1. ImaPoser

ImaPoser adventure imposter

Oddometer:

I'm about 25 miles NW of Cincy. But, by that time on a Friday, I'm about 200 miles south of cincy. :dunno
  2. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Sorry - just catching back up here.

So when are you arriving, picking up the bike, etc.? :ear

I think you said you planned to leave Columbus early on Saturday.

Dave
  3. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Cool - when it gets closer, if you need something let us know.

Dave
  4. dougfromindy

dougfromindy I smell premix

Oddometer:
    This is TRUE, I avoid riding in Ohio, police are everywhere !
  5. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    While we're not normally anti-social pricks, well , except for Bueller, and he's getting much better, it would help if you would give us some dates/times. Unless I missed it, your first post said "in a couple weeks". I know a couple usually means 2, but not always.

:ear
  6. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Sorry - I'm working til 5, so not much would work out.

Don't know which side of town you are headed out from, but the 270 outerbelt can be a better bet than the routes through town. 71 is a real beast at that hour. 315 is better north/south route.

Dark is right at 8:00, which will put you in Cincy/Covington if you leave about 5:30 or so. Watch out for deer - they are not too bad on the interstates, but everywhere else the little bastards abound.

Dave
  7. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:
    I wish I would have known. Columbus is my hometown and I was just there last week. I drove my truck home empty Sunday afternoon.

I would go to Iron Pony if I were you, it is an amazing place 100,000 Sq. Ft. + of nothing but motorcycle accessories. No bikes, just gear. It will blow your mind. They are on Westerville Road just 15 minutes from the airport. They are open 7 days a week.

1/2 hour east of the airport in Pickerington is the AMA HQ and museum. Cool place and a great way to spend an hour or two.

An hour west of Columbus is the Airforce museum, this place is AMAZING, but you will need a half day or more. You will not be able to tear yourself away any quicker. It is one of my favorite places on earth.

So what bike are you picking up?
  8. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:
    I would also pick a more nothern route and cross the Mississippi in Cape Girardeau. Go 30 miles west of Cape and then start going SW until you are home. These roads will be awesome. That route you picked gets super boring past Princeton KY. That 80 miles or so on I55 is horrible.
  9. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    Glad you made it here and back safely!