390 Adventure owners thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by inroads, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Robotaz

Robotaz Adrenalin Freak

Oddometer:
    Do 6’+ guys all put risers on to be able to stand up? Also wondering if legs a little cramped while seated.

I have access to one suddenly, so I’m trying to figure out if this will work. Thanks in advance.
  2. LC.Kevo

LC.Kevo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Many, but not all, are putting bar risers on. When you stand up with the stock bars you have to hunch over to reach them. Some are also putting on lower pegs if they have longer legs. I find the pegs fine myself, but YMMV. I'm right at 6' BTW.
    Robotaz likes this.
  3. Maxacceleration

Maxacceleration Off the grid

Oddometer:
    Has anyone found, or had KTM supply a proper softback owners manual for the 390 Adv yet?

Downloading a shitload of 8 1/2 x 11 for an owners manual is inexcusable (which I have done).

You spend Thousands for a new bike, a softback owners manual is/should be a given.
    I like to stick my OM in a ziplock bag and bring it along. Especially with todays electronics, suspension settings etc.
  4. FloppyArmadillo

FloppyArmadillo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My dealer gave me a big fabric KTM portfolio thing with all sorts of paperwork and a physical owners manual. Weird that different dealers don't get those.
    LC.Kevo and Ducksbane like this.
  5. FloppyArmadillo

FloppyArmadillo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm 6'1 and no problems. Seated feels fine, a touch cramped but I hardly notice. Standing was awkward before bar risers, feels natural now
    Robotaz likes this.
  6. jep111

jep111 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mine too! That said, I have both the OM and Service manual on my iPhone.
  7. Maxacceleration

Oddometer:
    I need to do that. I guess thats the 2021 way. Showing my old school put it on paper ways.
    78er and Downhill Rider like this.
  8. Unhingedlizard

Unhingedlizard Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not alone there Max. I have the workshop manuals for both my bikes printed, laminated and in a ring binder!
  9. Maxacceleration

Oddometer:
    I have my owners manual printed in a 3 ring binder too. But it does not fit in my travel gear (obvious sarcasm).
    If KTM can't give an owner a simple owners manual and their shit goes to India and China, I am done with KTM.
    The 490 Adv twin better be good.
    Unhingedlizard likes this.
  10. jep111

jep111 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    KTM did include a printed OM. Apparently, your dealer did not think it was important to pass on to you. Perhaps you should find out why?
  11. mminob

mminob MotoHolic

Oddometer:
    These Kenda Big Block Paver tires are on sale at Kenda Online Store at $ 40 bucks a piece so thought I would try them out and they work pretty good for the streets... They had older date codes 2018 ? and are a belted carcass , stiff sidewalls with a hard compound rubber... At 25 psi handles great on roads, 20 psi on dirt roads will help a little bit... really enjoying this sweet thumper :thumb IMG_20210727_113429272_HDR.jpg IMG_20210727_113444915_HDR.jpg
    OldTomRides and TwilightZone like this.
  12. Maxacceleration

Oddometer:
    I bitched at my dealer for a week during my purchase (a year ago now) for a owners manual. They said an owner must go online and print one out (8 1/2 x 11 paper). My dealer actually did that for me.

I'll drop my quest for a carry-able owners manual, and load it on my phone, should there be enough room on my phone.
  13. corbob

corbob Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    How do they do offroad, especially loose gravel and sand? Tires are making their way up the list and I want something that doesn't give up too much road performance.

I was leaning toward the Mission Trailmax but they don't have this sweet price...
  14. LC.Kevo

LC.Kevo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I got the same from my dealer.
  15. LC.Kevo

LC.Kevo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Where did you end up finding the service manual? I’d love a PDF version but haven’t found one yet…
    Dealer would be happy to charge me for one I’m sure…
  16. bikemoto

bikemoto Tyre critic

Oddometer:
    The phone version is the carry-able version. Not just the owners manual, but the parts books and service manual, and my service logs as well. For all the bikes. I rarely use paper versions of anything. The garage computer made the bookstand obsolete ten years ago.
    Maxacceleration likes this.
  17. Unhingedlizard

Unhingedlizard Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have a tablet in the garage but nothing beats pulling a page out the book and carrying it to the bike for reference, dropping it, standing on it, dumping hot oil on it then wiping it down and putting it back in the binder.
    78er, 0405canvet and bikemoto like this.
  18. bikemoto

bikemoto Tyre critic

Oddometer:
    I’m not that careful. :-(

I did used to print stuff out but that fell by the wayside as I got used to scrolling instead.
    Unhingedlizard likes this.
  19. Lost Dutchman

Lost Dutchman Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    + 1
  20. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    I just print the page I need from the electronic manual for that purpose. Good thing about it I can print another one the next time I do the job and I can still read the thing. :D
    jep111 likes this.