? :lol3 Isn't Colombia known for its coffee or something?:rofl You never cease to amaze with your adventures John! The machete story is some funny crap! Maybe he just wanted a sticker? :lol3 The sticker idea is pretty damn cool though I like it. The photos with the stickers in them are cool. Need to make it a game. Can you find the sticker in this pic game!:clap Take care and keep the hilarious adventure RR coming!
  12. Dr. Benny

Dr. Benny Enjoying the Journey

Oddometer:
    :thumb keep up the good work! Looking forward to your future Volcan Totumo pictures. Just remember to keep your shorts on while in the mud bath :lol3
  13. Throttlemeister

Oddometer:
    Thanks man, I think the ladies like it better this way too:wink:

Tell Celly that I was trying not to breath and had been holding my breath for a long time:lol3

Thanks Mark,
    Lots of drugs still around down here if that's your thing:bubba
    I'm having a good time and I haven't even got the bike off the boat yet:wink:
    Stickers have been more successful than I thouight they would be too. Will have to see what I can do about that game...

Good idea amigo, I wanted to do one more touristy thing before I took off again. Going this morning for that mud bath:deal I am part nudist you know, mud sheaths sounds like some kind of Monty Python episode:rofl

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I had a good update to the last post up until I lost my camera but the internet connection took a dump on me and I lost some work. I will cross post my jumping the GAP the fun way coming up.
  14. Throttlemeister

Oddometer:
    Cross post from Latin Regional Fourm from MG's STEELRAT thread here:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615832

This was my experiece getting across when I thought all hope of sailing on that boat was gone:

*Disclaimer, Not my photos since my poor camera was MIA hopefully had a duel with a couple overloaded banana trucks and is in 1000 pieces instead of in the hands of another:cry

This boat is one badass mofo for the over 100 years old Scooner Class Sailing Vessel. It is tough and highside and you get your own bunk. I wanted to get on the last sailing this season for the SteelRat and just barely made it.

I'd been having a fair amount of tire trouble starting @ the Honduran exit into Nicagura (go figure, was like a small sign). Sadly I left my favorite camera behind in the Costa Rican jungle while changing another flat so no pictures until I got to the boat. I got delayed by other things as well but ended up hanging out in the jungle outside of Coronado Panama, ditching my bike under a powerline and covering it with leaves while I rode the bus for over 5 hours making laps around Panama waiting for a shop with inner tubes to open when I was supposed to be in Carti getting my bike loaded on the SteelRat:cry

I'd been in contact with Captain Ludwig and told him how I'd wanted to get on the boat for this go around and he gave me a solution:
    Go on the Carti Rd and right after the military checkpoint/medical clinic take the Rt turn to the little trail to "Barsukun" that dead ends at a river instead of following the main road to Carti and the airport. I then need to hop a launcha and get taken out to the SteelRat anchored in some idylic setting in the San Blas island chain:clap:clap:clap

No problem, sounds easy enough!

After getting my bike going again on the Nov 26th I went into Panama because at the time I thought that I'd missed the boat for sure. Then that night as Casa de Carmen I got word from Ludwig that I had one last chance to make it but I would have to leave Panama City before six in the morning to allow enough time. So it was decided, I would stop drinking sooner than later and head out first thing in the morning and catch the boat. I sent Ludwig anothe email saying I'd head out first thing in the morning.
    I got up about 4:45am thanks to Rimfry's (the hostel's host) alarm clock and snuck around getting everything loaded on the bike and took off a little before 6am to a nice start. You just get on the PanAm and follow it through Chepo and onto Margarita and then at small town of El Llano where he road out to Carti takes off. This is a mostly paved road and is totally rideable in the rain, although a little steep in places its not so bad. You will come to a toll spot where you must pay $9 dollars to enter for you and your bike. As you get closer to the coast you will come to a river that IIRC is before the military checkpoint where you show your papers. The river has a nice new bridge built across it now and the day I was threre you would have had to take a boat across because the river was moving on. At or near the military checkpoint there was supposed to be a medical clinic too and then almost within site of this place was the turnoff for the road to Barsukun. Now this road is totally different little dirt track that had turned into a river when I got there. There was a swollen creek flowing across and then down the small track that was well over the boots as you ride deep for 50yds or better and then better until you come to a little encampment with a building and carport like structure near a dirty river leading to the sea with a little loading dock are built into the muddy river bank. I was glad to show up making it through the little river on the way to the landing.

I took off my panniers and dry bags and got them loaded into a launcha and then with the help of 3 other guys we brought the bike down near the rivers edge and used some 2x10s to get the bike into the boat. The two Kuna's Indians Jose and the driver Alvie and myself worked our way out of the river to the one of the main kuna island towns and tied up to the loading dock to find out what the plan was now. Jose went to get Aaron, good guy who speaks great English and it kinda like ludwig's ship agent in the San Blas islands. Aaron comes out to say they had been expecting me yesterday but he would see what he could do. Ludwig was out of cellular service but should still be at anchor until tomorrow morning at 5am when the boat would pull anchor and motor for Colombia. Aaron discussed the situation with the islands El heffe (kinda like a harbour master) and it was decided I would pay $50US to go and catch the SteelRat while she was still at anchor. At this time the idea was tossed about changing to a bigger launcha with a 70hp motor instead of the 25hp Alvie had on his boat but the idea of changing the bike over to another laucha at sea did not look attractive so after paying the fee and loading up on fuel for the little motor we took off along the coast in a light rain for what was thought would only be a 1 1/2 hour trip:roflLittle did we know at the time. Other than the light rain which was actually good to keep the salt water off the bike, it was a great time with the four of us onboard as we motored toward the SteelRat's really unknown position amoung the San Blas island chain. I was dying not having a camera to capture the experience as we passed so many of the perfect looking deserted islands. At two hours into our little voyage and maybe 16miles traveled, Aaron and the rest of the crew was beginning to wonder. I just happend to have my little monoculer in my riding jacket and we started scanning the horizon for a double masted ship and spotted one way up ahead that we thought surely was the one and a little relief set in for a moment. As we neared what we thought was the mast of the SteelRat it became evident that it was a mobile phone tower on the shore, damn we all sunk a little lower in the boat. Kinda wondering what to do next and nearing the village of Azucar our good Captain Alvie spotted something on the distant horizon that I struggled to see in the poor weather conditions. We made bearing for that postion not totally knowing if it where right, only hoping because we where now much farther than anyone had thought we'd be going by launcha. We navigated around shallow reefs and as we got nearer we all celebrated when we could finally distinguish the twin masted SteelRat's lines. Aaron yelled "Fuck Yeah" over and over again and handshakes went around as our little celebration continued. As we neared the SteelRat's anchorage we all let out with yelling and hollering to let them know we'd arrived. All the passengers and crew came out on deck to see what the all the commotion was about and saw us coming up along side.

Let the party begin:freaky
    The big Austrian named Ronald who goes by Rollie boarded are super cruizer and got my bike strapped up and ready to load, I still think he should have used my front pannier mounting points because he nearly ripped off the wires for my tank box's power and solar panel connector hooking up to the top triple but they survived if not a little more stretched out:deal

Luckily I was able to download some photos from Josua, an Austrian riding a Blue KTM twin that my bike was strapped too. Thanks dude!
    [​IMG]

The following are some of the pictures he took while I was coming aboard:

Me coming up over the gear, Jose standing middle and the launcha captain Alvie in back, what a ride!
    [​IMG]

My ole bike did well, I added floatation device just incase, Alvie and Jose liked my use of the rubber:rofl
    [​IMG]

The big Rollie coming aboard to tie up my bike and that first beer never tasted so good:1drink
    [​IMG]

Alvie got his too, he was going to savor his a bit:lol3
    [​IMG]

Aaron helping Rollie get ready for the lift, I think I was the 19th bike to come on board for this trip:eek1
    [​IMG]

Coming up from below as I steadied it from below:
    [​IMG]

Flying high now:
    [​IMG]

They got it up and over pretty easy, never saw who was cranking on the winch line:
    [​IMG]

Rollie sorting it out with help from Valdim the Russian and the unknown Mexican national IIRC:
    [​IMG]

Me meeting the Captain Ludwig for the first time:
    [​IMG]

I'd reached a little piece of paradise and had a helluva time doing so, and it was good:
    [​IMG]

Aaron, Jose, Alvie, and myself where given a bottle of rum to "make party" which lasted mere minutes while the celebration of a successful trip to the boat continued on for awhile:freaky
    These two came with me from the start and where great guys, of course lots of credit goes to Alvie for spotting the Rat off in the distance when we where near the end of the line:clap:clap:clap
    [​IMG]

Later in the trip while underway motoring to Colombia Rollie scurried up the front mast to the crownest for some deck shots showing the 19 bikes. me and the Russian made the trip up right to the last part where you have to cut the corner to get in the nest and its no small feat while the mast is swinging back and forth:eek1 Rolie has done it before needless to say:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A ship's file photo under nearly full canvas:
    [​IMG]

Ship's sleeping quarters, I was on the top bunk above the Japanese rider on the bunk facing port to starboard in the main salon. Kinda of a bitch climbing up there barefoot but panniers make good steps thankfully:
    [​IMG]

The upper deck with good seating in front of the pilot house:
    [​IMG]

Damn good food was brought on board for fine dining and plenty of cheap beer and rum to go around:
    [​IMG]

All new to me but I liked it alot:clap
    [​IMG]

:tb[​IMG]
    :dg

Good eating going on:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Damn fine experience I'm glad I got to have. I'd have to say I really enjoyed this sailboat, its where the big adventure is on the open seas:deal
    [​IMG]
    Goodtimes:freaky

Our group photo in Cartagena Harbour at the end:
    [​IMG]

Made some new good friends I hope I get to see more of:freaky

Good choice!

What a fun trip, it had an effect on me...
  15. Newner

Newner Buffering

Oddometer:
  16. lukeman

lukeman Cool Hand

Oddometer:
    Damn that boat ride looked great. I can't believe how many bikers there are on it. Its like a seagoing biker rally! :D
  17. SmilinJoe

Oddometer:
    What a Hell of an adventure on the boat! Glad you got to use your rubber!:rofl:rofl:rofl The photos were great! Like you had your own personnel photographer.:clap What an adventure making the boat. The original John Martin way!:lol3 Keep the adventures coming Buddy. Shit you may never come back! Throttlemeister Hostel! Hell that sounds good!:wink:
  18. trent

trent rambler

Oddometer:
    :clap What an epic adventure John. :lol3 Glad you hit Xilitla on your way down. Really enjoyin this. Thanks for the report.
  19. Throttlemeister

Oddometer:
    Thanks Brain, will be missing the good people at the pub crawl tonight:deal

Yeah this is the primo boat for taking bikes across the GAP, lots of space and you get your own bunk. I think I might be addicted and doing some more SteelRat experience...

It really is a SOB to tie a knot in a lubricated rubber in the rain, Jose had to help me out:lol3 Yeah the pictures are better than I could have got. Money is my biggest factor at this point I do believe. It would be fun to stay on the road for years but I just don't see it happening for me:norton

:waveTrent
    You and Ross already had me talked into Xilitla before I left, it is a not to miss place if you are riding in the area:deal
    I'll be back someday I hope. I just wish I had an uplink on my bike to do this stuff out in the field where I really enjoy myself. More coming man.

Got a little dirty today...
  20. Krabill

Krabill Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lovin' the updates. Keep 'em comin' :clap

:freaky