33 1/3 N C S + Cuba

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Throttlemeister, Aug 11, 2009.

1. farleywilbur

farleywilbur Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the update and glad you are healing up.

Still my favorite trip report of any I have read here.

:clap
  2. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    The 12 screws of Venezuela, these are the ones I liked the least;) and after over a 1 1/2 I finally got rid of this dead weight and it feels really good so far:rayof:wings:thumbup
    [​IMG]

Got a little more osteogenius time coming but I'm finally coming closer to the end of recovery.
  3. matapo

matapo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well done mate!:clap
  4. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    nice hardware:lol3
  5. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Super Supporter

Oddometer:
  6. HighFive

HighFive Never Tap-Out

Oddometer:
    :clap

And the beat goes on . . . .

HF :thumb
  7. MoToad

MoToad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Perfect for an adjustable windshield bracket.:rofl
  8. Dr. Benny

Dr. Benny Enjoying the Journey

Oddometer:
    Had this made up as part of a series for advice on Mexico. Thought you'd appreciate it :lol3

[​IMG]
  9. BeachGuy

BeachGuy Lost in paradise!

Oddometer:
    John all you need now is a nice wooden plaque with your extra parts mounted and a small engraved sign saying " Been there, done that " on it. Long term reminder of what not to do. LOL
  10. backoutonthehighway

backoutonthehighway ATGMOTT/MOTGATT

Oddometer:
    Pretty sure I'd double-matte and frame that!

Glad to see you are healing up and looking forward to reading of new adventures!
  11. WhicheverAnyWayCan

WhicheverAnyWayCan Deaf Biker

Oddometer:
    Gonna catch up with this riding report? :deal Still waiting on you to catch up! :lol3

Wonder what is your plan knowing the current state is in Venezuela?
  12. JoeBlogs

JoeBlogs n00b

Oddometer:
    Hey, good to see that you got your steel out and better for it. Any trips coming up? I'm looking at shipping to Europe early next year. I finally got a chance to get my screws out this year as well, still got one in though, snapped the heads off most of them!

Canadian immigration putting the brakes on the gold mining in the Yukon but hoping to get there in a week or two, catch you later.
  13. Throttlemeister

Oddometer:

Thanks for all the information. I was real happy to get the stuff removed.

Maybe we can compare scars next time I see you. I'm thinking I will need to take the gf up to NF, she needs to see it and I've got some good friends there and along the way:deal

This is still one of the greatest places I every did any ride reporting from and with some of the nicest and most generous people:clap:clap:clap NF Rocks!!!!

[​IMG]

My version of a Mobius Trip, they are a nice way to do it:deal I'm not dead yet, just down for a bit:lol3

I hoping for a tire iron but it may not be tough enough. At the very least it serves as a good reminder of what not to do.

Nice one Ben:clap

Good times:1drink

My dad has an old skeleton in a closet and I think I might just rob the tib/fib and do a little fixation for a nice wall piece:lol3 Hope I won't be needing anymore pieces of that said skeleton in the future:puke1

*Edit 'osteogenesis' My speeling sucks:cry

I'm sure I will come up with something nice for those pieces, I just damn happy they aren't in my leg anymore:wings

Thanks for the kind words:thumb I still have a whole bunch of 'old' adventures to get caught up with first just to get up to that point I crashed out and this whole mess started:rofl

One of this days, it's always something and it never quits. I'll do my best to get it caught up before I get back down to Venezuela and take off on the bike again:deal

I'll just deal with Venezuela when I get there, I hope they keep the gas near free or at least below a dollar. That country above all others in South America has the ability to be the best, I really hope things get better sooner.

Sorry to hear about the hold up with the Canadians, I was thinking about coming up:lol3

Just sent you an email. You're welcome here anytime and I'll be working on getting down under one of these days.

I got the real Big Mexican Whore refit with a newer clutch from Venezuela, new driveshaft, and new super duty subframe with some other bits.

[​IMG]

Yeah I got it back together:deal
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Me and the gf are doing some practicing...
  14. BeachGuy

Oddometer:
    Great to see your back.

Now leave the Girl Friend alone and finish the damn ride report. If this keeps up much longer you won't remember anything except Cheap Gas. I think you must of inhaled to much of it.

All the best to you.

BeachGuy
  15. WhicheverAnyWayCan

Oddometer:
    :clap What Beachguy said! :lol3 :rofl
  16. Throttlemeister

Oddometer:
    That's a very hard thing to do Jeff:rofl She keeps me busy working hard and doesn't quite understand all this ADV stuff just yet:wink: We're headed down to Greenwood, MS this weekend for a wedding and then we are coming down near you on the Coast first of the week to hit the beach and then to the BigEasy before heading home, I've got me a country girl that hasn't got to travel much that I'm going to show the World, hopefully mostly on a bike, but sadly not this go around.

I'll tell her she has to let me get this caught up, maybe's she just a little jealous of all these Colombian, Venezuelan, and Brazilian hotties that are coming up in the report:wink: I'll never be the same....

I'll try:thumb You might just love Colombia as much as me:lol3
  17. WhicheverAnyWayCan

Oddometer:
    Just might?? No, I love it down there!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/niJqL_ywJtw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And FYI, this sign has changed! :deal Something to do with potential lawsuit due to "false advertisement". I forgot the owner's name but I think it started with S? He will have to explain it to you when you get back to Medellin..

[​IMG]

Making my 3rd and final trip to Medellin very soon then the next time I am in Colombia, I will have my bike...

Carnaval de Barranquilla:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  18. -Chris-

-Chris- Long timer

Oddometer:
    Waiting patiently... :deal
  19. BeachGuy

Oddometer:
    Might have to wait a little longer. John and his lady are in Orange Beach visiting the beach and we just got through visiting the Naval Aviation Museum at Pensacola Naval Air Station. The poor old cripple just went to take a nap.
    [​IMG]
    Sorry iPhone photo, you get what you get.
  20. XICAQUE

XICAQUE Q' pedo?

Oddometer:
    Colorado Springs, CO Yes, we are full, move on
    Very nice! You sure have a sense of adventure! I would follow you any day!:freaky