1. Adventure Rider Print Magazine!
    We're doing a print magazine this November - 128 pages of high quality adventure riding stories, photography and interviews!

Click here to purchase a copy for $9. Limited copies still available.
    Dismiss Notice

3nd Ride to Pioneer Town (Socal) 10/1/11

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by sito, Sep 12, 2011.

1. NSFW

NSFW basecamp4adv Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    that's correct danny. thanks, i can use it.

carpool or ride?, good question, tough answer. if we truck, i have plenty of firewood at home.

i'm more inclined to ride, but could be talked out of it.
  2. NSFW

Oddometer:

easier for those camping just to meet us at crab flats.

someone has to lead the riders staging from McDs to cleghorn to pinnacles
  3. M1Jeep

M1Jeep Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't know first hand but those are the same coords listed on the reserve usa.com site.
  4. Jon F

Jon F Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just sent Joel a link to reserve online at reserveamerica.com. I've never been to this campground so I don't know if one site is better than any other or if people even care if you have a reservation or not or if it's more of a first come, first served kind of place. But, it will be pretty dark when we arrive on Friday so it would be nice to know we have a place to set up.
  5. BigBearRider

BigBearRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Either way works for me, as long as I can find the place. I know where McD's is.
  6. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    John...if you want to meet me at my house stupid F'n early Saturday...I can truck you to the 210/18 area...save you some slab....
  7. johngil

johngil Reseda, CA

Oddometer:
    Possible. Thanks for the offer.
    I don't quite have the bike all sorted out yet. I'll let you know.
  8. loner

loner explorer

Oddometer:
    I'll be on the 450 all weekend, originally I wanted to ride the SE to Pioneertown, but Sunday will be a small bike day, so one bike is easier to deal with.
  9. IntrepidRunner

IntrepidRunner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am planning on being at McD's on Saturday morning.
  10. scorpion

scorpion Two arm bandit

Oddometer:
    +1 for McDs
  11. M1Jeep

M1Jeep Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ayone else? :ear

:deal We need a head count...

Saturday only:
    IntrepidRunner, BiggieFalls, johngil, Old DR650, Scorpion, Riddler990, El Zorillo, pjh66, ?

Sunday only:
    Nowwhat (small bike), Riceless, BajaRider650, ?

Fri & Sat camping:
    Sito (cabin), h8chains, FYYFF, M1Jeep, Luv2Race, TheRider (cabin), KLRrob, Jon F, loner, ?

Fri only camping:
    DannyG, KTAmi, ?

Sat only camping:
    fudgypup, Riceless, liorsmotoride, ?

Who else is in on this weekend's local getaway? :ear

:jose
  12. Kali Trailrider

Kali Trailrider PLATED X2

Oddometer:
    Bring some rain gear 40% chance of rain on sunday.:huh
  13. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:

That would be awesome....30% Fri, Sat, Sun
  14. NSFW

Oddometer:

jon, great idea. i've been to that campsite 2x and if you haven't reserved a spot, i can do it tonight or tomorrow morning. all we need is 1 campsite for friday and saturday. it's good for 8 people, we grab one more spot if there are more coming or another truck.

i burnt my right arm ,,,,:cry....and now thinking of trucking a bike or get a ride from paul. still leaving friday afternoon around 4pm. .
  15. Luv2putt

Luv2putt RETIRED!!

Oddometer:
    I'm leaving the OC at O'dark:30 am Saturday and should be in camp by 7 am. Slab to camp, get set up, and ride for 2 days. I may stay through Sunday at a remote spot coming home Monday morning.
  16. loner

loner explorer

Oddometer:
    Damn, Joel...:kboom

I can pick you up at 4PM, earlier is OK too. Just let me know. If we need an additional campsite, reserveamerica has a map on their site. It freezes my laptop, but I think the ones around #27 looked good. There is also a reservations window, lots of sites still available. I rarely camp in official campgrounds, if I see someone I don't know that constitutes a crowd. :lol3
  17. Jon F

Jon F Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I didn't do the resevation yet, so feel free to do it. I will bring some money to reimburse you.

Even though this is startng to sound more and more like a small bike ride I still want to try riding out there on the 640 so if anyone wants to meet up Friday and ride out to the campground, I am coming from Simi Valley and can meet up wherever. My schedule is pretty flexible from early afternoon on. I am up for slabbing or Angeles Crest.
  18. NSFW

Oddometer:
    my right forearm got in contact with the exhaust pipe last sunday. pretty tender right now. not sure if i can ride, but i can party.

site 28 is at the end, no neighbor on the north side. i'll reserve it tomorrow.

will load the bike up on my truck, thursday night, just come over to my house around 4:30 pm.

jon, wish i can ride along. paul and i will bring enough firewood. taking the cooler with refreshments and beer. we'll figure out later how much the damage for each person.
  19. riceless

riceless Let's Ride!

Oddometer:
    So Rich, I'm still not certain what I'm doing other than a small bike ride on Sunday. I'm thinking that ride will start at Crab Flats and the Malcolm Smith trail will be the "gatekeeper". In other words, anyone is welcome to join us if they are comfortable with the MS trail. That will be the smoothest section of the day. :D

Is Crab Flat the official campsite? If so, I may be a Saturday night camper. I have other folks that I'm ride coordinating with which makes definitive decisions difficult dude. :confused

Sorry to hear about your burn Joel. I've branded myself a few times. It hurts!
  20. tex_downey

tex_downey Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Im in, for the whole weekend. Ill try to leave friday after work around 4.