1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

3nd Ride to Pioneer Town (Socal) 10/1/11

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by sito, Sep 12, 2011.

1. HAPPYTRAILSINC

HAPPYTRAILSINC single track rider

Oddometer:
    I Think crab flats would be the best place to start!

that would be along way to get to crab flats????

if u guys are gonna take this route-beware-there are a few ROAD CLOSURES!

HWY/RT 173 is CLOSED right past the PCT all the way to the top at the firing range/across from pinnacles staging area!!!!

if u are gonna take Joels route thru hesperia up to coxy truck trail!!!!! there is a closure/detour on ranchero rd!
    rancho rd is closed for construction,
    you can still take this route!
    @ the closure of ranchero-make a left (alston) to stop sign (e ave) right to stop (danbury st) left-follow this a couple miles as this will take u back to to lake arrowhead rd!
  2. HAPPYTRAILSINC

Oddometer:
    Javi
    come join us!
    u can meet/ride w/us from my house in hesperia! about 1 hr to get to crab flats from my house!

anybody else that wants to save some time from driving into the mountians is also open to join us !

pm me for directions!
  3. sito

sito Long timer

Oddometer:
    Scott,
    There is a group of us that will be staying in Arrowhead (about 3 miles from pinnicals) That's why we were starting from there. Sat's ride is a simple PT ride, routing through Crab Flats. (open for suggestions on getting from Arrowhead to crabflats the fastest way by dirt)

Sunday is the same thing, looks like we need to get to crab flats as soon as possible. I only know of 2 ways to get up into BB on the dirt Devils hole or HWY 18 to grass valley) Sounds to me like you got the local knowlege so I'm all ears if you have any suggestions.

There is a trail at the top of the Arrowhead dam but I could never find out if that trail connects up to crab flats? that would be the closes trail head from the house. 3W12?

4. Earl999

Earl999 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The third way is via Cedar Glen (2N26Y) [where "The Malt Shop" is] and the T6 bridge trail up Dish Pan (NOT big bike friendly!) and then 3N34 to Crab Flats.
  5. sito

sito Long timer

Oddometer:
    Your right I forgot the T6 bridge but that would not be fun on an SE:huh where is the Rider he will know about that trail his folks place is there I think?
  6. BigBearRider

BigBearRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ben says there is some rainy weather coming:

http://www.bensweather.com/
  7. Earl999

Earl999 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oh yeah, going up Dish Pan (after T6) is NOT for big bikes!

I'll be up there Sat with a small group and we'll be doing Gold Mtn, John Bull, Devil's Hole and lunch at the Malt Shop.

My buddies could only do Sat, and we all wanted to hit some ST.

We'll have to do PT next time.
  8. HAPPYTRAILSINC

Oddometer:
    This is the shortest route to Crab flats from arrowhead via dirt!
    could be challenging for big bikes but doable!

we also have two ways to get to crab flats from my house , either via devils hole to t-6 jeep rd to CF!!! with the closing of 173 puts a kink on our route! or we could have bypassed devils hole!
    or we could do coxy truck trail via fire roads but would be the long way around!
    we will more than likley do the fisrt option!
    we are talking sunday right!
  9. trailtrick

trailtrick goat trail rider

Oddometer:
    got the directions , have a place to crash sat night ??
    First real ride after the surgery so take it easy on me LOL
  10. sito

sito Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes, Sunday is all we are talking about and this is only a small bike ride unless you ride like Riceless. I think for our group Pinnicals, devils hole to crab flats will be the most fun route from where we are starting (Sunday). It's fun not to crazy and with this group we sould be moving along at a good pace. We should try and all meet up at crab flats around 10:00.

For those of you that are just riding Sunday you can PM me for an address for an Arrowhead start or PM Happytrails for his address or last meet at Crab Flats.

11. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    who wants gps tracks from crab flats to pioneer town?

send an email to iwasedsel@yahoo.com

sorry, don't ask for it if you're not coming.

crab flts to pt is about 53 miles. we will be gassing up at circle K on big bear blvd, just south of the airport.
  12. HAPPYTRAILSINC

Oddometer:
    "unless you ride like Riceless"
    yes we do, thats why we are coming, to sample some of his great trails:clap:freaky!!!!

Ok 10am it is @ crab flats it is:deal!.
    if u are going that above route we will probably cross paths somewhere inbetween:lol3 unless u wanna meet us @ t-6 crossing 9ish, then we could ride together to CF!
    the pinnacles/ devils hole to CF route is a pretty long way around! u would have to take malcolm/redondo or 3n16 back to CF! im not 100% cause i dont have a map to look @!!!
    just my:norton 2cents
  13. Greezy_Dave

Greezy_Dave Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Need to stock up on supplies at the Chaparral sale sat morning then trucking the bike up to crab flats... so I probably won't be able to get to Crab Flats until 10-11. Since I'm guessing everyone will be long gone to PT by then, I'm just planning on doing some solo riding around BB sat, camping out sat night, riding sunday and driving home sometime sunday night.

Is there space available for sat night camping?
  14. johngil

johngil Reseda, CA

Oddometer:
    I'm hitching a ride to McD's. See you puckers Saturday.
  15. IntrepidRunner

IntrepidRunner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    All of these plans changes has made the weekend very unclear. Can somebody state it clearly? All I want to do is the Saturday ride starting from the Lake Arrowhead area. Minimal pavement desired as my bike will vibrate the fillings out of my mouth! :huh

If anybody is leaving from the SFV and wants to split gas up to Arrowhead for the Saturday ride, PM me quick.
  16. sito

sito Long timer

Oddometer:
    Follow the plan.:D
  17. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
  18. fudgypup

fudgypup Banned

Oddometer:
    Thanks for planning this ride.

Unfortunately I won't be doing the ride after all. I'm up right now in London to catch a flight home after two weeks of travelling and I'm just going to be wiped out. Plus, I want to spend that time with my kids. I'm sure you understand.

Have fun. Be safe.

PYYPP's
  19. DannyG

DannyG I have the waypoint.

Oddometer:
    so who will be starting from McD"s on Sat?

JohnGil 630
    Lior 800
    Ami 950
    DannyG 950
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
  20. IntrepidRunner

IntrepidRunner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry, guys, I've got too much non-M/C stuff going on this weekend, so I'll pass on this ride. :hide
    Everyone have a good ride and come back safe.