1. eNewsletter Sign Up

3rd Annual Soggy Bottom Motofest- Port Matilda, PA, July 26-28 2019

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by JJBucksnort, Jan 16, 2019.

1. JJBucksnort

JJBucksnort Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Long overdue Soggy Bottom update. First, thank you to all those that have already signed up. Registrations have already exceeded last year and we're still over 2 months out! Cabanas are sold out, a few bunks left in the bunk house, plenty of tenting and RV options available. We're looking into hotel options nearby for those that want to come, but want a private room. Route planning is well underway and we're really trying to up our game from last year. We're very close to securing access to over 18,000 acres of private ground in Central PA that offer incredible terrain, water crossings etc. The below pic is a hill climb on the property (much steeper than it looks) and a quick video of one of the water crossings. If we're able to secure this ground, you won't want to miss Ride 1 on Friday afternoon...plan accordingly!

IMG_1919.jpg

Reminder: early bird registration ends on Memorial Day
    eddie bolted, sspiff22 and wmfleet2 like this.
  2. longtrip68

longtrip68 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I’m in...can’t wait! Now just have to reserve a tent spot
  3. Edintheclouds

Edintheclouds Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm in! I got the luxury cabana again. Not even bringing a tent.
  4. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Great LT, look forward to meeting you!
  5. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    :clap
  6. Hidebound

Hidebound Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Would a set of Heidenau K60's (on a DR350) be ok tires for the intermediate route or should I get something more aggressive?
  7. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Hello HB, the K60's will be absolutely great for the route!
  8. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:

It's a go! We've been granted access to this awesome piece of ground and you won't want to miss this opportunity. The intermediate routes will bypass most of the difficult terrain, but for those who want a challenge, we just secured the biggest dual sport/ ADV playground in Central PA!!!!! woo hoo!
    TrailRoad, PFD023 and NJ-Bill like this.
  9. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    For those that want a roof over their heads, the Port Matilda Hotel and Tavern is approximately 1.5 miles from the event center and has two available rooms left at $50/night (nothing fancy, but this is an ADV rally after all). The next closest hotel is in State College. The Fairfield Inn and Suites is 7.5 miles from Godspeed Events and Lodging.
  10. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Soggy Bottom update:

We're pleased to announce that on Saturday evening, BMW brand expert Neale Bayly will be guest speaking! Neale will be joining us for the entire weekend and he has lots of cool stories to tell about his time riding BMW's in Peru. Here's a link to a sneak peek:

Also, we had one private cabana open up, so if you've been considering camping, but would like a nice private comfortable room, jump on it as it won't last long! Both bunk houses are almost full, a total of 6 beds remain. It's getting close!
  11. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Update: For those that are thinking about coming and tent camping isn't appealing, two State College, PA hotels have stepped up and offered discounted rates to attendees. The Sleep Inn and Comfort Inn and Suites have offered rates of $59 and $75 per night for attendees. You can reserve your room(s) by clicking on the appropriate link below or simply by calling the hotel directly. If you call, the discount code is "Soggy Bottom Motofest 2019". The hotels are adjacent to each other and a 10 minute ride from the event center.

Sleep Inn, State College, PA 814-235-1020: https://www.choicehotels.com/reservations/groups/CO03Q3

Comfor Inn and Suites, State College, PA 814-234-5530: https://www.choicehotels.com/reservations/groups/CA52Y8
    NJ-Bill likes this.
  12. eddie bolted

eddie bolted BOING!!! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Plan on being there!!!!
    Racer111v and JJBucksnort like this.
  13. YesRush

YesRush Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any RV spots left?
    19 ‘ toy hauler
  14. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Hello YR, absolutely plenty of room for more RV's! There are no hook ups, but plenty of room.
  15. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Put the finishing touches on the Ride 1 advanced loop today. My recommendation is to definitely bust out the knobbies! Water crossings, hill climbs, small rocks, big rocks, deep ruts and lots of mud.....less than three weeks away!

IMG_2607.jpg
  16. ejm4

ejm4 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I may have a cabana room available for the event. I am waiting on an answer from GodSpeed on whether I can transfer to another rider.

PM me if interested in the room.
  17. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Update: We've secured access to 20,000 more acres of private ground that are going to connect us from the towns of Houtzdale to Clearfield! We completed the trax for this "A" portion of Ride 2 last night and wow! Don't even consider doing this route without a solid set of 50/50's. Think buggy width tracks with lots of rocks, ruts, streams and great vistas. My only concern is how we're going to top this years ride, next year!

• We just purchased a portable Nomar tire changer that we will have on site for tire installs beginning at 9 am Friday. If you need a good set of 50/50's installed, email megan@kissellmotorsports.com to reserve a set of whatever tire you prefer and we'll have them there waiting for you. We're offering employee pricing on tires for the event.
    • We've rented the Port Matilda Hotel for lunch on Friday. The Hotel will host us from 11-1. You can pay for your lunch ($10) at check-in and we will provide you with a voucher. Please support us in this as we've guaranteed the Hotel a minimum of 40.
    • We will have a mobile moto "ems" unit set up in our box truck that will be following along on our rides. We will have tires, tubes, plugs, gas etc. to get you back on the road in a jiff during the event!
    • Email josh@kissellmotorsports if you haven't received a finalized itinerary yet.
    See you soon!
    Racer111v likes this.
  18. JJBucksnort

Oddometer:
    Hi Eddie, I was alerted to a question about the tent camping price. It's $30 for the entire weekend, not per night..thx
  19. eddie bolted

Oddometer:
    Thanks... thought it was per night!
  20. eddie bolted

Oddometer:
    What’s the name of the Band?